Closed Thread
Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Has anyone requested 'assisted hatching' with CFC? I'm so envious of all the special treatment the girls on the Greek DE thread get from their clinics. I wish CFC would lift their game a bit.
    I just checked the CFC website and they do assisted hatching, so might be worth you asking about it @Tahli.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

HB13  (12-05-2016),Tahli  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    That's what I was thinking, so much easier and pricking holes in my belly, and not having to worry about 20+hrs on a plane with injections that are supposed to be refrigerated.
    Yes, I was on Neupogen for immune issues and it had to be refridgerated. Not just the plane flight, but I travelled all over SA while I was there and it was a pain in the butt, even with an insulated pack I bought that kept them cold for 24hrs at a time.
    Also, I had Dr H. He's great at transfers...I have twins to prove it, but don't rely on anyone from CFC to assist or manage your immune issues...You do that here in Aus. Really, you only need the CFC Drs to give perfect transfers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-05-2016),Petulia  (12-05-2016),Tahli  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Yes, I was on Neupogen for immune issues and it had to be refridgerated. Not just the plane flight, but I travelled all over SA while I was there and it was a pain in the butt, even with an insulated pack I bought that kept them cold for 24hrs at a time.
    Also, I had Dr H. He's great at transfers...I have twins to prove it, but don't rely on anyone from CFC to assist or manage your immune issues...You do that here in Aus. Really, you only need the CFC Drs to give perfect transfers.
    Yep, have started low dose asprin, will get intralipids here before I leave and again when I get there and before ET. As I understand it, I should also have one if/once I get BFN. With the pred, I was planning on starting it day 1 like I was advised my last cycle. I had 10mgs daily then but was wondering if I should increase to 15 this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Petulia. When I email my FN the results of my lining scan tomorrow I'm going to ask about assisted hatching. It was a hatching blast that I initially got a strong BFP with a few cycles ago so was just curious whether they'd do it with embryos from a young donor.
    When you get your treatment plan it may have 15mgs of Pred on it. Mine always does.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tahli yeah my arm is killing now!! The other arm went fine but its such a long day! @emski yes if it wasnt for your blog i would not have found this thread so thank you and good luck. I will just stick with Dr Metebese or whoever wants to transfer my embryos as im pretty much organising and self managing everything else anyway talhi i too have heard good things about the greece clinics, im doing pgd so i think i wont request assisted hatch because they drill a little hole in embryo to do the test so hopefully that helps the little guys hatch- and split again so i get 2 lots of twins

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I've started researching accommodation and tourist things to do in Cape Town but finding accomm very overwhelming, and hard to get accurate pricing and details unless you email them.
    We've got a 3 year old (lucky enough to be conceived after 6 ICSI cycles) that will be coming with us so want a 2 bedroom apartment. Has anyone got any recommendations for something near the waterfront or other local areas?

Also, if anyone has had a child go with them to the game parks, how do they check the ages? The one we are looking into says children under 4 can't go on the game tours, but my daughter is very tall and often passes for 4 or 5 so was wondering if I could cheat a bit! But not if they check passports.
    Thanks in advance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HB13, my budget didn't stretch enough to stay in an apartment next to V &A, so I got a 2 bed apartment 5min walk from V&A, really big apartment and nice. Harbour Edge Apartments. It was also in walking distance to the city.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the game drives take into consideration they go for 2 - 3hrs, so be sure your 3 yr old can sit in the car for that long.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

HB13  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

HB13  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    @HB13, my budget didn't stretch enough to stay in an apartment next to V &A, so I got a 2 bed apartment 5min walk from V&A, really big apartment and nice. Harbour Edge Apartments. It was also in walking distance to the city.
    Don't think my budget will either! Thanks, I'll check it out.