+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    Hi I thought I would let you know what happened with us... My partner had the zero sperm reading but all normal hormone levels and sizes of his testicles. We opted straight for a TESE with no back ups as our doctor was very positive! My partner had the TESE done (he is normal weight and no other gene factors) and they found sperm and took almost 14 vials and the procedure was done in 15 minutes! The doctor said the easiest he had done... The next month we started IVF and were lucky to be successful on the first attempt with our first baby due in 10 weeks... We listened to everything our doctor said and I guess lucky in the end... They think my partners Azoospermia is from motor cross when he was younger and getting 'tank slapped' causing damage to the epidimys and blocking it... good luck and get your procedure done ASAP then you can take it from there
    Ooh I like your story! A nice success story. I hope we're as lucky as you! We're counting down the days until our first appointment with our FS, yay!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia chemotherapy

Hi. All of these success stories are giving me lots of hope.
    My wife an I have been trying to conceive. I have been diagnosed with azoospermia after 2 negative semen analysis. I had a testicular biopsy which showed no sperm. I had 2 brain tumours as a child and had to have chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. Has anyone else had similar history and successfully fathered a child?
    Thanks so much.
    Johnathan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathant View Post
    Hi. All of these success stories are giving me lots of hope.
    My wife an I have been trying to conceive. I have been diagnosed with azoospermia after 2 negative semen analysis. I had a testicular biopsy which showed no sperm. I had 2 brain tumours as a child and had to have chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. Has anyone else had similar history and successfully fathered a child?
    Thanks so much.
    Johnathan
    My husband is azoospermia due to a vasectomy reversal. For us, we're doing tesa sperm aspiration.

From my understanding you could do the tese biopsy where they actually take a sample of your testes I guess and literally sift through the skin to find one single sperm (keeping in mind that there are usually millions of sperm in a regular ejaculate). So crazy hey! And then with that one sperm, they'll do ICSI where they insert that one straight into one of your wife's eggs (which have been harvested too).

Hopefully an embryo develops and can be transferred back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jonathont
    Sorry you find yourself here.
    I'm not sure about cancer and Azoospermia. Did they tell you what the histology of your biopsy showed ? (Hypospermatogenesis, maturation arrest, Sertoli cell only ?) that will give you the best indication .

My husband has non obstructive Azoospermia , cause unknown . We r booked for a surgical sperm search (microTESE ) in August.
    Wishing you and your wife lots of luck and strength !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Johnathant

Sorry to hear the news. My husband has Azoo (sertoli only syndrome), so was born without the sperm making stem cells.

Don't know much about cancer and Azoo. As mentioned, would be good to find out the reason for Azoo, that will give u an idea of success.

What clinic are you with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support. I had TESA and had a testicular biopsy both showed no sperm. I was with fertility north in Joondalup but did the biopsy through concept fertility. Hoping we still have options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @jonathant: like few had said, if you know the cause (Sertoli cell only etc) then the dr might give your odd. With obstructive azoospermia, the success rate is extremely high. Nearly all the ladies here are dealing with non obstructive. There is hope but the chance is very slim in this case.

I also don't know much about cancer and azoospermia.

I can only say what I read and advices I have gotten from this thread. A lot of support here! Micro-TESE is the ultimate surgery. It is performed once and for all. If you only have one chance for surgery, that's what u want to do. I see that you had gone through TESE. The advice recovering time is 6 months if you want to try mtese. We went straight to mTESE because no reason to do the surgery twice. It is a very invasive surgery. I know some had done both.

I was told that there is a dr at concept who does mtese so I wonder why that isn't offered it to you. A lot of our WA husband has travelled east to do this surgery in the last few years. Also, A lot of our husband had done the surgery with the same dr. There are only a few well trained dr who can perform the mTESE. It is always performed the same time with an IVF cycle in case sperms was found.

All the best!!!! If you want a second opinion, happy to pass on the dr info and you can always do s phone consult.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #3

Ps: testicular biopsy (TESE) is different than mTESE. Some dr will open up the testicles and randomly cut a sample (TESE). MTESE is a sperm exploration procedure. The dr opens up the testicle, wearing a high Magnifying glasses, looking around to find the "pocket" of tubules that produce sperms. If any, cut it out, the technician or the dr will check if there is any useable sperm. If not, the exploration continue until they think there isn't any more possibility. This procedure usually is suggested for non obstructive azoo case. From the sound of it, this is your case.

Have they checked your hormone level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsSIG: how is the prep going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, Thanks for asking. We are both doing well. I will go on the birth control pill later this month, start ivf meds late July. Epu, and microTESE is scheduled for August 4. I am quite nervous as donor sperm isn't an option for us quite yet.

We are looking into embryo adoption as our backup if things don't go according to plan..

How are you, your hubby and bubs doing?

@Barca07, how is your pregnancy?
    How are the rest of the ladies going ??