+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @littlesunflower: where are you at now? I remember you are/were trying #2?
    PUPO with the one embryo (from the one egg) we got this cycle. Not sure how many more stim cycles I can handle so hopefully this is the one. More of our sperm donor is still an option, but this year of back to back rounds has just been so hard and so expensive that I am a bit over it all!

Are you going back for your frosties?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @littlesunflowers: fingers crossed for you!! IVF is exhausting both mentally and physically, isn't it?! No, not ready for number 2. I am 100% sure that i won't do another fresh IVF cycle. If we want any more kid, it would be from the frosties. And I might go with the nature takes it cause approach. ie no more pumping myself with drugs for the entire pregnancy to deal with an issue that might not even exist. These drugs have caused long term effect on my health now and who knows what on DS (the risk to take at the time). However, we are 99.99% sure that we don't want anymore kids for many reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all,

hope you have been well... so my update is this:
    did egg collection on fri, 18 eggs but 12 mature which were icsi with donor. next day 6 fertilized. sunday i got no update but the lab rang this morning and said all 6 eggs are at 2-4cell but they should be more by day 3...im so worried that they have stopped growing.
    has anyone had slow growing embryos that have caught up? positive stories really needed atm, i feel so low...especially after my husband's ivf cycle failure now this

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo85 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did the cycle go so far? I'm not sure how things progress along as only did one cycle but hopefully you got some answers... fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jojo85
    Not too sure about slow growing embryos, sorry can't help.

Keep you updated with how it all goes. Are u planning on transferring this cycle or waiting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85: not ideal but you just don't know. Day 1 counts as fertilization day........I have 1 didn't show 2 cells until day 3. They should have been at this stage by day 2. It was always behind. On day 5, it wasn't a blast. I requested to keep it until day 6 and it turned into a grade A early blast. The embryologist doesn't like to keep anything beyond day 5. With my request to my FS, they did on my last cycle. Surprisingly, the not so looking good morula on day 5 became an expanded blast on day 6! You just never know. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85 I had a slow one that turned into twins. You just never know.

AFM our cycle was bfn, no frosties. I'm going on with IUI for awhile. There's no point in sending ourselves bankrupt paying to get one egg from a full stim when there is no reason an IUI with donor can't work. I've read that poor responders like me can get better quality eggs with no drugs - so I'll do some medicated cycles and some natural, and see what happens. We may need to choose a new donor but we'll weigh that decision up when the time comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies,

not so good news. transfer was cancelled due to nothing growing since the last check. i am absolutely gutted.
    my fs rang and ill b seeing him friday. i asked if it egg issues now and he said it could be or could be bad luck. he said my eggs looked ok but hes not so sure

im so down, depressed and now doubting my eggs.

i will try another round in a few months. i need a break as i think i ohss, im still sore. i will most likely change donor too. if second round fails, ill b lost

how does donor embyro work in nsw? is there a waiting list at ivfa? my dr said im getting ahead of myself...im just worried, shattered and cant get out of bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85: I am so sorry to hear! after we all moved onto donor, we thought donor is the answer, isn't it? On the hindsight (good consolation) for us azoo ladies, a baby is all we wanted and it doesn't matter where he or she comes from in the end.

Please don't give up. I know we all have this doubt. I was also very negative and didn't think it would have worked on our donor cycle. Thanks goodness for a good fs who kept the positive. Our long term warrior mgcBertie (no longer active here) got her take home Bub after countless cycles in the end. And it was even through an iui cycle! A miracle.

I would say bad luck. Did your fs change the protocol this time around? Med etc? My fs was very proactive. I have never been on the same protocol and med twice.

Yes u r ahead of yourself. I totally see where u r coming from. I was once like that. This TTC journey sucks. My understanding is that donor embryo is only allowed if both partners are proved to be infertile. Of course unless u can bring in your own known donor.

Hugs. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @bbhope for your kind words...
    Last cycle i was given 225 gonal f and i stimmed early, this time i was on 175 and i had the same results. Pretty much same number of eggs but was is a lot of pain after (im pretty sure i was ohss or at least borderline..i had severe abdominal cramps short of breath etc) Much better now after a week later.

I have a follow up appointment this arvo and will ask questions and see what we will do next. My biggest fear is him saying "sorry ur eggs r f...d dont bother trying again with them" i doubt he will say that but my anxiety takes over.

I am very overweight, so i want to drop a good amount before my next cycle. i do believe fixing my health will help overall. And want to try acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Has anyone done those?

i also read about melatonin or clomid that helps with egg quality, so i will ask prof Illingworth about that, although im pretty sure he said my eggs looked ok...i just dont get it.

maybe it was just bad luck or i wasn't compatible with that donor? i remember him saying once sometime you will need to change donor if its not that successful.

its all very overwhelming