Closed Thread
Page 34 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1061
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked
    162
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    CFC sounds like a popular choice. Do they also have known donors? Thanks
    All egg donors are anonymous in South Africa. I asked the councillor about this.. Think she said there were exceptions.. But you had to be a resident of SA. More councilling was required also.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    How are you going @Rubywoohoo?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (31-05-2016)

  4. #333
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    I'm in the process of waiting for my donors scan and in the meantime I asked CFC what I need to be doing to get myself ready. My first instruction is to wait for my period to indicate that I need to start taking the Pill. Problem is my period is very unpredictable. Yes, I've peed on a stick. No, not pregnant. I fly back to work tomorrow and when I get back was hoping that we'd be getting ready to fly to CFC at the end of June. Does anyone know if a person has to have a regular period to get themselves in sync with the donor?

  5. #334
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,603
    Thanks
    1,312
    Thanked
    5,566
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Offshorechick I can't take the pill and have very irregular periods...if worse come to worse sometimes they will ask for a blood test to see if you have ovulated, if you haven't they will start you on the down reg drugs...if you have AF won't be far away or there is always provera as a last resort that brings on AF within 5-7 days. Do you have a FS here you're working with? Maybe ask for some baseline bloods E2, P4, and TSH to see where your hormones are at.

  6. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    I'm in the process of waiting for my donors scan and in the meantime I asked CFC what I need to be doing to get myself ready. My first instruction is to wait for my period to indicate that I need to start taking the Pill. Problem is my period is very unpredictable. Yes, I've peed on a stick. No, not pregnant. I fly back to work tomorrow and when I get back was hoping that we'd be getting ready to fly to CFC at the end of June. Does anyone know if a person has to have a regular period to get themselves in sync with the donor?
    No, I think that's why they use the pill so they can sync the donor's cycle up with yours.

  7. #336
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    No, I think that's why they use the pill so they can sync the donor's cycle up with yours.
    My instructions were based on taking the Pill on the first day of my period. Jenny told me to go do another bunch of tests. Unfortunately I work away from home and being told the day before I fly out to go get tests done made me panic. Thankfully this mornings instruction was simple. Started The Pill. Easy. Now I can await further instructions. Breathing better again.

  8. #337
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    My instructions were based on taking the Pill on the first day of my period. Jenny told me to go do another bunch of tests. Unfortunately I work away from home and being told the day before I fly out to go get tests done made me panic. Thankfully this mornings instruction was simple. Started The Pill. Easy. Now I can await further instructions. Breathing better again.
    It's not easy is it? Rollercoaster.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

    Offshorechick  (31-05-2016)

  10. #338
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    It's not easy is it? Rollercoaster.
    That's putting it mildly! I know my FIFO work doesn't make it easy but I'm trying my best.

  11. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    I'm in the process of waiting for my donors scan and in the meantime I asked CFC what I need to be doing to get myself ready. My first instruction is to wait for my period to indicate that I need to start taking the Pill. Problem is my period is very unpredictable. Yes, I've peed on a stick. No, not pregnant. I fly back to work tomorrow and when I get back was hoping that we'd be getting ready to fly to CFC at the end of June. Does anyone know if a person has to have a regular period to get themselves in sync with the donor?
    Hi Offshorechick

    I told CFC that my periods were irregular and that also I may be experiencing premenopause. They suggested that I start the pill on the date that my donor is undergoing screening, so hopefully it will synchronize with her cycle as well. CFC gave me provisional date of mid July. All the best though with your cycle and journey.
    ___________________________________________

    Me: 45 yrs, Hb 44yrs
    9IVF cycles- no pregnancy
    Heading to South Africa for the first time to try egg donor

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

    Offshorechick  (31-05-2016)

  13. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinos77 View Post
    Hi Offshorechick

    I told CFC that my periods were irregular and that also I may be experiencing premenopause. They suggested that I start the pill on the date that my donor is undergoing screening, so hopefully it will synchronize with her cycle as well. CFC gave me provisional date of mid July. All the best though with your cycle and journey.
    ___________________________________________

    Me: 45 yrs, Hb 44yrs
    9IVF cycles- no pregnancy
    Heading to South Africa for the first time to try egg donor
    Thankyou and good luck to you as well. Our dates are tentative but looking at 1st of July at this stage.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #12
    By Cathy69 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 13:30
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #11
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1060
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 15:32
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 991
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!