Closed Thread
Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Those are exactly the same things that Dr W said to me. Most Drs don't believe in this stuff, so there's no guarantee that Dr Heylen won't say the same things. If they are not preventing you from doing it, just do it. As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't hurt, try it. The risk of cleft palate is very small especially as the dose of pred is usually low and even then, cleft palate is not a huge problem these days like it used to be. You take extra folic acid (?) I think to reduce the risk as well...
    Thanks Julie. I'm not taking extra folic acid but am taking the active version which is folinic acid - better absorbed by people with MTHFR. Did you take pred? How much? Also, how many embies did they advise you transfer? I'm not sure I could cope with twins!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jo-anne.36 View Post
    hi there girls im asking for some help do the clinic have donor embryos to offer what about surrogancy thank Jojo
    Have a look at their website. There are numerous donor clinics in SA and around the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mardicharli View Post
    Petunia - our donor was also from Durban. It cost around $1000 for her to come to Cape Town but there was no way I was going to JBurg. Had no problems with her traveling, all went well with the cycle. They stay in CFC for the last week or so before egg collection.
    We actually paid about 3 grand more, for her to come for the initial screening and then back for the transfer. We are also paying for her partner to come and support her. A lot, but I guess I would want the same in her position.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @jo-anne.36 CFC has a small amount of donor embryos if you're in dire need of them, ie you've paid for a cycle, flown over and your cycle is a bust. You need to be a SA resident to do SA surrogacy I believe.
    @Petulia CFC are big on double transfers. If you only want to do single transfers make sure to ask for your embryos to be frozen in single straws. They may charge you a little bit more for this.
    CFC had a case of a cleft lip I think, not a cleft palette, thus are conservative with how much Pred they recommend. They've always put me on 15mgs and after several failed cycles/thin lining bought forward my Clexane to day 1 rather than a few days or a week before transfer/long haul flight. Both were on my original CFC protocol. As was their 100mls of intralipids. I didn't need to ask for them. I was with Dr W.
    Is Dr LR any more supportive of an immune protocol than Dr M I wonder?
    I think you'll find that you need to cobble together your own protocol, within reason, and just give it a go. So take CFC's basic protocol and add the things you know you need or would like to try.
    @Caesardust The general gist is to pay the ED to fly to CFC. Costs vary but budget on about $1k to $2.5k to be safe. The ED clinic can email you a quote pretty quickly. Nurture for eg have a standard cost for EDs from each city.
    Last edited by Tahli; 10-05-2016 at 12:27.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Payment to CFC and Agencies

Hi Aquinos77, I used my existing bank ANZ only when I couldn't use a credit card, used credit card for CFC. I used them because I could arrange all details online.

ANZ have international transfer which cost $18 each time, I think there was a small conversion rate fee to, but was very easy to set up and do. I just have enough time to look for an other way but interested if anyone else found a cheaper method. I plan to use my 28degrees international credit card when I am in Cape Town for the remainder of CFC fees,a s there is no charges on this card as long as I pay it off in time.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing if there is a cheaper method.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thank you Jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @jo-anne.36 CFC has a small amount of donor embryos if you're in dire need of them, ie you've paid for a cycle, flown over and your cycle is a bust. You need to be a SA resident to do SA surrogacy I believe.
    @Petulia CFC are big on double transfers. If you only want to do single transfers make sure to ask for your embryos to be frozen in single straws. They may charge you a little bit more for this.
    CFC had a case of a cleft lip I think, not a cleft palette, thus are conservative with how much Pred they recommend. They've always put me on 15mgs and after several failed cycles/thin lining bought forward my Clexane to day 1 rather than a few days or a week before transfer/long haul flight. Both were on my original CFC protocol. As was their 100mls of intralipids. I didn't need to ask for them. I was with Dr W.
    Is Dr LR any more supportive of an immune protocol than Dr M I wonder?
    I think you'll find that you need to cobble together your own protocol, within reason, and just give it a go. So take CFC's basic protocol and add the things you know you need or would like to try.
    @Caesardust The general gist is to pay the ED to fly to CFC. Costs vary but budget on about $1k to $2.5k to be safe. The ED clinic can email you a quote pretty quickly. Nurture for eg have a standard cost for EDs from each city.
    Yes, has anyone found another doctor there to be more supportive of immune protocols? And when did people actually get their protocols, at what stage of the process?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw my Australia FS and now on immune protocol, clexane for flight at 15mg Pred. Not intralipids though not sure what they look for as to whether they prescribe these. I was boardline whether I required immune protocol but I want to try EVERYTHING I can for this to work so my doctor agreed and let me I havent told my CFC doctor (Dr Le Roux) as they really don't seem interested in what I am taking they just run the standard protocol, especially first time, not any different to Australian FS.

I am on Lucrin and my doctor wants me to take on the plane as Synarel hasnt work great for me in the past. Has anyone done this, any hints on how best to keep it refridgerated on flight? I am thinking kids lunch box and ice packs but doubt they will last 14 hrs or more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdelMum View Post
    I saw my Australia FS and now on immune protocol, clexane for flight at 15mg Pred. Not intralipids though not sure what they look for as to whether they prescribe these. I was boardline whether I required immune protocol but I want to try EVERYTHING I can for this to work so my doctor agreed and let me I havent told my CFC doctor (Dr Le Roux) as they really don't seem interested in what I am taking they just run the standard protocol, especially first time, not any different to Australian FS.

I am on Lucrin and my doctor wants me to take on the plane as Synarel hasnt work great for me in the past. Has anyone done this, any hints on how best to keep it refridgerated on flight? I am thinking kids lunch box and ice packs but doubt they will last 14 hrs or more.
    I agree, I want to do everything that might help this work, why wouldn't we? What harm can taking the clexane do? I've just been prescribed the synarel and have read all the terrible side effects as well as it not being reliable.... now I think I will ask for something else.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jo-anne.36 - Hi. Cape Town Fertility in Cape Town is by far the most popular clinic for the girls on this thread. You can access both donor Sperm and donor eggs if you need embryos. Have a look on their website, they have lots of information on it regarding donors and prices.
    Time wise you can organize a cycle within a couple of months if you wish. If you want to look at donors, CFC have a list of the Donor Agencies they work with on their site. We used Sunshine Donors, but there are about 5. Most ladies here choose the donor they like regardless of which agency they are with. Most agencies are easy to work with. Just email them to say you want to look at the donors and they will send you a password.
    Good luck and we are here if you have any questions. Xx
    Last edited by mardicharli; 10-05-2016 at 15:16.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

emski72  (10-05-2016)