Azoospermia #3 | Page 16 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    .....From everything I have researched mtese is the way to go. I just want to make sure we have tried everything we can. My paranoia that we could have done something else as we approach surgery is increasing. Hopefully the next few months will help us get some resolution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

The drugs were clomid and arimidex. If I were you, I'd wait and see if they work... even if there's none in the ejaculate you may well have better odds of finding some via FNA, TESE or mTESE. (In order of invasiveness).

Check out this video of Turek's. He is, of course, selling his concept of FNA mapping but there's lots more information and ideas for alternative approaches in there.

http://www.theturekclinic.com/servic...ng-testicular/

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @zols you could consider trying the drugs for your DH, if that's what you want to do, and doing a freeze-all egg collection cycle yourself in the meantime? Frozen eggs are not as good as frozen embryos but you'd find out how you respond, what your quality is like etc. and you'd have something for later if later egg collection isn't as you'd hoped.

If you decide on mTESE my thoughts are to do that with a simultaneous IVF as soon as you can (and use eggs from a fresh cycle if you can, don't use frozen eggs unless that's the only option). Several of us on this thread have had to move onto donor sperm and are having difficulty getting eggs in our mid-30s. It's very frustrating! I wish we'd known about the azoospermia earlier because time has been our next biggest challenge.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Azoospermic Journey

Hey Folks,

I thought I would update everyone here on my progress.

Firstly I went to a private clinic again and spoke to a Doctor who has been dealing with fertility problems for 30 years.

He examined me and said that all on the outside looks ok.

He then did a the Y-Chromosome Micro-deletion test which revealed that all my regions tested were fine with no abnormality found.

He then recommended a Biopsy but said that he recommends we try it on the NHS first as its free then come to them later if we need more cycles.

I went to the NHS they read all the previous results and the Doc there wanted a final test on my Karotype as that is a common reason for Azoospermia.

Again it came back completely find with my result being 46,XY.

So now I am scheduled for the 20th of Oct for my Biospy.

What is the chances they will find anything - I am not getting my hopes up but knowing that I dont have a Genetic problem is to me a good sign. Even if they draw nothing from me at least I wont have a Genetic Issue to start to treat as well as infertility.

Heres my Results Again

[October 2015]
    Azoospermia (NHS)

[December 2015]
    Azoospermia (Private Clinic)

[January 2016]
    Testosterone 5.6
    FSH 5.9
    LH 7.0
    via Private Clinic

[March 2016]
    Prolactin just on the high *range* but Fert-Doc said not to worry.
    Testosterone 3.9
    FSH 7.0
    LH 7.0
    via NHS GP

[May]
    Y-Chromazome Microdeltion Test [ No Abnormalities (AZFa,AZFb,AZFc,AZFd)
    via Private Clinic

[August]
    Karyotype Test via NHS [ 46,XY ]

[October]
    Scheduled Biopsy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jimmy, those hormones look so normal (T looks low though) as to point to obstructive, though no doubt that's been checked.

Again, when FSH is low there's also an argument for arimidex/clomid to put the throttle down on your pituitary to pump out the FSH. Which will also raise the T.

I'm only going on what I've reading the last 2 years from various experts around the world, not qualified in anything other than topic obsession :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @JimmyCricket: since u r in the UK, worth talking to dr Ramsay. As you can see from this thread, no single azoo case is the same. Even with abnormal or normal hormone, result can be different. The only way to find out is to have your biopsy done, although I don't really know if it is a good idea to do an open testicle biopsy without actual cycling. We can give u percentage of chances here but speculation isn't helping anyway. More of a mind game. Once the biopsy is done, u would have a better idea what's next. I totally understand that the anxiety during this waiting period. Hang in there. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fitz73: for people who already have high fsh, isn't that the drug would make it worse? High fsh causes testicular failure of I read it correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, FSH being high is the symptom, not the cause. The pituitary is trying hard to signal the testes to make sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz73 View Post
    Jimmy, those hormones look so normal (T looks low though) as to point to obstructive, though no doubt that's been checked.

Again, when FSH is low there's also an argument for arimidex/clomid to put the throttle down on your pituitary to pump out the FSH. Which will also raise the T.

I'm only going on what I've reading the last 2 years from various experts around the world, not qualified in anything other than topic obsession :-)

Interestingly no one has checked for any obstructions they asked me if I had any problems like Mumps or Undecended problems but none that I can recall if I had mumps as a 3 year old I wouldent remember now its like saying do you remember your first tooth.

It could very well be an obstruction either that or my Diabetes Type 2 diagnosis could be affecting Testosterone -- Aparantly I can have the same things during intercourse as most men except the sperm go straight to my bladder instead of out of my body.

Oddly enough I always need to pee after intercourse and every time I see these tiny things in the reflection of the water its like worms.

But I put that down to an unknown - I hope the bio shows something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JimmyCricket: I read about diabetes affect sperm production. But mainly type I. No idea about type two. Obstructive would have been easy to find out. An experience dr could just feel around the men part and tell u that. Can you ask your parents about mump? It certainly will affect one fertility for sure.
    @Fitz: what I meant is that if fsh is high and with the drug, it puts the fsh out of the normal range, isn't that not a good thing? How does it affect the health? If low fsh, I can see it helps to bump it up. One can't do mTESE many times because it cuts out tissues or cell or whatever it is called in medical term that needs to produce hormones (the brain signals it, of course). Not careful will need hormone therapy after the surgery. May I ask how long u have been on the drugs now? Just wondering how long it takes for some not genetic case to maybe see possible improvement?
    @zols: forgot to mention....I totally agree with littlesunflower, a cycle first will test your response. Of course, this will come with the price tag. Frozen eggs aren't as good. Going fresh and do it concurrent with the mTESE is a must. I am not a good responder despite being in my mid 30s. As you might have read here, a lot of ladies found out egg quality issue after numerous cycles after moving on with the donor. Some with immune issue to fall pregnant or keep the pregnancy going. Not saying u would have problem but it is something to consider. Xx