+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope counselling went well we are on a donor list so now all my wife's testing starts. Still hoping our next baby can be biologically both of ours if I have successful surgery/ speak to Drs for advice but for now we just have to wait until a donor is available

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @jonathant: from the sound of it, have you both decided to wait it out here in WA for a donor? What's the waiting time like these days? It was 1.5 yrs for us and maybe 3 choices at best. The other clinic wanted $500 and 2 yrs wait (i was fuming....like taking a lot of $$ for our misery).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is actually using donor currently and there is actually now an abundance of choice for insemination and for IVF they are bringing in donor sperm from the USA so I think things have changed and probably more in your favour Johnathant but hopefully like you said hopefully the baby is biologically yours. Our success story is now 10 weeks old I have my fingers and toes crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear that they are now bringing in US donors. They talked about it for ages. It supposed to happen 3 yrs ago but it didn't happen during the time we wanted to have a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what the waiting list is but it's not long so my wife is doing all her testing so we are ready when a donor sperms becomes available. We are probably going to go down this path for our first baby then I can be looking into surgeries/ ways to become a biological father. I'd love the children equally obviously

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jonathant: if i were you, i would ask to make sure it isn't a long wait. I did hear someone who got access quite quickly a while back. That's because they have a lot of donors with the common features that they were looking for. I don't know if the physical characteristics matter to you. I was also tested quite a few things while on the waitlist. I hope it works out for you here, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we will check thanks for that. Physical characteristics are important to avoid questions to ourselves but more importantly our child. We don't want them to forever getting asked if they're adopted etc and having to explain to complete strangers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering why you wouldn't do the surgery first... my partner did the tese which was successful and very non invasive with Dr Artely and we now have a 10 week old... just thought it would be a good idea to do this first? Unless I missed that you already have

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to double check the name of the fertility surgeries I've had haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Just wondering if the notion of using arimidex and/or clomid is being used more in Australia these days?

2 years ago I was diagnosed azoo and point blank refused to get the mTESE despite all the urologists here dismissed suggestion of using drugs - well, after seeking advice from Paul Turek in San Francisco and Jonathan Ramsay in London 2 years later and sperm is there all the time in the ejaculate - small numbers, but they are there. Furthermore, a small varicocele was also deemed pointless in treating, got that embolised anyway and the motility/morphology of what was there also got better.

I'm quite passionate about spreading the word on this here and getting everyone to question it much more. Going straight to mTESE, in certain circumstances, seems brutal to me, especially as it can negatively affect androgens for the rest of the male's life.

Of course, it's not for everyone and isn't a magic bullet - but it seems to me that Oz is very slow to recognise the potential in this.