Closed Thread
Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the above details. I guess I should get cracking with the donor selection. I noticed some agencies don't have many proven donors, but as I'm not sure we could finance more than one trip, I figure we have to go for a proven donor.

I hope your latest trip to SA has been productive and you have a safe trip back to Australia.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blu For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    I was under Dr M with my succesful DE pregnancy. Everyones treatment plan is different. I also felt the same, that was it overkill but I wasn't goibg to risk it. I was on Dex/Pred 25mg and didn't wean off until 28wks. I had intrilipids every 4 weeks until 18wks. I was on Neupogen until 10wks plus 80mg Clexane until I gave birth. He didn't up my prog but my OB kept me on it until birth. Apparently it prevents the risk of premature birth.
    Have faith in him with the treatment plan as he is the expert in this area not CFC.
    Thanks @Miss Sagi that helps a lot. Dex is hard core stuff. And bubs all fine I'm guessing? I've been wondering about the clexane, do you have to stop it a certain amount of time prior to birth with the bleeding? Guess that's something to talk to Dr M about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Thanks @Miss Sagi that helps a lot. Dex is hard core stuff. And bubs all fine I'm guessing? I've been wondering about the clexane, do you have to stop it a certain amount of time prior to birth with the bleeding? Guess that's something to talk to Dr M about.
    No side affects for the babies. I think cleft palate is a tiny percentage risk.
    I gave birth at 34wks. Dr M was away at this time but the anesthesiologist said I just had to be off it for 12 - 18hrs prior to surgery. Luckily I was given 48hrs notice that they were coming out.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (05-07-2016),Petulia  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just a quick update - 17 embies growing - transferring on 6th July. Oh and my butt is killing me from the progesterone injections already and it's only day 4.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (05-07-2016),HB13  (05-07-2016),mardicharli  (06-07-2016),Petulia  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have arrived and had our first appointment at Cape Fertility. Our donor needs an extra 2 days which I hope is not a bad sign, but apparently has 10 good sized follicles and they seem happy with that. My lining is good at 10mm so hoping for egg collection on Friday.

I didn't realize the progesterone were butt injections! @Offshorechick are you doing them yourself?
    17 embies is fabulous! Good luck for transfer.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (05-07-2016),Petulia  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    We have arrived and had our first appointment at Cape Fertility. Our donor needs an extra 2 days which I hope is not a bad sign, but apparently has 10 good sized follicles and they seem happy with that. My lining is good at 10mm so hoping for egg collection on Friday.

I didn't realize the progesterone were butt injections! @Offshorechick are you doing them yourself?
    17 embies is fabulous! Good luck for transfer.
    Did they say why the extra two days? I think it's progesterone going into me. I saw needle and started to go on autopilot. DH is injecting for me. Where are you staying? If you want to meet for a soothing wine we're fond of the Waterfront.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Offshorechick, they didn't give specific reasons. I think just to make sure they grow to the right size before triggering.
    I'm wondering how hard it is to inject myself, I'm a bit of a control freak! Don't know if I'd like hubby to do it for me.
    We are staying about half an hour out of the centre, in Kalk Bay. We might be staying Thursday night right nearby if you're still around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HB13, I injected myself, I'm single so had to but even if I had a partner I would want to do it...control thing as well. Stand infront of a mirror. Funnily enough as scary as the needle looks it doesn't hurt going in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

HB13  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah it's to let the smaller follicles catch up HB13 - it happened on our last cycle.
    Em x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

HB13  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    So just a quick update - 17 embies growing - transferring on 6th July. Oh and my butt is killing me from the progesterone injections already and it's only day 4.
    I found doing it a bit higher than they told me - above the crack line - and staying towards the outer side has been much less painful for me. There is a YouTube video done by a Sher fertility nurse.
    I was worried about my partner doing them too but he has gotten better. I usually do all the prep and he does the jab. It's such a high dose it's hard to get wrong.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (06-07-2016),HB13  (05-07-2016),Offshorechick  (05-07-2016)