Closed Thread
Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    CFC sounds like a popular choice. Do they also have known donors? Thanks
    All egg donors are anonymous in South Africa. I asked the councillor about this.. Think she said there were exceptions.. But you had to be a resident of SA. More councilling was required also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going @Rubywoohoo?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the process of waiting for my donors scan and in the meantime I asked CFC what I need to be doing to get myself ready. My first instruction is to wait for my period to indicate that I need to start taking the Pill. Problem is my period is very unpredictable. Yes, I've peed on a stick. No, not pregnant. I fly back to work tomorrow and when I get back was hoping that we'd be getting ready to fly to CFC at the end of June. Does anyone know if a person has to have a regular period to get themselves in sync with the donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Offshorechick I can't take the pill and have very irregular periods...if worse come to worse sometimes they will ask for a blood test to see if you have ovulated, if you haven't they will start you on the down reg drugs...if you have AF won't be far away or there is always provera as a last resort that brings on AF within 5-7 days. Do you have a FS here you're working with? Maybe ask for some baseline bloods E2, P4, and TSH to see where your hormones are at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    I'm in the process of waiting for my donors scan and in the meantime I asked CFC what I need to be doing to get myself ready. My first instruction is to wait for my period to indicate that I need to start taking the Pill. Problem is my period is very unpredictable. Yes, I've peed on a stick. No, not pregnant. I fly back to work tomorrow and when I get back was hoping that we'd be getting ready to fly to CFC at the end of June. Does anyone know if a person has to have a regular period to get themselves in sync with the donor?
    No, I think that's why they use the pill so they can sync the donor's cycle up with yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    No, I think that's why they use the pill so they can sync the donor's cycle up with yours.
    My instructions were based on taking the Pill on the first day of my period. Jenny told me to go do another bunch of tests. Unfortunately I work away from home and being told the day before I fly out to go get tests done made me panic. Thankfully this mornings instruction was simple. Started The Pill. Easy. Now I can await further instructions. Breathing better again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My instructions were based on taking the Pill on the first day of my period. Jenny told me to go do another bunch of tests. Unfortunately I work away from home and being told the day before I fly out to go get tests done made me panic. Thankfully this mornings instruction was simple. Started The Pill. Easy. Now I can await further instructions. Breathing better again.
    It's not easy is it? Rollercoaster.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    It's not easy is it? Rollercoaster.
    That's putting it mildly! I know my FIFO work doesn't make it easy but I'm trying my best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Offshorechick

I told CFC that my periods were irregular and that also I may be experiencing premenopause. They suggested that I start the pill on the date that my donor is undergoing screening, so hopefully it will synchronize with her cycle as well. CFC gave me provisional date of mid July. All the best though with your cycle and journey.

Me: 45 yrs, Hb 44yrs
    9IVF cycles- no pregnancy
    Heading to South Africa for the first time to try egg donor

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinos77 View Post
    Hi Offshorechick

I told CFC that my periods were irregular and that also I may be experiencing premenopause. They suggested that I start the pill on the date that my donor is undergoing screening, so hopefully it will synchronize with her cycle as well. CFC gave me provisional date of mid July. All the best though with your cycle and journey.

Me: 45 yrs, Hb 44yrs
    9IVF cycles- no pregnancy
    Heading to South Africa for the first time to try egg donor
    Thankyou and good luck to you as well. Our dates are tentative but looking at 1st of July at this stage.