Closed Thread
Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Hi everyone - a quick check in. We head over on Tuesday, with first scan Wednesday and 5 day ET scheduled for the 10th (approx). Weird to think that in about 16 days from now I could be seriously getting into POASing!

Who else is over next couple of weeks?
    @Rubywoohoo, how exciting for u and all the very best for positive result. We will be heading over in the next couple of weeks, but wel be hanging out at J'burg first and then make our way to cape town on 15th Aug with transfer on 22nd Aug. All the best for those who are going over soon and those who are waiting for their results.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (31-07-2016),Offshorechick  (01-08-2016),Rubywoohoo  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Petulia I'm kind of worried about you giving away your Crinone? I'm trying to read between the lines. How are you holding up? Huge hugs.
    No no no, everything is fine as long as I know. It was from an old cycle and never got to use it. I use pessaries, and I heard it was horrible anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has your phone rung yet @Luca? You're in my thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

My husband and I have decided to move forward with egg donation but are finding it difficult on choosing where. We are currently trying to decide between cape town or Czech republic. Any insight or feedback you could give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just like to add that we went to CT in July, had a 5 day transfer on 20th and did blood test on 31st with HCg 423. Still very cautious but stoked.
    CFC are great, albeit a busy place with all 3 doctors engaged. We had 3 visits to the clinic and saw Dr Matebese, who is wonderful; a quietly spoken lady who is very conscientious about her job.

I had 2 failed donor transfers in 2015 in Greece so I consulted my FS here to try see if anything could be done to help also.

We picked a young, non smoking, proven donor. It is somewhat anonymous in SA but you do see some childhood photos, get an idea of personality & as I would like to be completely honest with any children, I think this would be important to share with them if they wish.

Cape Town is a fantastic place to visit and navigating is easy with a car, though a lot drive badly. We witnessed 4 crashes. We stayed by Clifton Beach for the almost 2 weeks we were there so it felt like a real get away with the ocean front views. Eating out is half to less than half the price of Aus. Buying groceries wasn't so much difference in $ so labour is obviously very cheap there. Please tip. Seafood was fantastic and the way they do superb calamari.
    There are so many things to see and do in the vicinity: wineries, national parks. We missed out on a safari but maybe if we ever go back.

Good luck to all and thanks to all for their invaluable input here!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Itwilhappen For This Useful Post:

cali2015  (06-08-2016),mardicharli  (02-08-2016),midnite01  (01-08-2016),Rubywoohoo  (01-08-2016),Tahli  (01-08-2016),wazbub  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    No no no, everything is fine as long as I know. It was from an old cycle and never got to use it. I use pessaries, and I heard it was horrible anyway.
    I'm using Crinone but it's still early days. Got two boxes but may need a third. That stuff is expensive! I'll get in touch when I'm shopping for my next box to see if you still have it if that's ok? PS. It's not too bad - but like I said - it's early days for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. It's a BFN for us confirmed by BT yesterday. Good luck to all the girls for your upcoming trips. It's such a beautiful place. Even though it was a bfn we still had an amazing holiday on our 3rd trip there. We may go back again. We have asked our donor if she would consider donating again so our daughter can have a full sibling. Just got to convince hubby!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (02-08-2016),KerryS  (03-08-2016),Tahli  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    I'm using Crinone but it's still early days. Got two boxes but may need a third. That stuff is expensive! I'll get in touch when I'm shopping for my next box to see if you still have it if that's ok? PS. It's not too bad - but like I said - it's early days for me.
    Already gone, sorry @Offshorechick
    It's all expensive. Especially the progesterone in oil.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Already gone, sorry @Offshorechick
    It's all expensive. Especially the progesterone in oil.
    That's ok. Yes nearly at the end of my progesterone injections so very glad not going to need anymore of those. Hopefully at the end of all this process I won't need to spend anymore money on the meds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    That's ok. Yes nearly at the end of my progesterone injections so very glad not going to need anymore of those. Hopefully at the end of all this process I won't need to spend anymore money on the meds.
    I hope so for you. It's highway robbery

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (03-08-2016)