Closed Thread
Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1060
  1. #681
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Fabulous news @Offshorechick! Must be wonderful to have that confirmation :-) Great number!!
    How are you doing @HB13?

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    How are you doing @HB13?
    Hi, I'm doing ok. My blood test is on Friday so just waiting! Managed to get a cold on the way home so spent the plane trip blowing my nose constantly. Still recovering now and feel pretty tired and crappy.
    But so nice to get home and into my own bed.
    Trying to decide if I'll POAS or not. I was planning to do one on Wednesday but hubby starts a new role at his job on wed so if it's negative don't really want to make his first couple of days bad.
    How are you feeling? Did you get any signs before blood test that it had worked for you? Will you be getting a second test to look at doubling times?

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    yay I just received my treatment plan from CFC. Im not sure which option to choose from in relation to medication. Finding out that the leuprolide and Triptorelin injections are quite expensive.
    Just wondering whether to carry out the nasal sprays or injections? I suppose the nasal sprays would be cheaper and less painful? Which option did most choose?
    thank you

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (19-07-2016),Offshorechick  (19-07-2016)

  5. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinos77 View Post
    yay I just received my treatment plan from CFC. Im not sure which option to choose from in relation to medication. Finding out that the leuprolide and Triptorelin injections are quite expensive.
    Just wondering whether to carry out the nasal sprays or injections? I suppose the nasal sprays would be cheaper and less painful? Which option did most choose?
    thank you
    That's exciting! I used the one off depot injection just because I wanted to have the least amount. I had heard bad things about the reactions to the nasal spray but have never used it myself so who knows!

  6. #685
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    I used the nasal spray due to the uncertainty of when I'd be home. That way I could travel with the spray and start it when instructed. I had no problems with it. Made me a little snotty for a bit but just resisted the urge to blow.

  7. #686
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Hi, I'm doing ok. My blood test is on Friday so just waiting! Managed to get a cold on the way home so spent the plane trip blowing my nose constantly. Still recovering now and feel pretty tired and crappy.
    But so nice to get home and into my own bed.
    Trying to decide if I'll POAS or not. I was planning to do one on Wednesday but hubby starts a new role at his job on wed so if it's negative don't really want to make his first couple of days bad.
    How are you feeling? Did you get any signs before blood test that it had worked for you? Will you be getting a second test to look at doubling times?

    A cold on top of flying home is crappy. I struggled with the jetlag at night - was a bit tired throughout the day from being awake for a big chunk of the night. All good now. Except that we now have a new puppy and he's wanting to play at night and sleep all day

    I POAS twice. Blood test was booked for the Friday and by the Wed morning I was beside myself so I POAS. The second line was strong enough for me to feel happy. I then POAS the morning of my test - I new the doc would question me so I gave it another shot. Second line was stronger than the first one so a little more confident. Off to the doc again this arvo. Got my followup treatment plan from CFC so I will need more drugs. I'll ask for another blood test. I go back to work in WA next week so will ask for a third blood test on the Monday before I go to check my levels.

    Everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling. I think they are disappointed that I'm not feeling much different haha. The Progesterone is making my boobs hurt but thats about it. My lower back hurts from the injections...will be stoked when they finish. One day at a time I guess.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (19-07-2016)

  9. #687
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    A cold on top of flying home is crappy. I struggled with the jetlag at night - was a bit tired throughout the day from being awake for a big chunk of the night. All good now. Except that we now have a new puppy and he's wanting to play at night and sleep all day

    I POAS twice. Blood test was booked for the Friday and by the Wed morning I was beside myself so I POAS. The second line was strong enough for me to feel happy. I then POAS the morning of my test - I new the doc would question me so I gave it another shot. Second line was stronger than the first one so a little more confident. Off to the doc again this arvo. Got my followup treatment plan from CFC so I will need more drugs. I'll ask for another blood test. I go back to work in WA next week so will ask for a third blood test on the Monday before I go to check my levels.

    Everyone keeps asking me how I'm feeling. I think they are disappointed that I'm not feeling much different haha. The Progesterone is making my boobs hurt but thats about it. My lower back hurts from the injections...will be stoked when they finish. One day at a time I guess.
    Omg, the jet lag is killing me! My 3 yr old is struggling big time with time difference so even when I'm tired again and ready to sleep she's wide awake. The last 3 nights we've been awake from midnight till 4am. I'm now trying to go to bed super early so I get a couple of hours in before wake up time again. I lost it last night as I'd spent hours awake then trying to get her to sleep (and low patience threshold due to drugs I think!) so I got cranky and turned her light on and told her to play and read but do not wake me up. It worked! When I woke at 10 this morning she was in bed, books all over the floor but didn't wake me up.
    I imagine a new puppy is like a newborn! Good practice especially after the night time jet lag.

    I'm thinking of sneakily POAS on wed and only telling hubby if it's a positive...will see how well I can hold out...
    Good luck for second blood test, you had nice strong levels so imagining they will be fabulous today as well.
    Did your boobs only start hurting recently from progesterone or all along? I've not really had any symptoms at all except a bit of cramping and pulling kind of sensations but no sore boobs!
    It's funny, when I initially did those butt injections the area was so sore if I leant on it but that only lasted a couple of days then it wasn't sore at all. Since I've been home it's hurting again when I lie or roll onto it at night, but don't know if it is due to the cold/flu where everything hurts more!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (19-07-2016)

  11. #688
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Omg, the jet lag is killing me! My 3 yr old is struggling big time with time difference so even when I'm tired again and ready to sleep she's wide awake. The last 3 nights we've been awake from midnight till 4am. I'm now trying to go to bed super early so I get a couple of hours in before wake up time again. I lost it last night as I'd spent hours awake then trying to get her to sleep (and low patience threshold due to drugs I think!) so I got cranky and turned her light on and told her to play and read but do not wake me up. It worked! When I woke at 10 this morning she was in bed, books all over the floor but didn't wake me up.
    I imagine a new puppy is like a newborn! Good practice especially after the night time jet lag.

    I'm thinking of sneakily POAS on wed and only telling hubby if it's a positive...will see how well I can hold out...
    Good luck for second blood test, you had nice strong levels so imagining they will be fabulous today as well.
    Did your boobs only start hurting recently from progesterone or all along? I've not really had any symptoms at all except a bit of cramping and pulling kind of sensations but no sore boobs!
    It's funny, when I initially did those butt injections the area was so sore if I leant on it but that only lasted a couple of days then it wasn't sore at all. Since I've been home it's hurting again when I lie or roll onto it at night, but don't know if it is due to the cold/flu where everything hurts more!
    Our puppy is like a newborn. I got about two hours of good sleep last night and then some light dozing from 3am til 6am. It's crazy. Left him alone in his puppy pen for 1.5 hours this morning to get my hair done. Was going crazy with worry that he was all stressed out and breaking through the fences. Raced home to find him right as rain. He'd probably slept the whole time

    My boobs starting getting sore from the start of the injections. Hugs need to be gentle at the moment. Also felt like I pulled a breast muscle the other night rolling over in bed.

    My injections hurt a little more after I've been leaning on them for awhile. I think in CT we got up and did stuff everyday. Now that I'm home and back to the real world there's a little more tv time and cups of tea on the couch. Wearing a lot of trackie pants at the moment

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

    HB13  (19-07-2016)

  13. #689
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked
    836
    Reviews
    0
    Offshore chick congratulations on your bfp. Such great levels.

    HB all the best for your blood test on Friday. I think it is sounding positive. We took our 1 yr old to Cape Town in April. She really suffered jetlag when we got back & it took us all a couple of weeks to get back to normal. We don't have her with us this time. Poor little bubbas suffer.

    ECM I am sorry this time didn't work for you again. I don't blame you for being frustrated. It's just crap to not work 4 times. I know you are talking about surrogacy & I hope this works for you.

    petulia hope one you are going ok.

    tittle so great you have picked another donor so quickly. September will be here before you know it.

    we have been in Cape Town a few days & loving it again. We haven't stopped as so much to do can't get enough of this beautiful place. My first appt with clinic is on Thursday & transfer booked in on Friday. I finished synarel on Sunday & started gestone yesterday. This is our last trip so thawing all our embies. Fingers crossed they thaw ok.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

    Caesardust  (19-07-2016),emski72  (19-07-2016),HB13  (19-07-2016),midnite01  (19-07-2016)

  15. #690
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    0
    Lots of news to catch up on the thread ! @Offshorechick Congratulations - great news! @Aquinoss77 I used synarel, no problems except for a stuffy nose sometimes. I had a major snotty cold whilst taking it and still supressed me. I paid $195 aus for it .
    Well im off tommorrow solo - leaving my 4.5 year old and hubby here whilst I head back for my FET on Thursday. @Luca i might see you at the clinic thursday - I am in CT till Monday if you are still around at all.
    Feeling a bit tired , not sure if thats from prednisone or gestone or just the anticipation of it all again !! I have organised for acupuncture after the transfer , but contemplating one before as well. I have been having treatments once a week at home for about 6 weeks - what are thoughts regarding this?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

    HB13  (19-07-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #12
    By Cathy69 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 13:30
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #11
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1056
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 15:32
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!