+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes our bub has to be on low lactose and she has reflux... we are on novalac colic now and just went to the chiro too so that seems to have helped heaps... though tonight she was awake way too long while I was out so got overtired and wouldn't go down... ahhh the joys hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Losec solved out reflux problem. We ddidny think it was helping until we stopped. Then he was back on it until he was 7 months when we weaned him off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep on Losec as well... though we have found the new Formula and probiotics which the neonatal unit recommend really has helped...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Just updating with our story went back for another egg collection last week. Had 7 eggs collected all were mature but only 3 fertilised.

So now waiting to decide if we should transfer 2 at day 3 or wait and see if any make it to day 5? What do you's think?

This will definitely be my last egg collection. We have 1 vial of donor left and will try that with iui if this doesn't work. I'm not putting my body through another collection. I have done 6 egg collections now with 8 embryo transfers. I have my DS which I am incredibly grateful and that will be enough for us.

How's everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pm you. in short, I would go with day 5 so u don't have false hope with day 3 embies. My FS will not do day 3 unless that's only one fertilised. My friend fs always does day 3 because is cheaper. She did that the first round. All bfn. Wasted $ on 4 fet. Switched FS who would only do day 5. Another round with bfp. Actually, at day 3, embie isn't in the womb in the nature way. That's why put back in at day 5. Fx for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did day 6 embryo and wanted quality not quantity... our back up also went to day 6... we had 7 mature eggs 5 fertilized 3 took and went for day 5/6 and only 2 were excellent quality so one is our 11 week old and the other is frozen and hopefully our second bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, i did post a new thread before seeing this. I am from the middle east and I thought I will try to check what kind of treatments are other countries doing! My sister's husband was diagnosed with sertoli cell only, which was a big shock to us 😞 They went to many hospitals and done one surgery and everything leaded to 'end of the road'

But I still has a hope! Some ppl mention dr. Turek and dr. Lok, I was wondering if there are any success stories of treating such syndrome happened under their hands??

And is stem cells therapy has been commanced in any part of the world?

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Noori: unfortunately, stem cell research is still far from reality when the time you sister wants to be parents. There are successful stories with dr lok here. With a miracle of life births (twins). The patient has Sertoli cell only. However, it is likely that the patient has functional cell somewhere to produce sperms. That's looking for a needle in the hay stack. Very lucky given that Sertoli cell cannot advance forward to create sperms. Note this thread is a small number statistic for the world out there, though.

Dr turek does fna mapping first before the surgery. U can read up what it is. It is not practice here in Australia. I think only one couple went to do that. No success.

Do u know what kind of surgery he have done? Most people's DH on here have gone through mTESE for non obstructive azoo.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Noori  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Noori: unfortunately, stem cell research is still far from reality when the time you sister wants to be parents. There are successful stories with dr lok here. With a miracle of life births (twins). The patient has Sertoli cell only. However, it is likely that the patient has functional cell somewhere to produce sperms. That's looking for a needle in the hay stack. Very lucky given that Sertoli cell cannot advance forward to create sperms. Note this thread is a small number statistic for the world out there, though.

Dr turek does fna mapping first before the surgery. U can read up what it is. It is not practice here in Australia. I think only one couple went to do that. No success.

Do u know what kind of surgery he have done? Most people's DH on here have gone through mTESE for non obstructive azoo.
    I found a doctor in Jordan who is doing stem cells therapy for NOA in his clinic, i talked to him and I felt that it's a business.. Although he is very popular in the middle east and done many interviews on the TV, but man he is mentioning success rate but where is the proves 💔😣

It's always a bless to hear any sort of success stories, living with a hope is better than giving up.. I study in NZ so i would go to Australia if u guys recommend dr. Lok, but the thing is would my presence with all the diagnosis papers enough for a first impression?!

He did mtese as well, and the doctor told them from the beginning that he's not positive at all, but he will do it just cuz they wanted him to do it ..

I did read about fna mapping sounds a bit more accurate, I will try to mention it to my sister, but overall we don't want to put them under pressure 😢, especially that till now not much stories of success to get any hope

Thanks for you reply..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Noori: I am confused. If it is your sister's husband, I don't think any dr would talk to u due to privacy issue. It will be your sis husband who has to make the appointment. Phone consult is always possible with results faxed in advance. We live in Western Australia and went to see someone in Sydney to do the mTESE. Got phone consult before hand. If u don't have residency, medical consultation will be out of pocket. It is quite costly.

All the best. Xx