+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jojo85 sorry to hear about your confusion. It's a tough time.

Did the counsellor say why she wouldn't see u until after the mTESE?

It's not the end of the world having to do a cancel cycle, just another hurdle. BUT we are fighters and if you and your DH have gotten this far, you'll get through that hurdle too!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

MrsSIG  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85
    What was your counsellors name?

I was really happy with our IVFA counsellor, but I know some of the others girls here weren't so happy with their IVFA counsellor...

Maybe change counsellors next time?
    I can't remember my counsellors name, but I'm seeing her next Tuesday and I'll let you know 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jojo85: i would pressure it for back up if thats what u and dh want to do. we are all from the same clinic, i dont see why everyone can be treated differently. Who willdo dh mtese? Prof I? as for counsellor, see someone else. it is your right. after all, the counsellor supposes to help us through this journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85: i almost wanted to ask the same question. i will pm u about the counsellor. i dont like to name and shame on a public forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to change councellors, she wasnt as supportive as i thought. We went to the one in westmead. i should call and see if someone else can see us but if i complain could they take me off list...i really dont want my known donor to see her. i mean with every possible bad thing could happen she said, no positives...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your counsellor should be the least of your worries! But sounds like they may have added to your stress 😤I get why you wouldn't want your donor to see a negative nancy...

Have you spoken to the IVFA donor coordinators? They are lovely and I highly doubt they will take you off the list (if that's the list you're talking about?). if you need reassurance, I'm sure they will be happy to chat with you. They have been fantastic with me, really supportive, take the time to explain everything, etc.
    And in my opinion, it's better if they know their counsellors aren't doing a good job!!

It's a bugger I can't remember my counsellors name, but will let u know Tues 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just spoke to prof Illingworth and he again said backup is only available if weve used donor before or if hubby had a biopsy before mtese. now we are considering that. is the biopsy invasive and how long from work does dh have to take off?

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They take a chunk out so it's invasive. My DH had his biopsy the same day as his TESA - under general anaesthetic - he's not sure how painful it was because he did both. He reckons time off work is essential though - at least a few days.

Just wanted to say again that we were in your position and we opted to cancel the cycle if no sperm was found. It wasn't a big deal. Had they found sperm we'd have gone ahead that same day. We didn't lose anything by cancelling the IVF, we started the cycle and three weeks later we knew where we stood. We were also much better at IVF when we went into our first cycle with donor because I'd been monitored through one already.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #3

It's a tough decision to make. Personally, our preference (both physically and mentally) would be to do a cancel cycle over having DH do a biopsy and mTESE.

It's a tough decision and one you need to make with DH. We can only tell u our experiences, etc, so please only take the above (and other posts) as advice. Everyone is different and what might be right for us is not necessarily right for you guys.
    Last edited by Barca07; 07-05-2016 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85: DS took a week off officially. He just laid in bed and coach all day long for 4 days. He was still sitting uncomfortably at day 6 (we had to fly back so no choice!). On day 5, he could walk outside but in a funny way. If i remember correctly, he didn't feel comfortable sitting for nearly a month. As for pain, i don't know if DH has high pain threshold or what. He didn't take any pain killer as well as no icing. On the other hand, the dr only operated on one.