Closed Thread
Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Canuck1 After all your hard work and patience to get your embryos over to Canada I really hope your next transfer is THE one. CFCs success rate with FETs is around 50 to 60% I believe. Curiously, have you asked Kimenthra if any other recipient has had success with the donors sperm? What immune issues have you been tested for? Possibly a silly question to an experienced ttcer but do you POAS early on to see if implantation may be occurring?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-07-2016),Lolly99  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tahli, I do hope the next one works. I thought that their FET success was higher than the normal rate. I have heard that Kimenthra has left CFC, as Dr. Wiswedel is on leave and Cyndi is also gone, no one I worked with remains. But that is an idea.
    I have not been tested for any immune issues, but my General Practitioner and Reproductive Endocrinologist do not believe I have any and I have no physiological symptoms that would indicate immune issues.
    I don't POAS, when I was pregnant and worried about the pregnancy I POAS and it came up negative, I went in the next day and my hcg was 12,000. I get blood tests at 7dp5dt so that is pretty early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm wondering if Kimenthra, Cyndi, Jenny and Dr Wiswedel are going to pop up at another clinic or even a new one?? Does anyone know who is in charge of the lab now? So far my embryos have had a 100% success rate at thawing. I hope the thaw rate doesn't decrease with Kimenthra gone.
    @Canuck1 hopefully some of the girls will be able to suggest some new things to try. @Blu Pleeeease don't be put off by my grumbling. Just put your 'determined not to be like her' hat on and get up the duff on the first or second go!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 06-07-2016 at 16:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kylie764 so sad to read your news. I'm so sorry and know nothing makes it feel better except time. Take care of yourself xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Hello ladies,
    My (10) embryos were shipped from CFC to my clinic in Toronto with another woman's. I tried one FET in January (1 B4AA & 1 B3AA) and one in May (1 B4AB, 1 B4BB & 1 B3AB): yes three - going for broke. Both times I came up with a BFN, as did the other woman who tried twice. Has anyone on the forum had success with frozen embryos?
    The embryos were good quality, my lining was 13mm &11mm. I do know that only ~30% of FETs work, but I thought mine would. I used donor sperm so my RE here and Dr. Wiswedel said they were good embryos.
    I am about to start another FET cycle, I have two more straws with five embryos of varying quality (both with the same colour ring so I have no idea what I am getting - if you are on your way to Cape Town make sure they clearly label the straws). Any thoughts welcome (I am taking natural folate and have no immune issues).
    Also, my doctor here asked me to write up a 'how to' for going to Cape Town. It has information on the process, tourism and a medication spreadsheet. I can't seem to upload it but PM me if you are starting on your journey. It is from a Canadian perspective, but most of the information is universal.
    @Canuck1, I'm pregnant from a frozen embryo now. I thought the success rate was only about 5-10% less than fresh.

Is it possible to get a second opinion from another doctor before transferring any more embryos? I'd hate to see them wasted if there's a solution to your implantation problems. What have you been tested for so far? You mentioned no immune issues. Maybe some people here will have some ideas on other things to look for.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    @Canuck1, I'm pregnant from a frozen embryo now. I thought the success rate was only about 5-10% less than fresh.

Is it possible to get a second opinion from another doctor before transferring any more embryos? I'd hate to see them wasted if there's a solution to your implantation problems. What have you been tested for so far? You mentioned no immune issues. Maybe some people here will have some ideas on other things to look for.
    @Canuck1, I would get tested for the immune issues anyway, you don't often have any symptoms, I didn't except for a tendency towards skin irritations and allergies (sensitive skin, hives, hayfever, asthma) and family history of immune/inflammatory issues (Crohns, endometriosis). NK cells, antiphospholipid syndrome, MTHFR gene mutation, thyroid function, gene assay.

Another thought I had was about the sperm donor and DQ alpha matching with you (the fact it's a donor egg doesn't matter because it is your uterus)??? But I have no idea how you would test that with a donor.
    Last edited by Petulia; 06-07-2016 at 20:27.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylie764 im so very sorry for your sad ending. Sending you lots of love. Xx
    When i was at the clinic Dr M mentioned that she didnt think Dr W would come back from his sabbatical. I think he has permanently retired to his vineyard. @Canuck1 could you ask Dr Metebese to send you the notes written about the embryos from the lab. Dr W and C both said to me they though our last collection of embryos were good quality, though Dr M disagreed and showed us the lab notes which said something along the lines of soft shell meaning they looked perfect but were a bit soft on the edges. I think if you emailed Dr M and asked for her honest opinion in your situation she woukd help you. Im sad that Kimenthra has left and i do not know who is the head now although i was emailing Kinny. Its hard to know what makes a cycle work and an emby stick. I hope and pray that your miracle is there!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylie764, I am really sorry to hear your news. It must be heartbreaking to get that far and to be told that. Hope you are looking after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how I can get Gestone in Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Does anyone know how I can get Gestone in Australia?
    Try compound chemists. Most don't stock it but a couple do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (07-07-2016)