Closed Thread
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1061
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy69 View Post
    Minniemin - I only told literally 3 people about the DE and CFC journey - everyone else thinks I did a cycle in Oz before immediately heading to Cape Town for a holiday. I have only lied once about using DE, then again she is the only person rude enough to have directly asked me if I used DE (and I know her desire to know is to sticky beak, not because she was thinking of the same journey). Who you tell is entirely up to you and remember you can always expand the circle of knowledge but it is hard to bring it back in. I know using DE 's feels weird and for some people they can never get past that but for me, it was almost the same as using Donor Sperm (which I did). It took 3 people for my kids to come into the world and i was the most important bit because without me, the egg and the sperm would never have come together or grow using my body. One of the other issues to do some reading on if you haven't already is EPIGENETICS about how genes are turned on and off in an embryo. Let me give you a tease ..... my twins both have light blue eyes (same as mine) but the egg and sperm donors have green and brown eyes. Hmmm ... think back to high school science - THAT isn't meant to happen. Those eyes are mine !

Julie - I could have written your post word for word - my attitude as well. My only regret is that I didn't stop cycling in Aus and go to CFC years earlier.
    I love that they have your eyes!
    I have read a little about epigenetics - my FS also mentioned it - but I'm going to get on google again after reading yr post.
    Yes, I agree that it seems more sensible at this point to be conservative with sharing this process. We've told my parents, which has been great.
    I also feel confident that I will feel that this baby is my own, especially when I read posts like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli wishing you all the best for your upcoming transfer. Xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Tahli good luck lovely. Is dr matabese good from cfc. She has only made initial contact with me but still wondering if anyone knows. Thanks to @minniem & @Cathy69 and @JulieMalooley for your information. How is cfc with pgs/pgd testing ? How many embryos will they transfer at a time? Tia for any info girls. Much appreciated

Sorry for all the questions. I dont want to bombard @Tahli as i know she is busy preping her oven haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have used this thread in the past and thought I would log back in as we are going back to Cape Town again in January. We were very lucky on our first time going to CT in August 2014 which gave us our beautiful daughter. We have been back twice since for FETS (April and July this year) which unfortunately were BFNs. So we are starting again with a brand new donor as we don't have any embies left. So we booked our chosen donor and paid the fees last week so all systems go. Exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

I was just wanting to ask some questions if anyone can help? Has anyone used the International pharmacy and if so was it OK? How long does it take for drugs to arrive? I have some Synarel left over from last cycles but from what I have read you can take a one off injection now - Leuprolide? Is that right? If so that sounds a lot better than sniffing Synarel for 2 weeks. I found I really struggled towards the end there on Synarel (especially the flight over). We have prescriptions for Progynova left over and have some Gestone too which we will use. I know I need to take a Clexane injection for the trip home - but do you need to take one for the trip over too?

I know I am asking lots of questions here but we used our FS in Sydney last time and they did everything for us. This time to save money we are going straight through the clinic.

Also we have been to Cape Town 3 times and absolutely love it there. So hopefully I can help others out that want/need info. I think we will stay at The Waterfront or Green Point again (with a couple of nights at The Vineyard thrown of course!) We will have our bubba with us this time. And we will be there in Summer which will be nice as we have only ever been there when it is cooler.

This site was invaluable to me when I first started researching DE options. It is a hard process to go through but so worth it when you get that baby in your arms. We have had 2 BFNs in a row which is hard but we will keep going so we can give our baby girl a sibling. Not ready to give up just yet.

Good luck @Tahli for your upcoming trip. And good luck to everyone else x

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (22-09-2016),Cathy69  (19-09-2016),emski72  (19-09-2016),midnite01  (19-09-2016),Minniemin  (19-09-2016),Tahli  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Unfortunately I only found this thread after I had been to Cape Town as there is a lot of information on here that would have been useful to know. I was one of the lucky ones and was successful the first time with twins who turn one today. I will also be returning to CFC in January for a FET, everybody (including DH) thinks I'm crazy but I just don't feel as if our family is complete yet and want to try again

@infinity888 - I think that CFC generally prefer not to transfer more than 2 embryo's but I think that can depend on the quality of the embryo's, I think @Tahli may be having a triple transfer this time. You will generally get the choice of a single or double transfer.

Does anybody know if CFC will let you use Crinone instead of Gestone for progesterone support, I'll be flying to Cape Town from Bali and then back to Bali and I would rather not try to go through customs there with a suitcase full of ampoules and needles, crinone would result in much less questioning, I don't want to finish my Bali holiday in Kerobokan jail!!!!!!

Good luck to everybody that is currently in Cape Town, @Tahli hope everything goes well this time.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (19-09-2016),Minniemin  (19-09-2016),Tahli  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have used this thread in the past and thought I would log back in as we are going back to Cape Town again in January. We were very lucky on our first time going to CT in August 2014 which gave us our beautiful daughter. We have been back twice since for FETS (April and July this year) which unfortunately were BFNs. So we are starting again with a brand new donor as we don't have any embies left. So we booked our chosen donor and paid the fees last week so all systems go. Exciting and nerve racking at the same time.

I was just wanting to ask some questions if anyone can help? Has anyone used the International pharmacy and if so was it OK? How long does it take for drugs to arrive? I have some Synarel left over from last cycles but from what I have read you can take a one off injection now - Leuprolide? Is that right? If so that sounds a lot better than sniffing Synarel for 2 weeks. I found I really struggled towards the end there on Synarel (especially the flight over). We have prescriptions for Progynova left over and have some Gestone too which we will use. I know I need to take a Clexane injection for the trip home - but do you need to take one for the trip over too?

I know I am asking lots of questions here but we used our FS in Sydney last time and they did everything for us. This time to save money we are going straight through the clinic.

Also we have been to Cape Town 3 times and absolutely love it there. So hopefully I can help others out that want/need info. I think we will stay at The Waterfront or Green Point again (with a couple of nights at The Vineyard thrown of course!) We will have our bubba with us this time. And we will be there in Summer which will be nice as we have only ever been there when it is cooler.

This site was invaluable to me when I first started researching DE options. It is a hard process to go through but so worth it when you get that baby in your arms. We have had 2 BFNs in a row which is hard but we will keep going so we can give our baby girl a sibling. Not ready to give up just yet.

Hi @Luca a Clexane injection on the way over can't hurt given the extra estrogen you'll be in and a long haul flight on top of that. I haven't used the once off injection...My fs said to stick with what we knows works for me (synarel) as you don't want to ovulate through the other options and it will be uncertain how you will respond.
    @landi68 I think you'd be safe with crinone only, that's what they do here, ask your cpt fs though..it's cheaper to buy crinone there too rather than back in Aus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Luca. My FS said the same as Emski's....that I should stick with Synarel as I know that works for me, whereas there is a risk with introducing something new that you may not respond as well to. I can definitely see the appeal of a one off injection though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @landi68, I would think Crinone would be ok. That's what they recommend that you move into after Gestone anyway and is so commonly used here. I actually just went straight to pessaries given how expensive Crinone is here. I didn't realise I could buy it there. I remember someone mentioning about Crinone reacting to the aeroplane cabin pressure though! They might become a bit explosive...hehe.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (19-09-2016),Tahli  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luca just popping over from the Czech thread, we use a one off injection for de, diphereline, prostap, lucrin 3.75 etc, very easy and stress free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi everyone,

Hello @Luca (im just popping over from the greece thread- sorry to butt in everyone) i just thought when you said you have left over synarel- if you mean the actual bottle of spray and its been opened, it will be out of date/expired. If you meant a prescription to fill, thats cool. Sorry, i was just worried and thought i should say something just in case. I was gonna use an old bottle once and the nurse adamantly reminded me that synarel is no good once opened after several weeks.