Closed Thread
Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1060
  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,617
    Thanks
    1,316
    Thanked
    5,588
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Hi Emski72, so do you mean egg retrieval is day 0, so the next day when they fertilize will be day 1? Feeling a bit silly because I really should remember after so many of my own ones!
    Yes sorry egg pick up is day 0 sorry!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

    HB13  (12-05-2016)

  3. #152
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,617
    Thanks
    1,316
    Thanked
    5,588
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Wow, how did you lose that much? Well done.
    Weight loss surgery love...I've battled with my weight for years and wound up pre-diabetic after my daughter and felt a million years old and could barely walk to exercise... I had to do something...best decision for me. My life has been so bloody medicalised ... Feel a thousand times better.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (12-05-2016),Petulia  (12-05-2016)

  5. #153
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,617
    Thanks
    1,316
    Thanked
    5,588
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Great news emski and congrats on such a huge weight lose!! Well done. Do you think its too late to change Drs? I have the donor sorted and am just waiting on jenny to send through my treatment plan but its a basic one anyway so im only following it for the dates and the estrogen. All i need is a dr to do a good transfer, but i might just email jenny and see whats going on.
    Seriously by this stage I think you know what you're doing, I seem to manage my own cycles with my FS here more than my nurse/doctor there ... I get really frustrated when I'm waiting for my plan too...but if that's all your waiting for you'll be OK.
    Give them a call if you can...it always gives them a prompt.

  6. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Yes, has anyone found another doctor there to be more supportive of immune protocols? And when did people actually get their protocols, at what stage of the process?
    We worked with DR LR for both our cycles. I was open with him about using an immune protocol (I did an extra intralipid session in CT. he didn't comment one way or the other about it all.)
    I was being supported by my FS here in Australia for the immune stuff and he wrote all my scripts, assisted with the scans etc in the months prior to each cycle. He proved extremely helpful when I returned to Australia with a BfP and early bleeding.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    Petulia  (12-05-2016)

  8. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Has anyone ever used the depot one-off injection as a down regulator? What is it like?

    And those that have had intralipids, what stages did you have them at? Reasearch 7-14 days prior to ET, but my CFC specialist says a couple of days before - my understaning is that's not enough time to let it work. So I'll be having a sneaky transfusion before I leave, but when should I have it?
    @Petulia, I did the depot injection. I recommend that one, so much easier than taking medication everyday. I administered it myself by injection in the tummy like IVF pens. It looks scary but it didn't hurt. I purchased it from an online pharmacy in the UK.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

    Petulia  (12-05-2016)

  10. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    @Petulia, I did the depot injection. I recommend that one, so much easier than taking medication everyday. I administered it myself by injection in the tummy like IVF pens. It looks scary but it didn't hurt. I purchased it from an online pharmacy in the UK.
    That's what I was thinking, so much easier and pricking holes in my belly, and not having to worry about 20+hrs on a plane with injections that are supposed to be refrigerated.

  11. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,098
    Thanks
    7,209
    Thanked
    13,550
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @emski72 I'm so ridiculously excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey in 7 months time! Would you like your Synarel back now?! If it wasn't for following you over to this thread I would have never have know about DE in SA. I'm so glad you're feeling so positive too. I'm guessing you didn't get charged annual sperm storage. Bonus! Do you think you'll do PGD?
    @ECM1981 I'm sorry you had such a tricky time with your intralipids today. I ended up really bruised after my last one. Did the rest of it go ok? Even though Dr M is doing this transfer for me Cyndi is still my nurse. You could always request Cyndi again. If I ever do a fresh cycle in the future I'll be using Dr LR. He was unanimously recommended by the girls on here after not having success with Dr W.
    Has anyone requested 'assisted hatching' with CFC? I'm so envious of all the special treatment the girls on the Greek DE thread get from their clinics. I wish CFC would lift their game a bit.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (12-05-2016)

  13. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    We worked with DR LR for both our cycles. I was open with him about using an immune protocol (I did an extra intralipid session in CT. he didn't comment one way or the other about it all.)
    I was being supported by my FS here in Australia for the immune stuff and he wrote all my scripts, assisted with the scans etc in the months prior to each cycle. He proved extremely helpful when I returned to Australia with a BfP and early bleeding.
    I've changed to Dr Heylen. He seems supportive of immune therapy. I'll be doing an intralipid session here before I go, though he hasn't suggested it. That's what the research says, 7-14 days pre ET - and another one when I'm there a couple of days before ET.
    Wish I could see the infamous Wazza. We're in Vic. Maybe he does skype consults?????

  14. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @emski72 I'm so ridiculously excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey in 7 months time! Would you like your Synarel back now?! If it wasn't for following you over to this thread I would have never have know about DE in SA. I'm so glad you're feeling so positive too. I'm guessing you didn't get charged annual sperm storage. Bonus! Do you think you'll do PGD?
    @ECM1981 I'm sorry you had such a tricky time with your intralipids today. I ended up really bruised after my last one. Did the rest of it go ok? Even though Dr M is doing this transfer for me Cyndi is still my nurse. You could always request Cyndi again. If I ever do a fresh cycle in the future I'll be using Dr LR. He was unanimously recommended by the girls on here after not having success with Dr W.
    Has anyone requested 'assisted hatching' with CFC? I'm so envious of all the special treatment the girls on the Greek DE thread get from their clinics. I wish CFC would lift their game a bit.
    All of these special techniques! You could go on forever, couldn't you, trying to increase success. I've never heard of assisted hatching.

  15. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Ok so I'm back in...Jan cycle for us with my daughter's original donor. I've coaxed her donor out of hiatus. I'm feeling positive about this, have lost 22kgs since Nov, 15 more to lose by the cycle in Jan so will be fighting fit to give it our best shot. Thankfully CFC have confirmed we still have sperm there (hadn't heard anything since we left the sample in 2014!)...
    ECM I'd move doctors. Dr Le Roux is great.... You've invested too much to be dicked around even if it's not her fault x
    Watch out @emski72... You may have such a hot bod by then you won't want to ruin it 😄

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    Tahli  (12-05-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #12
    By Cathy69 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 13:30
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #11
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1056
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 15:32
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!