Closed Thread
Page 36 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How many eggs is a good number to expect from the donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Offshorechick that's a hard one to answer...they don't stim the donors too hard compared to places like the US...I got 12 eggs from my first donor and I think that's about average for SA. Some get really lucky and get 20+ but I think that's the exception to the rule.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (02-06-2016),Offshorechick  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    @Offshorechick that's a hard one to answer...they don't stim the donors too hard compared to places like the US...I got 12 eggs from my first donor and I think that's about average for SA. Some get really lucky and get 20+ but I think that's the exception to the rule.
    Since I posted I got more info - 14 eggs resulted in just 1 embryo and no frosties. So now I need to make a new plan. Not sure what to do. Looking at other donor agencies. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel everything for next month. I'm trying to find if there are other donors available for the same time. Don't like my chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm confused @Offshorechick ...is this the donor you've already chosen? Is she cycling for someone else at the moment?
    With those results I'd be looking at another donor yes... check with all agencies too, hoping they have someone who is suitable for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I'm confused @Offshorechick ...is this the donor you've already chosen? Is she cycling for someone else at the moment?
    With those results I'd be looking at another donor yes... check with all agencies too, hoping they have someone who is suitable for you x
    Yes we had her confirmed months ago. I even received an interim treatment plan. About a week later I received an email saying that she was donating for someone else before me. They reassured me that it didn't affect my dates. Only that I had to wait to the end of May for her scans. I was nervous about it but was happy in a sense that I would get an idea of how she would respond to the treatment. I should have prepared a back-up plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ahh ok, well although it's distressing it's far better you know before heading over there and I think you will find someone else in time, they will do their best to find someone who can work with your dates. Make sure you look at edsa donors as well as other agencies. Hopefully your perfect donor is out there. Thinking of you love, it's very stressful!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (01-06-2016),Rhino  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Officially PUPO now.......transfer occurred about 2 hours ago. Fingers crossed.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (02-06-2016),Caesardust  (02-06-2016),Jennski  (08-06-2016),JulieMalooley  (05-06-2016),mardicharli  (04-06-2016),Miss Sagi  (03-06-2016),Petulia  (02-06-2016),Rhino  (06-06-2016),Rubywoohoo  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    EDSA was where she came through. Looking at others now. Any suggestions other than Gift ov Life and Nurture?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Offshorechick:

Our first donor experience was with Gift ov Life and it was not good. I know many have had success with them, but we felt they lost all interest after having being paid, and while not entirely their fault, our donor's eggs turned out to be worse than my own ...!!!

Our second attempt was with Baby2mom and Jenny was delightful to work with. She was super attentive all the way through the process, including much follow-up once we returned home to Canada. We also became more knowledgeable by the second attempt and were then only interested in considering donors who had children themselves AND had successfully donated. We had CFC confirm our donor's previous success as well, to reinforce the result, which in our case was a twin embryo pregnancy, six months prior to our own experience.

I'm almost 31wks, pregnant with twin boys, so our donor more than came through for us, plus we have 7 embies on ice still at CFC.

And then for what it's worth, our doc was LeRoux and I can't say enough awesome things about him too!!!

Best of luck to you!
    Xoxo

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (01-09-2016),Offshorechick  (02-06-2016),Rhino  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cjocoh71 View Post
    @Offshorechick:

Our first donor experience was with Gift ov Life and it was not good. I know many have had success with them, but we felt they lost all interest after having being paid, and while not entirely their fault, our donor's eggs turned out to be worse than my own ...!!!

Our second attempt was with Baby2mom and Jenny was delightful to work with. She was super attentive all the way through the process, including much follow-up once we returned home to Canada. We also became more knowledgeable by the second attempt and were then only interested in considering donors who had children themselves AND had successfully donated. We had CFC confirm our donor's previous success as well, to reinforce the result, which in our case was a twin embryo pregnancy, six months prior to our own experience.

I'm almost 31wks, pregnant with twin boys, so our donor more than came through for us, plus we have 7 embies on ice still at CFC.

And then for what it's worth, our doc was LeRoux and I can't say enough awesome things about him too!!!

Best of luck to you!
    Xoxo
    Just received some info from Jenny at Baby2mom. I'll see if the donor I prefer is available. No children of her own but has had a pregnancy as a result from a previous donation. As Dr Matebese will be on a conference I'll be with Dr LeRoux also. Thankyou for your message. Feeling a little more positive now.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (03-06-2016),Rhino  (06-06-2016)