Closed Thread
Page 59 of 106 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1060
  1. #581
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked
    832
    Reviews
    0
    Hi everyone,

    I just wanted to join in as we leave in just over a week for our lucky last FET. I haven't been on here for ages so just quickly read up on what is going on. We went back in April for a FET but it was a BFN. This time around we are thawing all our embies (we have 10) & picking the best 3.

    I was one of the last that Dr W did a FET for before he went on sabbatical in April for someone who was asking about that.

    Congrats Petulia - what wonderful news for you that your beta is doubling. Yes bleeding is very common. I had it with my first DE pregnancy.

    Arall - good luck with your upcoming FET. My transfer is on 22 July but we will be in CT the week before from 16 July so happy to catch up if that timing works for you.

    We will be visiting the vineyards & eating & drinking up a storm in CT. My transfer is booked in the day before we fly home. Also plan on visiting Canal walk shops as haven't been there. We are staying in Green Point this time.

    Good luck to everyone xx

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (04-07-2016),emski72  (02-07-2016),mardicharli  (03-07-2016),Petulia  (02-07-2016)

  3. #582
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I just wanted to join in as we leave in just over a week for our lucky last FET. I haven't been on here for ages so just quickly read up on what is going on. We went back in April for a FET but it was a BFN. This time around we are thawing all our embies (we have 10) & picking the best 3.

    I was one of the last that Dr W did a FET for before he went on sabbatical in April for someone who was asking about that.

    Congrats Petulia - what wonderful news for you that your beta is doubling. Yes bleeding is very common. I had it with my first DE pregnancy.

    Arall - good luck with your upcoming FET. My transfer is on 22 July but we will be in CT the week before from 16 July so happy to catch up if that timing works for you.

    We will be visiting the vineyards & eating & drinking up a storm in CT. My transfer is booked in the day before we fly home. Also plan on visiting Canal walk shops as haven't been there. We are staying in Green Point this time.

    Good luck to everyone xx
    Good luck Luca

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

    Luca  (03-07-2016)

  5. #583
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Hi Ladies, does anyone know if some of the donors in Cape Town are agreeable to ongoing contact if the donation is successful; ideally exchange email, photos once a year and be willing to meet the child when they are older (if that is what the child wanted)? Thanks

  6. #584
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Hi All,
    I'm not sure if I have the right place, but was hoping to get some more in-depth advice on egg donor process in SA. I have contacted a number of services, and was planning to go with somewhere in Capetown. I've also registered with a number of donor agencies, and have looked at the donor's on offer but haven't chosen anyone yet. My husband has been overseas for the last 6 months , so I haven't been able to move forward with the plan. But I was hoping before he got back I could catch up on all I need to know, and hit the ground running. We had a donor organised in Australia, but that fell through while he was away, and I just don't think I can wait another year (been TTC for over 5 years now). Anyway would appreciate some advice on:
    • How much time is needed from the time you pick the donor, until you go over to SA? My husband will not be able to get much time off work, so I was thinking we could go in late September, but wasn't sure if this is realistic. He could only be there a week maximum, to do his bit and then I would have to remain.
    • How long post embryo transfer is needed? I was thinking 2-3 weeks, but I'm also limited on how much time I can get off work.
    • Any feedback on fertility services in Capetown. I see that Tahli has had a negative experience with Cape Fertility Clinic, but I was leaning towards using them, after reading some other reviews.
    • Any advice on donor agencies? I have contacted many, but wasn't sure which to go with, although I guess finding the right donor will probably help me decide this.
    • In terms of budget I was thinking $12,000 AUD, including all the flights, accommodation, donor costs and fertility clinic fees. Is that realistic?
    Sorry if these questions have been asked before. I've tried to look through for some more information, but it was kind of overwhelming with all the pages lol.

  7. #585
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    Hi Ladies, does anyone know if some of the donors in Cape Town are agreeable to ongoing contact if the donation is successful; ideally exchange email, photos once a year and be willing to meet the child when they are older (if that is what the child wanted)? Thanks
    Hi Smurf09

    This is what is posted on the Nurture site:

    Future Contact: As the law currently stands, all donations have to be anonymous - this means no contact between you and your recipient. However, some recipients would like to know that SHOULD the law change in the future, would you be open to receiving photos or updates relating to a child that might be born through your donation? Any such contact would be facilitated through Nurture only - your details will never be made available without your express permission. If this is not a yes or no answer for you (as it is difficult to anticipate how you are going to feel 10/20 years down the line), you may also put "unsure".

    Legally the donor has to be anonymous, they don't have a choice. I guess you could chose a donor who is happy to receive contact if it every becomes legal that way the door is left open for future contact.

    Hope this helps.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (05-07-2016),smurf09  (05-07-2016)

  9. #586
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked
    602
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm not sure if I have the right place, but was hoping to get some more in-depth advice on egg donor process in SA. I have contacted a number of services, and was planning to go with somewhere in Capetown. I've also registered with a number of donor agencies, and have looked at the donor's on offer but haven't chosen anyone yet. My husband has been overseas for the last 6 months , so I haven't been able to move forward with the plan. But I was hoping before he got back I could catch up on all I need to know, and hit the ground running. We had a donor organised in Australia, but that fell through while he was away, and I just don't think I can wait another year (been TTC for over 5 years now). Anyway would appreciate some advice on:
    • How much time is needed from the time you pick the donor, until you go over to SA? My husband will not be able to get much time off work, so I was thinking we could go in late September, but wasn't sure if this is realistic. He could only be there a week maximum, to do his bit and then I would have to remain.
    • How long post embryo transfer is needed? I was thinking 2-3 weeks, but I'm also limited on how much time I can get off work.
    • Any feedback on fertility services in Capetown. I see that Tahli has had a negative experience with Cape Fertility Clinic, but I was leaning towards using them, after reading some other reviews.
    • Any advice on donor agencies? I have contacted many, but wasn't sure which to go with, although I guess finding the right donor will probably help me decide this.
    • In terms of budget I was thinking $12,000 AUD, including all the flights, accommodation, donor costs and fertility clinic fees. Is that realistic?
    Sorry if these questions have been asked before. I've tried to look through for some more information, but it was kind of overwhelming with all the pages lol.
    Hi there i can answer a few of your questions while im on free wifi at our hotel in Johannesburg because of a flight delay.
    You usually allow 3 months roughly from choosing and reserving a donor to heading over for transfer to give you time to sync cycles etc. But im sure it can be done in 2 months if you needed and your donor was available.
    Cape fertility is the most popular clinic with overseas clients like us Aussie girls. My sth african acupuncturist was saying there is another really good clinic but i cant recall the name. Maybe if someone lists a few it will jog my memory. We first used gift of life and thought they were great, this time we used EDSA and while they started off good communication became poor towards the end and im not sure i would recommend them as i think they may be going through some changes. A baby SA is popular. I think find a donor you like- right age, hair color, proven donor, health etc and go from there. Most of the agencies are good but i recommend asking them for the donors history of they have donated beforem this is important. You want a donor that responds well to stims and has good quality eggs.
    I would budget mor towards 15k although im sure we may have spent more because there is a lot of great touristy stuff to do.
    Two weeks is enough time. For a fresh cycle you arrive 3 or 4 days before approximate egg collection and then stay 3-4 days after transfer. But if you wish you can fly out the next day, it has been done by others but its always good to leave a few days window incase things dont go to plan. Good luck.

  10. #587
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    To those in/soon going to Cape Town I recommend a gorgeous little store called Mr & Mrs for clothes and jewellery. It's not cheap but compared to some Australian stores it's reasonable for boutique clothes for that upmarket and boho look. The main store is in Kloof St Gardens but they also have a stall at the Watershed V&A. Lots of other lovely things at the Watershed too. Cut little store called Mungo and Jemima, and I bought a beautiful paper clutch from a store called Evolution.

    Beta still rising now at 1216 15dpt and yet still can't let myself get excited...

    Trying to figure out scan and due dates and have been given three different dates by different calculators
    Last edited by Petulia; 04-07-2016 at 16:11.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (05-07-2016),HB13  (04-07-2016),mardicharli  (06-07-2016)

  12. #588
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,617
    Thanks
    1,316
    Thanked
    5,589
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    To those in/soon going to Cape Town I recommend a gorgeous little store called Mr & Mrs for clothes and jewellery. It's not cheap but compared to some Australian stores it's reasonable for boutique clothes for that upmarket and boho look. The main store is in Kloof St Gardens but they also have a stall at the Watershed V&A. Lots of other lovely things at the Watershed too. Cut little store called Mungo and Jemima, and I bought a beautiful paper clutch from a store called Evolution.

    Beta still rising now at 1216 15dpt and yet still can't let myself get excited...

    Trying to figure out scan and due dates and have been given three different dates by different calculators
    I got a nice robe from the here last time.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

    Petulia  (04-07-2016)

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Has anyone used Dr M from Sydney for immune issues? I feel like he is going a bit overboard with me but feel stuck because I don't want to kick myself if something goes wrong.

    I have to stay on 20mgs pred until 12 weeks minimum he says. I hate that ****. Also now wants me to supplement my already high progesterone intake of Gestone 100 and progynova 8mgs with a daily pessary... what for? My progesterone levels are 142. It's just likely to irritate me and cause bleeding which will freak the hell out of me. He also said have 2 more intralipid transfusions when CF said one more.

    Just hoping all of this medication is doing the right thing and not completely uneccessary and hurting a growing bub. I know CT told me pred is associated with cleft palate and my obs told me it's associated with pre-term birth.

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Has anyone used Dr M from Sydney for immune issues? I feel like he is going a bit overboard with me but feel stuck because I don't want to kick myself if something goes wrong.

    I have to stay on 20mgs pred until 12 weeks minimum he says. I hate that ****. Also now wants me to supplement my already high progesterone intake of Gestone 100 and progynova 8mgs with a daily pessary... what for? My progesterone levels are 142. It's just likely to irritate me and cause bleeding which will freak the hell out of me. He also said have 2 more intralipid transfusions when CF said one more.

    Just hoping all of this medication is doing the right thing and not completely uneccessary and hurting a growing bub. I know CT told me pred is associated with cleft palate and my obs told me it's associated with pre-term birth.
    I was under Dr M with my succesful DE pregnancy. Everyones treatment plan is different. I also felt the same, that was it overkill but I wasn't goibg to risk it. I was on Dex/Pred 25mg and didn't wean off until 28wks. I had intrilipids every 4 weeks until 18wks. I was on Neupogen until 10wks plus 80mg Clexane until I gave birth. He didn't up my prog but my OB kept me on it until birth. Apparently it prevents the risk of premature birth.
    Have faith in him with the treatment plan as he is the expert in this area not CFC.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (05-07-2016),Petulia  (04-07-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #12
    By Cathy69 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 13:30
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #11
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1056
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 15:32
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!