Closed Thread
Page 32 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Update from me: Kim from Nurture moved quickly, and found me 4 more suggested donors, all proven and ready to go. Unfortunately one had a family history of thyroid problems, two were strawberry blondes with freckles (I have very dark brown hair and pale skin), and the remaining one wanted to donate to married couples only.

We've decided to suck it up, absorb the change of booking costs, ask them to find some mutually convenient alternative dates with the original donor, and also to confirm that she is committed to the process.

Looking at the positive side, it will give me a bit longer to lose that 5kgs and optimise my health...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (27-05-2016),Petulia  (27-05-2016),Tahli  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh @Rubywoohoo it's annoying but you have to go with your gut. Hopefully no more setbacks for you x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Rubywoohoo Would an ED through CFC (eggdonorssouthafrica) with Kinny or Kimenthra be an option? xx
    PS: I've always found Kim beautiful to communicate with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @ferngirl she is beautiful xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There

I have just received an email from Known Egg Donors outlining the process for using there service. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with, and apologise if they have been asked and answered previously.

1. Because the donor is not Australian, does Medicare cover any of the egg donor IVF costs? How much would we be out of pocket to Queensland IVF?

2. What was your experience with Known Egg Donors like.

Many thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smurf09 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    Hi There

I have just received an email from Known Egg Donors outlining the process for using there service. I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with, and apologise if they have been asked and answered previously.

1. Because the donor is not Australian, does Medicare cover any of the egg donor IVF costs? How much would we be out of pocket to Queensland IVF?

Many thanks
    Hi,

I think, not 100% sure, but everyone on this thread has gone directly to South Africa for the donor process and has not done it through the known egg donors which brings south african donors to brisbane for transfer. It's a totally different process and as I understand (I actually called QLD IVF when I read about the program) it's not run by the clinic at all and they didn't sound very thrilled when I called them to ask about it. You're probably better to search in the forums for a thread specific to that program and maybe also call the clinic coorodinator.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf09 View Post
    Hi There

Many thanks
    @smurf09 Known Egg Donors runs their program with QFG Brisbane and via my FS the wonderful and renowned Wazza. I'm 8 weeks preg from my first go with donor eggs and this program. To my knowledge there's no link whatsoever with Queensland IVf so I'm not surprised their reaction wasn't what you expected. There's many companies with their noses out of joint because of this new initiative including here and in SA too, so Wazza tells me directly.
    1. Yes no Medicare rebate on any costs except your transfer, I can list costs approx for you if you PM me. 2. Experience with KED is varied due to a few of us on here being in the second only group of intended parents to go through. There was a bit of ill informed media before our donors arrived too and 2 small delays which added a bit of anxiousness to the process but I'm assured it's ironed out now. All together the pros of the program is a known donor (if that's what you prefer) available to donate to you without finding one via Australian forums or friend/family and not having to travel overseas for treatment. I've got 2 young sons and DH and struggled to get our heads around leaving them. Another pro is the friendship and relationship we developed with our donor before and after she arrived, and since she's gone home. I got to know her and her family which was comforting Our boys love their new overseas Aunty! Saying that, as many of women have said on here, once those eggs are collected they feel like ours entirely, despite our relationship with the donor, as does this little bean I'm growing. KED success rates are pretty good so far too, as I'm told, and any Frozen embies are here in Brisbane for next tries if needed.

Cons.... The cost. The cost. The cost. It's double one trip to SA. But I factored in possible return trips for FETs and lost wages for DH and I, less stress around care for our sons and came out even. I'd do it again in a heartbeat but it's not for everyone and if I didn't mind not having a known donor I would definitely go for CFC like all the wonderful ladies on this forum did or are planning to do. All the best with your decision.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (01-09-2016),Petulia  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Oh @Rubywoohoo it's annoying but you have to go with your gut. Hopefully no more setbacks for you x
    Right on @emski72. All of us on this journey know about setbacks -- the massive ups and downs, and deciding to keep picking yourself up and keep going. I actually think I've acquired tons of determination and resilience out of the extended infertility IVF thing. When I was younger I had no idea anything could be so chronically difficult (except maybe autoimmune disease, which I also have).
    Last edited by Rubywoohoo; 27-05-2016 at 21:30.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

emski72  (27-05-2016),Tahli  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Rubywoohoo Would an ED through CFC (eggdonorssouthafrica) with Kinny or Kimenthra be an option? xx
    PS: I've always found Kim beautiful to communicate with.
    Yes, I agree that Kim is lovely, and supportive, and she always replies promptly. I had a look at all the current donors on the site last night and given my criteria she sent me the closest matches.

I'm about to look at eggdonationsouthafrica's site again. I haven't checked out their donors since I first started looking. Ta!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations MamaKes on your pregnancy, that is wonderful news. Thank you also for taking the time to respond to my post. Dumb question now, how do you PM?
    Last edited by smurf09; 27-05-2016 at 21:45.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to smurf09 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (28-05-2016)