Closed Thread
Page 21 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli I can't understand why the scans are not covered by Medicare or phi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats good to know ive just hot the std referrals for ultrasound.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Private lining scans and Medicare, girls. At the start of this year Medicare changes came into effect where you can't claim on private lining scans anymore. That's what my scanning clinic has been telling me for the last 5 months. Last week I had my scan done at a different clinic and they said when they try and claim for us it says there's no rebate but apparently some ladies have had success getting a rebate if they lodge their receipts personally. So I've given it a go and am waiting to see if a rebate lands in my bank account. Has any-one else managed a rebate for the private lining scans?
    I didn't pay a thing for mine! I just made the appointment, walked in, waited 5 minutes and then went in. They did dildo-cam and ultrasound for me to make sure it was accurate. Walked out to waiting room, waited for my envelope and then walked out and scanned the results to CFC. Done and dusted. The only weird thing about it was that a guy did it for me, so a girl came in and sat there to make sure everything was above board. I guess dildo-cam can leave some male sonographers open to complaints. That's only time I've ever had a male sonographer, come to think of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Hi all, I've started researching accommodation and tourist things to do in Cape Town but finding accomm very overwhelming, and hard to get accurate pricing and details unless you email them.
    We've got a 3 year old (lucky enough to be conceived after 6 ICSI cycles) that will be coming with us so want a 2 bedroom apartment. Has anyone got any recommendations for something near the waterfront or other local areas?

Also, if anyone has had a child go with them to the game parks, how do they check the ages? The one we are looking into says children under 4 can't go on the game tours, but my daughter is very tall and often passes for 4 or 5 so was wondering if I could cheat a bit! But not if they check passports.
    Thanks in advance :-)
    Hi HB13
    I stayed in a beautiful 2 bed apartment with my own private inground pool. It was in the De Waterkant area which overlooks the V&A. It was next door to a gorgeous little cafe and down the road was the awesome outdoor cape quarter shopping center full of restaurants, cafes and shops.
    you can book through www.dewaterkantcottages.com
    i can't recommend enough. They are a company that rent out privately owned apartments. The area is safe and is a quaint little village. It's only a 3 minute taxi/uber ride to the V & A. They have a mix of 2-4 bed apartments and we LOVED our stay. We stayed in 42 Napier street with the main office next door and we had water views!
    We only paid $900 for our entire stay. There are still some deals due to nearby construction but we hardly heard anything!

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (17-05-2016),Aquinos77  (18-05-2016),Caesardust  (17-05-2016),ECM1981  (17-05-2016),HB13  (17-05-2016),JulieMalooley  (17-05-2016),Offshorechick  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli so sorry xxx

Protocols:
    - Fertility Diet (as per nutrionalist guidelines as well as her MTHFR protocol)
    - Weekly Accupuncture

MTHFR - Folinic acid (1000mcg), Vit E (1000IU for implantation), 2500mcg B12 chewable, Vit C (3000mcg) power, Fish Oil.

Immune - baby aspirin, 15mg Prednisone 15mg a day starting 10 days prior to transfer. Clexane for flights only.

CFC - Lucrin daily injection. Progynova starting 23 days prior to transfer

Arrive in cape Town - 5 Jun
    1st appt - 6 Jun
    Accupunture - Sarah Hewland in Cape Town
    5 day transfer - 13 Jun

Flying South African Airlines - $2262 each from Adelaide
    Staying 5 days at the Quadrant - 2 bedroom apartment (apartment 204 booked through www.CapeTownCityAccommodation.com for $107 a night)

Then probably move to V&A or Dewaterkant area wanted to check it out first.
    TammyMac - Thanks for DeWaterkant cottages recommendation I am keen on this accomodation too, beautiful safe area.

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS UNTIL WE LEAVE

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AdelMum For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (18-05-2016),Caesardust  (17-05-2016),HB13  (17-05-2016),JulieMalooley  (17-05-2016),Offshorechick  (17-05-2016),Rhino  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TannyMac, thanks for your recommendation. They look really good and well priced as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MTHFR - Folinic acid (1000mcg), Vit E (1000IU for implantation), 2500mcg B12 chewable, Vit C (3000mcg) power, Fish Oil.

Immune - baby aspirin, 15mg Prednisone 15mg a day starting 10 days prior to transfer. Clexane for flights only.
    [/QUOTE]
    AdelMum, who is your immune person? That's a lot of folinic acid, where did you get one with such high strength?

I feel like my FS doesn't know what he is doing with immune issues. He has given me scripts for pred to reduce down weekly, with no instructions re: if positive pregnancy, and has given me script for 20mg clexan when last cycle I had 40mg.

Meanwhile, we're due there in about 4 weeks all going well with the donor screening, and I am running out of time to get some consistent advice! Does DR Matthias do skype consults? Think I should call the office and check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TannyMac View Post
    Hi HB13
    I stayed in a beautiful 2 bed apartment with my own private inground pool. It was in the De Waterkant area which overlooks the V&A. It was next door to a gorgeous little cafe and down the road was the awesome outdoor cape quarter shopping center full of restaurants, cafes and shops.
    you can book through www.dewaterkantcottages.com
    i can't recommend enough. They are a company that rent out privately owned apartments. The area is safe and is a quaint little village. It's only a 3 minute taxi/uber ride to the V & A. They have a mix of 2-4 bed apartments and we LOVED our stay. We stayed in 42 Napier street with the main office next door and we had water views!
    We only paid $900 for our entire stay. There are still some deals due to nearby construction but we hardly heard anything!
    That place looks lovely, but looks much more expensive than that according to the website. How long was your stay? Is it one of those deals where the second bedroom is locked off, or you get the whole apartment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    @TannyMac, thanks for your recommendation. They look really good and well priced as well.
    Yeah it's a fabulous place. When we couldn't be bothered going out (especially during sone cold and windy nights we got take away pizzas/ food from the nearby Italian restaurant! Heaps of gorgeous boutique shops and a great little beautician/massage place where I got my nails done if that's your thing. Sloppy Sams restaurant is a must as is La Petit Cafe. It's a beautiful place to wander looking at all the coloured terrace homes. I think this area is going to be a very popular place to visit! I had to refrain from buying anything in the gorgeous boutique baby store too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    That place looks lovely, but looks much more expensive than that according to the website. How long was your stay? Is it one of those deals where the second bedroom is locked off, or you get the whole apartment?
    We stayed just under 3 weeks and got a deal as there was construction next door. You get the entire house to yourself, no rooms blocked off. It is becoming the next "it" place so prices may have crept up since last year, but it's so worth it. Considering you only have 2-3 visits to the clinic no need to stay near the clinic in my opinion. Everything's at your doorstep here. It's great!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TannyMac For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (17-05-2016),Rhino  (24-05-2016)