Closed Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1061
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a great flight @Tahli!
    We will all be cheering for you over here, hope it all goes perfect for you xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (22-09-2016),Tahli  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Thanks @Luca we will miss her like crazy but makes sense to leave her here in her own routine with grandparent time they live overseas so it will be a special time. We were last there in 2000 and loved it then.
    @midnite01 Congratulations on making the big decision!
    Awesome that you don't have to worry about travelling with a toddler - it's such a long way (I'm almost feeling more anxious about that than the clinic stuff!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Urgh ... my daughter's donor has pulled out of donating again which was pretty hard news to take. Seems she got pregnant again herself (lucky her hey?) oh well ... we still have two embryo's over there from donor #2 just weighing up my options at this stage and will reassess in a couple of weeks. I always say 'don't get attached to your donor until they have been screened!' should listen to my own advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Urgh ... my daughter's donor has pulled out of donating again which was pretty hard news to take. Seems she got pregnant again herself (lucky her hey?) oh well ... we still have two embryo's over there from donor #2 just weighing up my options at this stage and will reassess in a couple of weeks. I always say 'don't get attached to your donor until they have been screened!' should listen to my own advice.
    Oh no Em!!
    That must be a really big blow.. especially difficult when it had all been agreed and coming up so soon.
    Was donor #2 the one you thought might be a dud though?
    Sorry, head like a sieve.
    Really sorry to see this news hon, very disappointing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle - All the best for your trip. Have everything crossed for you. You're using a new donor aren't you?

Em - geez it is tough when you do get attached to a donor. We did too with our original who gave us our beautiful daughter. I hope you can take some time out to think about it all. And just remember you have options if you decide to go ahead x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    Was donor #2 the one you thought might be a dud though?
    Yes ... so I did a bit of snooping, she's donated again after us so I'm waiting to find out if that cycle saw any success at all... I would have more confidence if someone has had a pregnancy with her. I'm sure I 'worked on' DH he'd agree to a new donor but the cost difference is huge a FET would probably set us back 5K all up where as a full cycle would be closer to $12k... then part of me thinks, just be happy with your lovely daughter. As I said... still assessing things

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Report

Im sorry emski, how dissapointed you must be. Good luck in assessing. Good luck @Tahli wishing you all the best.
    So yesterday i finally got my report from CFC regarding all my treatment there. I needed it for my next stage of surrogacy and interestingly Dr W transferred 3 collapsed embryos in our 3rd transfer. This was never mentioned to me and i am pretty p*ssed off about it. I did a bit of googling and i dont think collapsed embryos have much of a chance. I am thinking you probably dont know what is going to happen to the embryos once they are defrosted and i guess had he have told me they were collapsed wouldnt have changed anything. I still had flown all that way. But I wish i had of tried a new donor and new fresh embryos and perhaps it would have turned out better?! It was a question i asked before i flew over- should i try a new donor? I was told no use the 3 embryos you have left. Its all annoying me because Dr M had said she was not happy with the grading of my frozen embryos and most likely would not have used them, where as Dr W had said they were fine. All that money and time and effort and I feel a bit like we didnt matter that much and were just a number.sorry rant over. Im still getting over the disaster of our last cycle in CT. Its wasted energy though i guess....
    For others that have had multiple failures at CFC i recommend getting them to write you a report for your own reference and also it may help in the future if you go down a different route xx

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (22-09-2016),Tahli  (22-09-2016),Tittle  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi ECM1981 yes I've heard similar things...personally I don't think it's worth going back for any embryo under a B3AB though with Edie's donor they froze a 2AB and pre-blastocyst which now I think is pointless. I think @Luca had a similar experience when she transferred her embies to Aveitas where they asked why hers were frozen so it does pay to know what grading your Frosties are but I guess you always think you're in with a chance hey. It is a crapshoot a lot of the time 😣

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-09-2016),Tahli  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Im sorry emski, how dissapointed you must be. Good luck in assessing. Good luck @Tahli wishing you all the best.
    So yesterday i finally got my report from CFC regarding all my treatment there. I needed it for my next stage of surrogacy and interestingly Dr W transferred 3 collapsed embryos in our 3rd transfer. This was never mentioned to me and i am pretty p*ssed off about it. I did a bit of googling and i dont think collapsed embryos have much of a chance. I am thinking you probably dont know what is going to happen to the embryos once they are defrosted and i guess had he have told me they were collapsed wouldnt have changed anything. I still had flown all that way. But I wish i had of tried a new donor and new fresh embryos and perhaps it would have turned out better?! It was a question i asked before i flew over- should i try a new donor? I was told no use the 3 embryos you have left. Its all annoying me because Dr M had said she was not happy with the grading of my frozen embryos and most likely would not have used them, where as Dr W had said they were fine. All that money and time and effort and I feel a bit like we didnt matter that much and were just a number.sorry rant over. Im still getting over the disaster of our last cycle in CT. Its wasted energy though i guess....
    For others that have had multiple failures at CFC i recommend getting them to write you a report for your own reference and also it may help in the future if you go down a different route xx
    What was the actual grading of the embryos love?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 I'm sorry this happened and can completely understand why you would feel so frustrated! This is certainly not a situation in which anyone should ever feel like 'just a number'.
    Thanks for sharing your story and advice - it does arm the rest of us with a little more knowledge of what to do and ask as we jump into the fog. Really hope your next chapter has some better outcomes love xxxxxxxxxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-09-2016)