Have a great flight @Tahli!
We will all be cheering for you over here, hope it all goes perfect for you xxx
midnite01 Congratulations on making the big decision!
Awesome that you don't have to worry about travelling with a toddler - it's such a long way (I'm almost feeling more anxious about that than the clinic stuff!).
Urgh ... my daughter's donor has pulled out of donating again which was pretty hard news to take. Seems she got pregnant again herself (lucky her hey?) oh well ... we still have two embryo's over there from donor #2 just weighing up my options at this stage and will reassess in a couple of weeks. I always say 'don't get attached to your donor until they have been screened!' should listen to my own advice.
Tittle - All the best for your trip. Have everything crossed for you. You're using a new donor aren't you?
Em - geez it is tough when you do get attached to a donor. We did too with our original who gave us our beautiful daughter. I hope you can take some time out to think about it all. And just remember you have options if you decide to go ahead x
Im sorry emski, how dissapointed you must be. Good luck in assessing. Good luck @Tahli wishing you all the best.
So yesterday i finally got my report from CFC regarding all my treatment there. I needed it for my next stage of surrogacy and interestingly Dr W transferred 3 collapsed embryos in our 3rd transfer. This was never mentioned to me and i am pretty p*ssed off about it. I did a bit of googling and i dont think collapsed embryos have much of a chance. I am thinking you probably dont know what is going to happen to the embryos once they are defrosted and i guess had he have told me they were collapsed wouldnt have changed anything. I still had flown all that way. But I wish i had of tried a new donor and new fresh embryos and perhaps it would have turned out better?! It was a question i asked before i flew over- should i try a new donor? I was told no use the 3 embryos you have left. Its all annoying me because Dr M had said she was not happy with the grading of my frozen embryos and most likely would not have used them, where as Dr W had said they were fine. All that money and time and effort and I feel a bit like we didnt matter that much and were just a number.sorry rant over. Im still getting over the disaster of our last cycle in CT. Its wasted energy though i guess....
For others that have had multiple failures at CFC i recommend getting them to write you a report for your own reference and also it may help in the future if you go down a different route xx
Hi ECM1981 yes I've heard similar things...personally I don't think it's worth going back for any embryo under a B3AB though with Edie's donor they froze a 2AB and pre-blastocyst which now I think is pointless. I think @Luca had a similar experience when she transferred her embies to Aveitas where they asked why hers were frozen so it does pay to know what grading your Frosties are but I guess you always think you're in with a chance hey. It is a crapshoot a lot of the time 😣
@ECM1981 I'm sorry this happened and can completely understand why you would feel so frustrated! This is certainly not a situation in which anyone should ever feel like 'just a number'.
Thanks for sharing your story and advice - it does arm the rest of us with a little more knowledge of what to do and ask as we jump into the fog. Really hope your next chapter has some better outcomes love xxxxxxxxxx
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!