Closed Thread
Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awesome news petulia. Hubbie must also have super swimmers. Fab result.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

I have had a very nerve racking couple of weeks with 3 lots of blood tests due to hcg being quite low and rising slowly from 150 to 700 (23 days post transfer) to 1690 today (28 days post transfer). My dr Waz was a bit concerned it was low, and potentially ectopic...however an ultrasound today showed a heartbeat (120 bpm) and a single fetal sac in the uterus. Bubs is measuring a few days behind though.

6 weeks + 4 days pregnant (woohoo! ) Relieved after a nervous start.

My CFC nurse was Heidi and I found her efficient and friendly.

Good luck to the others in 2ww or due for transfer!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (22-06-2016),babywish313  (17-06-2016),ECM1981  (18-06-2016),emski72  (18-06-2016),HB13  (18-06-2016),mardicharli  (18-06-2016),midnite01  (17-06-2016),Petulia  (18-06-2016),Tittle  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Seems I have a lot to go back and catch up on, so will do that to see where everyone is at.
    I've just received an email from CFC to say that Cyndi is no longer employed there and my new nurse is a Karin, who lucky for me works from home when I have my appointments at the clinic . So far I haven't been to worried about going to the Cape as Cyndi was great with everything making me feel at ease when Dr W went on leave and just touching base to see how I was going. Now it seems to be going to hell in a handbag with a nurse that's only there two days a week. Those of you that are there how are you finding dealing with the clinic??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babywish313 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Seems I have a lot to go back and catch up on, so will do that to see where everyone is at.
    I've just received an email from CFC to say that Cyndi is no longer employed there and my new nurse is a Karin, who lucky for me works from home when I have my appointments at the clinic . So far I haven't been to worried about going to the Cape as Cyndi was great with everything making me feel at ease when Dr W went on leave and just touching base to see how I was going. Now it seems to be going to hell in a handbag with a nurse that's only there two days a week. Those of you that are there how are you finding dealing with the clinic??
    Hi Babywish313

I don't think it will be a problem that your nurse works from home, our nurse was Heidi who works with Dr Heylen and at that time (Jan 2015) she didn't work full-time. We had no trouble getting emails answered in a timely fashion from either Heidi or Dr Heylen, Heidi was also not working any of the days that we attended the clinic. Our first appt was with Dr Heylen ony, the second appt we saw Elaine who showed us how to do the Gestone injections and then there was another nurse in the room at our embryo transfer. I think the nurses all cover for each other so there will always be somebody available to assist you. The important part to me was that I received answers to my questions both before I left and while I was there, I didn't care who the answer came from.

I found this no different to my experience with MIVF, it was very rare that I saw the same nurse twice for scans etc and every time I called I spoke to a different nurse.

I think you'll find that all the nurses at CFC are lovely and will be able to assist you through the procedure.

Good luck to you and everybody else on this exciting journey at the moment, I hope to be joining you all again in a few months.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

babywish313  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

Hi babywish313,

Dr LR was my doc this past Nov, and correspondingly Karin was his nurse that I dealt with primarily. She was efficient and very responsive, although I never sent any communication to her without also cc'ing Dr LR !

As it turns out the time we were at CFC Karin was away on vacation and Elaine was filling in for her. We found Elaine to be very easy and lovely to deal with, efficient and very helpful.

I think you're in good hands.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
    Xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I think none of the nurses work FT. They all cover for each other and overlap because of this. The most issues I had were before I came here and Jenny was my nurse. I've met Elaine who is lovely though botched her first attempt at my iv cannula - I get the strong feeling the ivf coordinators don't normally do any occasion this stuff. My coordinator is now Heidi who is lovely, very professional and efficient. I had some issues today with communication - turned out i wasn't receiving emails - and Heidi answered my emails from home and sorted it all out. She also emailed me later Thursday night to give me my egg collection results. Dr Heylen has also emailed me after hours. You'll feel better once you get here, I was a wreck before I did.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

babywish313  (18-06-2016),Caesardust  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    I have had a very nerve racking couple of weeks with 3 lots of blood tests due to hcg being quite low and rising slowly from 150 to 700 (23 days post transfer) to 1690 today (28 days post transfer). My dr Waz was a bit concerned it was low, and potentially ectopic...however an ultrasound today showed a heartbeat (120 bpm) and a single fetal sac in the uterus. Bubs is measuring a few days behind though.

6 weeks + 4 days pregnant (woohoo! ) Relieved after a nervous start.

My CFC nurse was Heidi and I found her efficient and friendly.

Good luck to the others in 2ww or due for transfer!
    Great news ☺👍🐣💃

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone,

Same as me. I've emailed Karin but no response yet although dr Le Roux replied within a day so the girls might be right in always ccing the FS in so you get an answer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Also something else I have been thinking about, does anyone know the rules and regs in shipping any remaining embryos back from CT to Australia? Is it possible and what would be required at this end? I'm thinking if it is allowed I would need to find a fertility clinic in Perth willing to receive them.
    I recall my FS in Australia saying that it would be possible to transfer them to Thailand. I never did and she has moved on to SYdney now so we dont see her...but she is awesome so if anyone wants a good FS in Sydney, PM me.

Also I had the best hairdresser in Capetown - Reds on main street in Green Point. He will make appointments by email so if anyone wants his contact details - he was great. Reasonably cheap....and you all know how important it is to look nice for transfer day ;P...not to mention my fear of dying my hair through first trimester 'just incase'............

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

babywish313  (18-06-2016),ECM1981  (18-06-2016),Petulia  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittle View Post

Also I had the best hairdresser in Capetown - Reds on main street in Green Point. He will make appointments by email so if anyone wants his contact details - he was great. Reasonably cheap....and you all know how important it is to look nice for transfer day ;P...not to mention my fear of dying my hair through first trimester 'just incase'............
    The guys below the Quadrant aren't bad either, though I just had my roots done. 😁

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post: