Closed Thread
Page 33 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    Congratulations MamaKes on your pregnancy, that is wonderful news. Thank you also for taking the time to respond to my post. Dumb question now, how do you PM?
    You need 10 posts first ...just say a few lines in here to get you post count up. Then click on the person's name you want to message and there should be a 'send author a message' option
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Hi,

I think, not 100% sure, but everyone on this thread has gone directly to South Africa for the donor process and has not done it through the known egg donors which brings south african donors to brisbane for transfer. It's a totally different process and as I understand (I actually called QLD IVF when I read about the program) it's not run by the clinic at all and they didn't sound very thrilled when I called them to ask about it. You're probably better to search in the forums for a thread specific to that program and maybe also call the clinic coorodinator.
    I think Gen72 also did known donors

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (28-05-2016),Petulia  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    You need 10 posts first ...just say a few lines in here to get you post count up. Then click on the person's name you want to message and there should be a 'send author a message' option
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    CFC sounds like a popular choice. Do they also have known donors? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are at least 3 women on here that have done the known donors in Qld.
    If you go back to the posts end Feb/March you'll find them with some great insight as to how it works and what their experience was like...(very positive)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (28-05-2016),Petulia  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Hi everyone -- so the clinic has contacted me to say that the donor wants to move our dates again (we already moved them to accommodate Dr Matebese's conference in July). Apparently, a week after I booked everything, the donor has a new job and needs to attend a conference that falls right across our treatment dates.

I'm furious. Changing the dates will cost us more than $1,000 in cancellation / booking change fees (flights, accommodation, car etc).

The other option the clinic and agency have presented is that we should try to find, screen etc a new donor with a month to go until the cycle starts. This doesn't seem very feasible to me.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? I seem to recall someone in this thread had this happen a while ago.
    Hi
    It's been a while since I've been in here but I too had this experience.

After picking a donor and going through the testing process we (and our donor) found out she wasn't a candidate for ED as she had her own (significant) fertility issues to deal with. It was a terrible situation to be in and we felt awful that our donor had to find out in such a way of her own fertility limitation.
    We worked with our agency (Sunshine) and still managed to get everything organised and a new donor tested and ready to go in time (under 4 weeks ). In fact they were fantastic in making sure we were well informed throughout the process.

I think it all comes down to a few things though:
    A) how strict your selection criteria is (or more so how flexible you are to your criteria)
    B) how quickly you can find a suitable donor that your happy with
    C) if they are available.

We were lucky that our new donor was available in such a short time frame, as ultimately they are women just like us, with lives, commitments etc just trying to help us.

Unfortunately for us that time wasn't our 'golden egg' and resulted in a BFN despite good blasts.

We did however go on to do a return trip with a new donor (again with sunshine) which resulted in our precious twins, who are our life's light and worth every delay and frustration we went through to get them.

It's easy in hindsight, I know, but these babies were destined for us ...
    Last edited by Blinky76; 29-05-2016 at 05:40.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (01-09-2016),Rhino  (01-06-2016),Rubywoohoo  (28-05-2016),smurf09  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to those ladies who had used the known donors approach and @smurf09, I had no idea
    The woman I spoke to through QLD ivf was so offputting when I called she made it sound really dodgy. She didn't even really give me any advice on who to speak to. She was quite ****ed off with all of the media coverage. I couldn't get my head around why. Now I know it's probably because it was taking business from them! @smurf09, the limit of the known donor aspect in south africa is you get to see a profile and baby/child photos of the donors. At the moment it's against the law there for them to be known.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

smurf09  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    There are at least 3 women on here that have done the known donors in Qld.
    If you go back to the posts end Feb/March you'll find them with some great insight as to how it works and what their experience was like...(very positive)

Great, thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries, thank you for sharing your story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I think Gen72 also did known donors
    There's about 4 of us but yes Gen72 and myself are the most active.