Closed Thread
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bit confusing but Dr M that the girls refer to is Dr Matthias who is a reproductive immunologist in Sydney and Dr Metebese is the Dr from CFC ☺ lots of us have had phone consults with Dr M (matthias) because we live all over the country. You probably wont speak to your Dr in CFC until the day of your transfer. You mostly deal with the nurses.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (09-05-2016),Petulia  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. Has anyone gone to jo'berg instead of ct for donor cycle? Just wondering if people generally go to the donor or get them to travel to you in ct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Hi ladies. Has anyone gone to jo'berg instead of ct for donor cycle? Just wondering if people generally go to the donor or get them to travel to you in ct?
    I avoided any donors who didn't live in cape town as I needed to be really specific about the dates I had to be there, just in case any problems developed with travel etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously not having much luck at all. Just received an email saying that Dr Matebese is going on a conference for the dates I've planned to be there. Arrrggghhhh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Seriously not having much luck at all. Just received an email saying that Dr Matebese is going on a conference for the dates I've planned to be there. Arrrggghhhh!!!
    Me too
    I have already shifted dates along by 1 week into July
    Now they want to shift it into mid July which is going to have a knock on effect here as I will have to re arrange hysteroscopy
    I booked the donor back in Oct also making it more frustrating
    And we have to be back by last week of July
    soooo frustrating!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    My donor is from Durban. Because I'm going to CFC she has to travel to me, and we have paid more for that, but I don't want to be staying in Joburg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So finally heard back from Dr Matebese. Seems she doesn't treat for the NK cells or the MTHFR mutation form I have, but happy for me to take pred as long as I am aware of the risk increase of cleft palate...!!!!!!! Also doesn't recommend that I take clexane... which I've always just had in case. Feeling more and more like I want to switch to Dr Heylen. So worried something won't work again with this transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    So finally heard back from Dr Matebese. Seems she doesn't treat for the NK cells or the MTHFR mutation form I have, but happy for me to take pred as long as I am aware of the risk increase of cleft palate...!!!!!!! Also doesn't recommend that I take clexane... which I've always just had in case. Feeling more and more like I want to switch to Dr Heylen. So worried something won't work again with this transfer.
    Those are exactly the same things that Dr W said to me. Most Drs don't believe in this stuff, so there's no guarantee that Dr Heylen won't say the same things. If they are not preventing you from doing it, just do it. As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't hurt, try it. The risk of cleft palate is very small especially as the dose of pred is usually low and even then, cleft palate is not a huge problem these days like it used to be. You take extra folic acid (?) I think to reduce the risk as well...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petunia - our donor was also from Durban. It cost around $1000 for her to come to Cape Town but there was no way I was going to JBurg. Had no problems with her traveling, all went well with the cycle. They stay in CFC for the last week or so before egg collection.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi there girls im asking for some help do the clinic have donor embryos to offer what about surrogancy thank Jojo