Closed Thread
Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Im sorry to hear of your bfn tittle. Thinking of you xx
    HB They arent really strenuous but the bumpiness of being in the 4x4 would worry me. We did our safari inbetween the egg collection and transfer day. We did a tour of the Cape of Good Hope after our transfer and the rough roads made me anxious and i couldnt relax. I know an embryo cant fall out but it was always in my mind.

Has anyone had touble getting through to Jenny from CFC? I have just emailed her and got a bounce back saying her email no longer in use and i got another ladies name- danelle. Anyone know whays going on?!
    Argh, god that Jenny. I had issues with her from day 1. Something weird is going on , she was my nurse but I have not seen her since I got here,actually much to my relief, and Elaine has been my nurse. I was too relieved and jetlagged to even ask why. I wonder if either she is on leave or actually has been let go - a lot of women on the forums have been complaining about her. I would email your doctor or doctor's PA to find out what the story is. Or you could Skype call, it's lunch time here.
    Last edited by Petulia; 14-06-2016 at 20:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've met Jenny in person, on my first fresh cycle and she was wonderful then. I did wonder whether some key staff would depart this year. I have a gut feeling 'stuff' is going on at CFC at the moment. All is not well.
    @ECM1981 C was your nurse previously wasn't she? Just let Danelle know you'd like C. Or just email C directly. You've had a hard enough time if it already.
    @Tittle I'm very very sorry for your negative result. I hope you can dust yourself off and pop over again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    I had my first appt today. Apparently my lining looks "beautiful" - good that I can get something right!- and our donor is showing 20 follicles. Tomorrow I have my second intralipids transfusion, Wednesday DH does his part and I start Gestone, and then Monday 20th is D-day!
    As a total aside, anyone have recommendations for supermarkets near the Quadrant? So far we've tried shoprite which is kind of gross and Woolworths which is lovely but super expensive and doesn't have much.
    I think there's a pick and pay in Claremont, it's a bit cheaper than Woolworths...it's in Cavendish Square
    Last edited by emski72; 14-06-2016 at 22:09.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems Jenny has left CFC. Thanks for the notice!! Argh. So i emailed Danelle and she seems quick to reply. Im hoping she is better with communication. I have let her know my concerns. Will see how the next few days play out. Has anyone met Danelle?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also something else I have been thinking about, does anyone know the rules and regs in shipping any remaining embryos back from CT to Australia? Is it possible and what would be required at this end? I'm thinking if it is allowed I would need to find a fertility clinic in Perth willing to receive them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

Hi sorry I have been offline and missed so much

We are in Cape Town now did a 5 day transfer of 2 embryos yesterday after much drama. Collected 10 eggs, 8 feritiluzed, 6 developed, had 5 at day 5, 2 good blastocyst to transfer and 3 a bit behind, waited an extra day but unfortunately none to freeze. Left some sperm frozen in case I need to return.

So I had Dr LeRoux, it was all a but clinical very quick, we had to ask for embryos cope early to book before we came and had to organise frozen sperm ourselves. Didn't even meet Elaine our nurse, communication was a bit weak felt very much like we had to do everything ourselves.

We stayed 5 nights at 204 the quadrant which is just great, so close and is cheap for a 2 bedroom apartment, travelling with our 6 year old daughter. Now at the V&A waterfront village in a gorgeous apartment. It is just much easier here lots of restaurants and you can safely walk anywhere.

Leaving tomorrow to go to Sun City to relax and do a safari before returning to Adelaide.

So it is lovely in Cape Town, very easy to get around using taxis very safe at the V&A waterfront. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone to come here for a donor cycle. Hoping this works as it has been SO emotional for us, much more than I expected.

Thank you all for your info and support. Good luck to all of you xxx
    Last edited by AdelMum; 14-06-2016 at 23:08.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AdelMum For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (15-06-2016),HB13  (15-06-2016),Minniemin  (01-09-2016),Offshorechick  (15-06-2016),Tittle  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdelMum View Post
    Hi sorry I have been offline and missed so much

We are in Cape Town now did a 5 day transfer of 2 embryos yesterday after much drama. Collected 10 eggs, 8 feritiluzed, 6 developed, had 5 at day 5, 2 good blastocyst to transfer and 3 a bit behind, waited an extra day but unfortunately none to freeze. Left some sperm frozen in case I need to return.

So I had Dr LeRoux, it was all a but clinical very quick, we had to ask for embryos cope early to book before we came and had to organise frozen sperm ourselves. Didn't even meet Elaine our nurse, communication was a bit weak felt very much like we had to do everything ourselves.

We stayed 5 nights at 204 the quadrant which is just great, so close and is cheap for a 2 bedroom apartment, travelling with our 6 year old daughter. Now at the V&A waterfront village in a gorgeous apartment. It is just much easier here lots of restaurants and you can safely walk anywhere.

Leaving tomorrow to go to Sun City to relax and do a safari before returning to Adelaide.

So it is lovely in Cape Town, very easy to get around using taxis very safe at the V&A waterfront. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone to come here for a donor cycle. Hoping this works as it has been SO emotional for us, much more than I expected.

Thank you all for your info and support. Good luck to all of you xxx
    We are in Quadrant 204!!! We got here Sunday ☺ it is definitely handy to be close to the clinic but if I had my time again I think I would stay closer to somewhere with more to do and be more able to walk around like v&a.

The communication at the clinic isn't great, I have hoping for much better than what I get in Australia. But all I really care about is that everything that needs to be done gets done and gets done well. Which was not the case with my iv drip this morning, ouch! I think the doctor 's nurses are more like PA's because this morning Elaine was putting my cannula in and she had no idea what she was doing. Put it in wrong and my vein swelled up and had to do it again. The 'real' nurse, in scrubs, had to come over and show her what to do. Elaine was complaining that "usually all of this is done" and they don't have to do it.

There is definitely 'stuff' going down there behind the scenes and it's quite clear to see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Also something else I have been thinking about, does anyone know the rules and regs in shipping any remaining embryos back from CT to Australia? Is it possible and what would be required at this end? I'm thinking if it is allowed I would need to find a fertility clinic in Perth willing to receive them.
    I don't think it is possible to ship embryos back as the eggs donor was not known to you. Australian requirement is for de and sperm to not be anonymous. I think Waz said that I could not ship frosties back from CFC. You could ship to somewhere in Asia and then transfer there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (15-06-2016),ECM1981  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Petulia;8502617

The communication at the clinic isn't great,

There is definitely 'stuff' going down there behind the scenes and it's quite clear to see.[/QUOTE]

And so now I am on to my third nurse.... got an email this afternoon that Heidi will be my coordinator going forward. Stranger and stranger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd say J has been sacked...perhaps due to negative feedback on here at at the clinic. They are trying to find a replacement and in the meantime juggling clients with the nurses they have.
    Happens in every work place...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (15-06-2016)