Closed Thread
Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ JulieMalooley how are you going? Are bubs close? Looking forward to your birth announcement

Advice please- I am getting extremely PO at cfc for their lack of organisation. We are flying out in 4 weeks and my donor has only just gone for her screen. Her results wont be in for 7-10 days. We have waited a long time for this cycle and donor and have paid extra for further testing that we needed so its been in the pipeline for months. I feel like I am doing all the hard work and organising, following things up etc, basically what my nurse should be doing. We did not have this problem with our first donor and nurse. Is 4 weeks enough time to get my donor started on her meds and ready to go for us once we get her screen results?? Do I need to ring my nurse and give her a WTF?! Im not impressed and if I did not know what i was doing due to unfortunately having done this so many blo0dy times im sure i would be worse off for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think it's pretty standard. I'm always stressing about booking flights etc. I only ever get my treatment plan about 2-3 weeks before leaving and I've only had my donors screened just before that, I guess they need to screen them close to the time they are cycling because what if they contract HIV 3 months before but have already been screened? I paid for extra tests last time too and remember getting really frustrated at waiting for the results to come back ... we ended up booking flights about 2 weeks before going. I think it's just one of those things ...the screening needs to be very current.

Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @ JulieMalooley how are you going? Are bubs close? Looking forward to your birth announcement

Advice please- I am getting extremely PO at cfc for their lack of organisation. We are flying out in 4 weeks and my donor has only just gone for her screen. Her results wont be in for 7-10 days. We have waited a long time for this cycle and donor and have paid extra for further testing that we needed so its been in the pipeline for months. I feel like I am doing all the hard work and organising, following things up etc, basically what my nurse should be doing. We did not have this problem with our first donor and nurse. Is 4 weeks enough time to get my donor started on her meds and ready to go for us once we get her screen results?? Do I need to ring my nurse and give her a WTF?! Im not impressed and if I did not know what i was doing due to unfortunately having done this so many blo0dy times im sure i would be worse off for it.
    Last edited by emski72; 24-05-2016 at 12:48.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016),Rhino  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @emski. Yeah im having feelings like they have completely forgotten about me. Its crap considering the amount of money we have paid and are paying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which nurse do you have @ECM1981?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    MTHFR - Folinic acid (1000mcg), Vit E (1000IU for implantation), 2500mcg B12 chewable, Vit C (3000mcg) power, Fish Oil.

Immune - baby aspirin, 15mg Prednisone 15mg a day starting 10 days prior to transfer. Clexane for flights only.
    AdelMum, who is your immune person? That's a lot of folinic acid, where did you get one with such high strength?

[/QUOTE]

I am seeing a nutritionist and I get some of my vitamins (like Folinic Acid) from her www.perfectlynatural.com.au in Adelaide and I have 500mg Folinic acid tablets and I take 2 a day. I dont have an immune person as such just workinging with my Repromed Dr and she is great and we work together and if I want to try something she is pretty open to it as I have tried almost everything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdelMum For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Which nurse do you have @ECM1981?
    I have JL. But wish i had of stayed with C. She is much more organised and keeps you up to date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which FS are you now with @ECM1981? As you know, I switched to Dr LR but asked C if she'd remain my FN and she has, thank god. Can you email C and ask to switch back to her. Also I'd definitely call your FN directly. I'm thoroughly peed off with CFC since Dr W left/is on a break. Nothing's working properly or like it used to! I envy the Greek girls massively. Considering where your ED has come from they should be more on top of things. I can hear your frustration and understand.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Dr H at CFC.. His nurse is Heidi.. I found her very good in replying., often getting emails from her at midnight SA time or even from Dr H on the weekend. Dr H was also very supportive of Wazzas protocol with us chatting about it and him for a while after my recent transfer. I would definitely recommend Dr H and his nurse Heidi. I did meet Dr LR last time as he did my transfer the first time, he seemed nice but didn't talk to him extensively. Sorry that other ladies are having troubles in the communication department.

As I have had cycles cancelled in the past, I only chose to book all my flights and accomodation after my Day 10 lining scan on Friday and bloods were ok. It was a rush., but organised it all that evening and left for CT on Monday night for my Thursday transfer. I flew via Singapore on Singapore airlines and was a very comfortable trip. I know you to plan as long ahead as you can.. But sometimes it is better to do at the last moment .. Just incase dates change. I used sky scanner .net to book my flights. Trivago or hotels.combined for comparing hotel prices.

Good luck to those planning yr upcoming trips.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (24-05-2016),emski72  (24-05-2016),HB13  (24-05-2016),Rhino  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 and @Tahli. It is really frustrating that the organization and communication has been slack, particularly as you are paying so much money and this is a huge part of their job.
    Hoping everything runs smoothly from now on for you both.
    I'm with Dr LR and FN Elaine and so far have had great communication and have had everything organised 6 weeks before I was due to be there. However, there are no additional tests of other issues (hopefully) needing liaison with other FS back home, so might be because it's pretty straightforward.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On another note, I've read a bit about people being recommended to have clexane for the flights. Is that for both or just on way back? Also, is it usually recommended for everyone or just those with immune issues?