Closed Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I get what you're saying... I'd probably just pay it...but travel expenses are normally outlined from the outset. Unless she's going from somewhere like sandton to newlands then that would be exxy in a cab

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    PS I was really nervous after paying everything the first time around like wtf have I just done? What if this is a scam?! It gets easier once you're there and you won't remember the $50 x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby2mom did this to me too. There was no mention of it at the start and then they suddenly asked for it once the screening etc started. The reasoning was very flimsy in my case. What can you do?! You can't very well say no, as much as you may like to. Have they asked you to pay Baby2mom or the transport company?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was asked to pay 1600zar once we arrived for our donors trans as her transport was also out of action. It was annoying but there was not much i could do about it. At least you have been given notice i guess. This was through EDSA
    Im just after some advice from anyone in lubion- the other injectible form of progesterone. I take one in AM and one in PM. Im just wondering if anyone knows the difference in dose compared to gestone?
    Im sure the clinic gives us a dose that is quite similar but just looking for more info from you ladies ☺ thanks
    Last edited by ECM1981; 24-06-2016 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    I was asked to pay 1600zar once we arrived for our donors trans as her transport was also out of action. It was annoying but there was not much i could do about it. At least you have been given notice.
    Im just afyer some advice from anyone in lubion- the other injectible form of progesterone. I take one in AM and ine in PM. Im just wondering if anyone knows the difference in dose compared to gestone?
    Im sure the clinic gives us a dose that is quite similar but just looking for more info from you ladies ☺ thanks
    What agency @ECM1981 ? I have no experience with lubion sorry x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry emski just edited my post and added the agency EDSA. Even they were not happy with the cost but the donor lives 26kms away. At this point i just want a happy outcome so did not want to dwell on it too much. Wanted my donor there and for it to all go smoothly. But we are vunerable to them at this stage and through it all really. The clinic have been very good though and amongst all the chaos with nurses leaving have made us feel very calm and secure and are looking after both us and our donor well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-06-2016),Canuck1  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Baby2mom did this to me too. There was no mention of it at the start and then they suddenly asked for it once the screening etc started. The reasoning was very flimsy in my case. What can you do?! You can't very well say no, as much as you may like to. Have they asked you to pay Baby2mom or the transport company?
    What was the reason you were given? Just seems dodgy when the money I've paid should cover this in my opinion. She asked me to pay the agency but now I queried it she has said she'll wait to know when the appointment is as maybe the donors car will be fixed by then. I know it's not much but every cent is a mountain for me atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I feel like I am brand new to this thread but i was around a little while ago. Some of you will know me, but I think I will be new to most of you. Hello!

In a nutshell, numerous IVF attempts with my own eggs in Australia (I guess that's where I know the gals on here from IVF Over 40 thread) and I also did a couple of rounds with donor eggs here in Australia. All unsuccessful. We went to CFC in July 2013 and blow me down, success.....I was pregnant for the very first time at 48!!!! We had a boy.

My best laid plans to head back over for baby number 2 were thwarted when my partner was retrenched and has spent most of last year unemployed and all of this year....not a great financial 12 months for us. So he is employed full time and baby number 2 is back on the agenda.

I look forward to getting to know you all. I may not be able to hop on BH every night, as my partner works away in the mines, I work full time and a very active toddler. I crash of a night time!!!

So....I'm now 51 and have six embryos on ice and I sent an email to Cyndi this morning but see that her email address is no longer monitored and my email has been forwarded to Elaine. I guess I need to catch up on the news at CFC. Has Cyndi left? Is Dr Wiswedel still there?

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-06-2016),HB13  (25-06-2016),midnite01  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny15, welcome back

Dr W has taken a sabbatical for 6 months I believe and Cyndi has left unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsErinR

Wow...that is a shame. Do you know if his sabbatical has just commenced? I loved "working" with the both of them.

How are you?