Closed Thread
Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. My head is in a spon at the moment while i try not to freak out. I rang the clinic just then but of course J was not available. Im with Dr Metebese. Im just trying to keep my cool and hope this all doesnt turn to sh!t. I dont know why they have kept the donor screen delayed. She should be able to do it now, im assuming its bloods and scans, but they have her booked in for the 1st June. We arrive 21st June!!! This is too close for my liking. Is she going to have enough time to start her meds. She only just did a donation in April so nothing should have changed. I have emailed EDSA to ask her to move the screen forward. @Tahli i think im losing my mind slowly. This was supposed to be our time, why are the wheels slowly falling off?! When will you head back, if at all? I agree im envious of the greece girls. This cycle has certainly been stressful. I hate all this waiting and uncertainty especially when i have been planning it for months and doing all the extra meds and procedures at my end.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (24-05-2016),Tahli  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    On another note, I've read a bit about people being recommended to have clexane for the flights. Is that for both or just on way back? Also, is it usually recommended for everyone or just those with immune issues?
    Clexane is recommended if on estrogen because estrogen can increase risk of clots i think. I would take it on both flights.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

HB13  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I'm being honest @ECM1981 that timeline seems awfully bl**dy tight with no room for error or delays. I think you're well within your rights to know her exact proposed timeline. It's not like this is your first time (no offence intended to the girls who are doing their 1st fresh round). You know what needs to happen and when.
    I do have to wonder if they lose interest in us a bit when we have to do a second fresh cycle, or multiple transfers. We don't fit neatly into their success rates by the third transfer...but we're still paying a shed load of money to them.
    I'm not heading back in a hurry. CFC haven't contributed to making it smooth for me. I lost an easy $1.5k on my cancelled cycle, with my 6.4mm lining. I packed up all my IVF meds on the weekend, so liberating, and bought a puppy instead!
    I can't wait to hear how @JulieMalooley went delivering her DD and DS today though!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016),Rhino  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely we dont want to put other women off the experience. @Tahli and i are unfortunately in the wrong statistic box! Dont forget there are plenty of successes- im just venting because this has been a very stressful cycle in planning and i guess im at that point where im just about to have a nervous breakdown. @Tahli i feel happy for you having the liberating experience of clearing out your neds cupboard and i mean that in a nice way. It must be a weight lifted off your shoulders not not think about ivf, lining, injections etc and think about your puppy instead. I know it will be a rollercoaster of emotions still for you but im proud of you and want you to know that you're are strong wonderful person who has been such a great support to me and many others!!
    I just got an email from J outlining my treatment plan and dates so i feel a bit more at ease at least for the time being. We dont have our donors screen results but she only just finished a donation so i feel ok about that.
    I too cant wait to hear of the safe arrival of @JulieMalooley little son and daughter. Xxx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (25-05-2016),Tahli  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 this is my first DE cycle and experience with CFC and I haven't found it great to date so far unfortunately, have had to learn to be very patient and tolerant which is hard to do with something so important. I originally had DR M and transferred because I didn't like her or her nurse LRs response rate - pretty poor - but primarily switched because of LR. I switched to Dr H. Unfortunately, believe it or not, he's decided that JR should stay my nurse. My luck. It sucks. He told me in a rather patronising way that "she's a very good nurse". Granted, her response rate has improved since I CC him in everything. He initially was great at responding and then clearly became disinterested, or annoyed, or both! He also rather patronisingly told me that he doesn't favour pred as there's no evidence it's effective and some other rubbish. Well I will be taking it because as my doctor told me, it's not harmful and can help.
    I felt the same way about timelines and wondered how on earth it would work. We're due in on June 13 and our donor was only cleared on Friday. LATE Friday we got the all clear and our treatment plan. I'm pretty unimpressed with the organisation and attitude so far given how much money we are laying out. Too much like the lackadaisical blase attitude I've had here in Aus. Too much of me running around doing all of the work and having to find out things from forums like this (godsend) when I shouldn't have to pay. It makes it sooo difficult to trust in the 'professionals' and the process. I decided on Sth Africa because of the ability to choose the donor but also because of the reputation. Not sure I would make the same decision again. I have my fingers crossed I've be doing enough on my end and all they have to do is a bloody good transfer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. I'm not planning a sa cycle just yet but the comments suggest Greece might be a better option. What's the price difference?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi petulia, im sorry you are having a hard time for your first experience. I was lucky that our first donor cycle was pretty well organised so it took a lot of stress out. Different story this time. Its annoying for me because I requested Dr M! She did my 2nd transfer and i really liked her approach. Caring kind etc. I didnt feel like Dr W was listening to me or taking my case seriously so i requested a swap, it seems to have backfired! Its really unfair for you and I and lots of other women that we have do so much groundwork! Your right though, you just need your Dr to do a great transfer. You have done your part in organising your body and yiu have a great new donor so i hope once you land in SA all the troubles melt away and you have a wonderful experience. Cape Town is beautiful and hopefully we get a few sunny days. We were there this time last year and we didnt get any rain but the wind had a chill! Hope you get a BFP!! X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hi ladies. I'm not planning a sa cycle just yet but the comments suggest Greece might be a better option. What's the price difference?
    Hi Caesar, i havent looked into Greeces prices too much but talking to another girl a while back she said there wasnt too much difference. I guess one difference is the distance to travel. SA is an easy flight for me from perth so that helped with going over for transfers, i could do it in 5 days- some ladies from over east even did over a long weekend. I think the greek clinics may be a little bit more advanced in their procedures and also have more standards for initial testing of donors such as testing for Cystic Fibrosis and other genetic diseases routinely. This is info i got from a fellow BubHuber, i didnt email any greece agencies. I would say just do a lot of emailing to clinics and also stalk the bubhub threads to help your decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its pretty standard that you only receive the green light 2 to 3 weeks before you need to be there. I think its to do with DE's cycle for testing and if they're off the back of a previous cycle it gets closer.
    I understand the impatience as I had to wait for confirmation too, but once you have it and you book your flights and accom, all that stress is gone 😊
    Like CFC, most FSs in Aus don't believe in immune issues either, thats why you have to find one here that does or a reproductive immunoligist and then you can fit that plan into your CFC plan.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (25-05-2016),Petulia  (25-05-2016),Tahli  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warren De Ambrosis has me on 60 clexane from early on in my cycle when travelling to SA. Last time when travelling to QLd he had me on 40 clexane. For my successful cycle he had me on it till 11 weeks pregnant.