Closed Thread
Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @tjuls, how did the BT go today? You will probably only get a call Monday arvo after the next BT and scan too eh? Cheering you on!

@clucky14, if you started swimming on Tue, you would probably have started on CD3 because you had your BT on CD 1 (i.e. full blood flow), right? So that makes today CD7. My bet would be that your EPU will be the coming Friday too unless your BT/scan shows that you need a bit more time. Agree with Friday's good with the weekend to rest up.

@Billie2 - knowing you, you would have gotten everything organised and sorted out! Can't wait for July to roll around for you!

@LillyM - how are you coming along hun?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (18-06-2016),LillyM  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Peridot, sorry to hear about your rather traumatic experience today! Sending you lots of hugs hun!

I am glad that Dr Nic was thorough and didn't risk it either - most important is to have a safe ET!

Rest well and take some time to recover and I know you will ace the next transfer!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Peridot  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Well todays ET didn't go to plan ... couldn't get it into my tight cervix even after using gentle force & various scary looking (and painful) implements. It was very painful & even the speculum was uncomfortable. ..I was totally expecting a super easy pap smear like procedure (never had problems with paps ) but it was not to be. Dr Nic tried for what feels like forever & then said there is too much trauma & a bit of blood so wanted to reschedule. I was so relieved & just wanted him to remove everything so I could run out the door. But of course he's very thorough & said he didn't want to just push the it through & risk the transfer not hitting the target. He mentioned a possible ectopic or even the embryo implanting on the cervix & I immediately thought of you @MrsSingh So the 2 x embryos that made it to blastocyst today will be frozen (others are slower, monitoring progress) & in 4 weeks (ish) I will have have a frozen transfer under GA. Either that or they will call me in a few days earlier to dillate the cervix & hopefully it stays dillated for the transfer. Spotted after the procedure, still a bit sore but bring on 4 weeks & fingers crossed for GA.

Sorry I haven't mentioned anyone personally. ..hope all is well.
    Oh @Peridot! You've had a rough day!! You poor thing I'm sorry things didn't go to plan! We had Dr Nic too and found him wonderful so I'm sure he's done the right thing by you! A small set back but I'm glad they're not mucking around with you and your precious blasts! Crossing fingers the next 4 weeks goes quickly for you xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Peridot  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Peridot. I'm so sorry about the ET today. Sounds like Dr Nic made the right call. Disappointing for u but it's the best decision since you don't want to risk losing ur precious blast.
    Did he use ultrasound to guide the transfer? Ive only been to 1 FET where DrG was behind schedule because she was having difficulty with earlier transfers. I dont know if she used ultrasound or not but the poor girl was in the chair for a good 45mins.
    DrG was in a daze when I came in for my ET.. so obviously it took a toll on her as well.
    Im guessing they will knock u out like they did for EPU? Lucky thing :P.. haha..I love that s**t
    @VickyP.. BT went ok this morning. Didn't have my usual vampire, had an amateur one and he missed my vein, kept prodding for it and has now left me with a souvenir in the form of a bruise. The 2nd bruise since starting ivf.. i'll live . Just hoping the vampire on Monday doesn't go for the same vein.. haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Peridot  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that things didn't go great I can definitely relate the first time I had transfer which I ended up with my little girl from oh gosh I found it traumatic and painful I couldn't wait to it was over I just couldn't relax at all and found it so uncomfortable. I bled a bit too . I think everyone is different some people it be no issues for but for me I personally hated that part I almost wish I could be asleep for it or on Valium 😩 Hope next time goes well for u sending u some hugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    Well todays ET didn't go to plan ... couldn't get it into my tight cervix even after using gentle force & various scary looking (and painful) implements. It was very painful & even the speculum was uncomfortable. ..I was totally expecting a super easy pap smear like procedure (never had problems with paps ) but it was not to be. Dr Nic tried for what feels like forever & then said there is too much trauma & a bit of blood so wanted to reschedule. I was so relieved & just wanted him to remove everything so I could run out the door. But of course he's very thorough & said he didn't want to just push the it through & risk the transfer not hitting the target. He mentioned a possible ectopic or even the embryo implanting on the cervix & I immediately thought of you @MrsSingh So the 2 x embryos that made it to blastocyst today will be frozen (others are slower, monitoring progress) & in 4 weeks (ish) I will have have a frozen transfer under GA. Either that or they will call me in a few days earlier to dillate the cervix & hopefully it stays dillated for the transfer. Spotted after the procedure, still a bit sore but bring on 4 weeks & fingers crossed for GA.

Sorry I haven't mentioned anyone personally. ..hope all is well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Peridot  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Peridot wow I am so sorry to hear that. The main thing is that you are ok and that the embryos are going to be ok as well. They are like rare priceless diamonds, so best they are kept in the safe (freezer) till you are ready to go. Just goes to show that anything can happen at any stage. I sing in my head at my transfers, even said a Hail Mary. I hope you are ok..x I get that you must feel disappointed. I would too, but you will feel better for it once transfer is done under less pressure.
    @tjuls did you go to Primary for BT? I love the young indian lady who is on the early shift. The asian guy bruised me for 10days and I dont bruise. Not even my injections bruise me.

And yes, I dont mind the old knock out at EPU. I must like it if Im going for a 3rd. @LillyM and I have our own seats. It must be the blue sock shoes & matching head gear and gown. I even like the tension between the 2 reception ladies. DH does his hotlaps in the hallway outside on the phone waiting for red tube time, while I sit and stare at the first door busting for my name to be called. The anaesthetist is the coolest and my favourite.

God I need a life!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (19-06-2016),Peridot  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No @Billie2. I went to my local Laverty. But I too like the young Indian girl at the George St collection centre. She is very good. She will go for the vein in my left arm if my right arm already looked like a pin cushion. Not this guy- he went in at the same spot as yesterday and then missed.

Yes you and LillyM are part of the furniture now. I'll be a loyal customer if they packaged that stuff and sold it :P.. I would love a hit of 'knock out' every now and then..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh @Peridot avoid a cervical pregnancy like the plague!! You poor thing it's good that he didn't risk anything tho, the other clinic I was at really didn't care less to be honest!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSingh For This Useful Post:

Peridot  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies, so much support from this group. I think Dr Nic is brilliant, he wasn't risking anything & said a few times that trauma could result in a failed cycle & it wasn't worth the risk. @tjuls he had the monitor on & I'm certain he may have wanted to try with the ultrasound but we never got that far. It was all over for me when he used a tenaculum along with the speculum. ..I tried to zone out & not pay attention. The embryologist brought the catheter out twice & then the third time they tried with an empty catheter. Hope my precious embie hasn't been compromised with all this to & froing. Funny I was definitely relaxed at the start of the procedure, DH & Dr Nic cracking gags, I was laughing with the speculum already in but obviously my cervix didn't get the jokes. @MrsSingh I'm so sorry you had to go through a cervical pregnancy, it sounds like Primary have to be very careful as they have their detractors just waiting on the sidelines for a stuff up so they can cry negligence as a by product of cheaper & bulk billed ivf. Speaking of which Monash seem to have that too now in Sydney...it's their no frills IVF called the bump @ $990 per cycle all costs included. And they encourage interstaters as the consultations etc are via Skype. How the mighty are losing patients & now copying a successful business model. Good on Primary for kicking it off & making it more accessible for everyone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The vampire that's funny @tjuls hmm hope I don't have them! I had a lovely Asian lady do my BT the other day she was nice and didn't hurt at all. I'm starting to get bruises on my stomach though but at least they can be hidden . Starting to get a bit emotional and ready now haha must be the oragalutran 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by tjuls View Post
    Oh @Peridot. I'm so sorry about the ET today. Sounds like Dr Nic made the right call. Disappointing for u but it's the best decision since you don't want to risk losing ur precious blast.
    Did he use ultrasound to guide the transfer? Ive only been to 1 FET where DrG was behind schedule because she was having difficulty with earlier transfers. I dont know if she used ultrasound or not but the poor girl was in the chair for a good 45mins.
    DrG was in a daze when I came in for my ET.. so obviously it took a toll on her as well.
    Im guessing they will knock u out like they did for EPU? Lucky thing :P.. haha..I love that s**t
    @VickyP.. BT went ok this morning. Didn't have my usual vampire, had an amateur one and he missed my vein, kept prodding for it and has now left me with a souvenir in the form of a bruise. The 2nd bruise since starting ivf.. i'll live . Just hoping the vampire on Monday doesn't go for the same vein.. haha