Closed Thread
Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning ladies. I noticed that in sa they give progesterone injections. How many of those do you have a day/week? Is it then ok to switch to pessaries when you get home? Which is better and what are the price differences? Tia xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Morning ladies. I noticed that in sa they give progesterone injections. How many of those do you have a day/week? Is it then ok to switch to pessaries when you get home? Which is better and what are the price differences? Tia xox
    Not sure about whether or not you can swap between the different types of meds. CFC give you exactly the right amount of injections you will need. No extras.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luca - sorry to hear your result was a BFN. Thinking of you xxx I really hope that your donor decides to donate for you again.

@ Caesardust - you have one injection a day starting from your donors egg collection/ your lining scan to your blood test day.
    If you get a positive you will continue taking them till 6 weeks and then alternate between injections and crinone till 10/11 weeks.

CFC will provide you with 35 injections . Gestone is certainly cheaper in SA buy some extra, other wise online pharmacy Aus $110 dollars per box of 10.

Crinone not sure - i'm using some left over I had from my own IVF cycles.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Crinone is much cheaper in SA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Crinone is much cheaper in SA
    Are we able to get Crinone in SA and bring it back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    FMJ when I was there February last year I brought back 10 boxes of Crinone. They are about 1/3 the price.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (05-08-2016),FMJ  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yes just ask them to organise it for you - I actually requested it before I even left ofr SA last time just so they had time to get it in if required.
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Are we able to get Crinone in SA and bring it back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    @Luca - sorry to hear your result was a BFN. Thinking of you xxx I really hope that your donor decides to donate for you again.

@ Caesardust - you have one injection a day starting from your donors egg collection/ your lining scan to your blood test day.
    If you get a positive you will continue taking them till 6 weeks and then alternate between injections and crinone till 10/11 weeks.

CFC will provide you with 35 injections . Gestone is certainly cheaper in SA buy some extra, other wise online pharmacy Aus $110 dollars per box of 10.

Crinone not sure - i'm using some left over I had from my own IVF cycles.
    Which online pharmacy is that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Itwilhappen View Post
    I'd just like to add that we went to CT in July, had a 5 day transfer on 20th and did blood test on 31st with HCg 423. Still very cautious but stoked.
    CFC are great, albeit a busy place with all 3 doctors engaged. We had 3 visits to the clinic and saw Dr Matebese, who is wonderful; a quietly spoken lady who is very conscientious about her job.

I had 2 failed donor transfers in 2015 in Greece so I consulted my FS here to try see if anything could be done to help also.

We picked a young, non smoking, proven donor. It is somewhat anonymous in SA but you do see some childhood photos, get an idea of personality & as I would like to be completely honest with any children, I think this would be important to share with them if they wish.

Cape Town is a fantastic place to visit and navigating is easy with a car, though a lot drive badly. We witnessed 4 crashes. We stayed by Clifton Beach for the almost 2 weeks we were there so it felt like a real get away with the ocean front views. Eating out is half to less than half the price of Aus. Buying groceries wasn't so much difference in $ so labour is obviously very cheap there. Please tip. Seafood was fantastic and the way they do superb calamari.
    There are so many things to see and do in the vicinity: wineries, national parks. We missed out on a safari but maybe if we ever go back.

Good luck to all and thanks to all for their invaluable input here!
    @Itwilhappen im sorry for butting in on the thread, was wondering which clinic u used in greece and why you changed to SA, if its not too forward? Im planning to go to greece for de myself. Thank you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you OffshoreChick! Just saw your email today and coincidentally, we found our donor last night. She seems perfect to us as well but as you said, Be prepared for anything, so we're definitely taking that to heart. My one concern is if it would matter whether the donor was a “proven donor.” Not sure if that would matter. But anyway, more importantly, we'll plan to view this trip as a vacation, be flexible and enjoy ourselves. Thanks again! And great news on the pregnancy! Cosmic hugs!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cali2015 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (06-08-2016),Offshorechick  (06-08-2016)