+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey BB.

I think of it like an accelerator. Even if you're revving pretty high already trying to produce sperm (high FSH) then there's nothing to say that pushing the foot down a bit more might not be enough to produce a few sperm in the ejaculate. If not in the ejaculate then potentially in the testes which can be grabbed by TESE.

My FSH was very high to start with (38 I think) but after arimidex/clomid I still got sperm, so pushing the throttle down even more helped. There's other things at play other than LH/FSH, like inter-testicular testosterone levels, there's a pattern of thought that the drugs increase that level.

To be frank, I don't think the Aussie urologists are all that invested in the drugs approach, it's not profitable. You have to look hard to find someone who doesn't dismiss it, despite the evidence that, in some people, it can help.

Time-wise, it was about 3-4 months, but it can be up to 9 months to truly test it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @fitz73: ok got your point. I can see how it might work for people with previous medical history of undescended testes. If I remember correctly, the paper on the link I posted above indicates no effect on Sertoli cell only patients. The sample size (< 50 in total with various conditions) for the studies is rather small in that paper. I think it is still a fairly new thing and only recently the research evidence is emerging. Some Drs are heartless and all about $ but they are some good ones out there.
    @MrsSIG: isn't your DH being put on one of this drugs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has high fsh (28) but normal testosterone level...his urologist said drugs wouldn't do much good as his testosterone is normal. But not im thinking since my dh was diagnosed with testicular atrophy snd they found some sperm (very bad quality tho) maybe the drugs would have helped...but i think i remember her saying, they dont like to prescribe drugs in Aust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly that, the doctors here almost don't want to know about the drug route. It's so frustrating as there's stacks of evidence it can work for a good number of NOA. I'd push the point if I were you, get evidence from the Male Factor thread on fertilityfriends in the UK.

The urologists here are doing some men an injustice by not being more open to this. Drives me nuts. (No pun intended).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mr Barca (no name yet!) entered the world at 12:22 yesterday. 3.38 kg, 51cm. Not bad for a 37 weeker!!

After 3 long years, donor sperm and a stillborn, I still can't believe we have our take home baby!! Amazing!

For all those curious, DH is absolutely smitten with our little one. To be honest, Yes, I have (and DH has) looked at Bubs and wondered where he's eyes, etc have come from but it's more out of a curiosity than anything else
    Best thing we have ever done!!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (27-09-2016),Olive Oil  (27-09-2016),ttc1981  (27-09-2016)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you @Barca07 - congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Barca our baby changes everyday... one minute she's so much like my partner the next like me then we wonder where she came from he is adorable and so happy for you both xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Barca07!!!!!! I am so happy for you. You are a strong woman. Believe it or not, everyone said our baby looks like DH and nothing like me at all! You would soon find out that the little one love you both. Parenting is also not all about the genes. Welcome to the parenthood!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojo85: the news about the mTESE is still raw. Be kind to each other. There are always going to have new research and results. Drugs are very new and obviously they are running human trial right now. You should see that you have gone over one hurdle and onto the next chapter. One step closer to get a baby in your arm. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesunflower: where are you at now? I remember you are/were trying #2?