Closed Thread
Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope @OneOfTheseDays. They didn't say why and I was so busy at work I didn't ask them why.. 🙈
    My guess is they wanted BT done every second day and since I had one today, that means the nxt one would fall on the Sunday and then Tues (cd14) but they may miss the window by Tuesday. So having one done tomorrow and then Monday with scan would be more accurate in lining measurements and scheduling for transfer.. I'm only guessing..haha because nothing in the blood work is any different to prev cycles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't trust him the first time he went to do it but he did it fine so I will leave it up to him😂He did them all first time we did ICSI 3 years ago also and did a good job I'm just a chicken with doing them myself 😂
    Quote Originally Posted by OneOfTheseDays View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great @clucky14! I reckon you will be injecting yourself before you know it! There is no way my hubby would do it for me! He's hopeless with needles. I think I would also be more nervous having him do it anyway - after I got over the whole putting a needle in my stomach thing, I'm ok so long as I'm in control! @tjuls - did they not say why they wanted the extra test? I suppose as long as no problems have been identified, I guess it can't hurt! Knowledge is power huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's a bit of a pain for you I wonder why they want it so close. What stage are you up to ? Are you waiting to transfer ? Orgalutran done. Just wondering the info in the pack says start usually after 5 days but I only up to 4th day? I wonder how many days now I will be on gonal f and orgalutran before I trigger just wish I had an idea of when as I will probably need the day off work but guess I probably won't know to least mid next week gosh it's all moving fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 what is your cd now? I have already worked out my EPU for July..! Your EPU will either be wed or friday next week. They only do it on Mon/Wed/Fri. If its wed, get ready to have thurs off. Im a poor responder and even needed the day off after EPU last round.

Im excited for your stimming! Especially since its for a sibling! I am always fascinated by different protocols. My first stim I completely freaked about needles. I felt like crap on the train with my blue cooler bag. I was debating seeing a GP to have them done. Im in a family of nurses but no one knew what we were doing. But I sucked it up and Orgalutran was the first needle I ever did on my own. I found it simple and easy. Then I met the puregon pen and it was soooo simple. I think if you had to, you'd do it. One two three bang... My son knows I injected but not sure why. He saw sharp containers & all my meds. Kids are so cluey. I wish he was younger, but he clicked that mum used needles and she might be sick. So We had to have a chat to explain they were good needles to make me well. I guess ending up in hospital didnt help my little man. So I hope I can make that fear and pain he felt go away if I can give him a sibling..

Now Im rambling..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been Injecting since Tuesday night so would that make me CD 4 or 5? I did have a guess and tell hubby it probably be pickup next Friday which means we have to both take day off work which isn't a big issue I kind of am hoping it's the Friday as we have someone to look after my daughter but no one the Monday so fingers crossed for Friday next week! Only prob is have tickets to ice hockey sat night but I am going ! No way I am missing out 😂Will just have to get lots of rest Friday if that's EPU day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 is that the visiting Canadian ice hockey?? We did the USA baseball at the SCG and we loved it. I am sports crazy. I watch anything & everything, and even take lawn bowls seriously!

From my maths in space calculations, you are looking at friday EPU I expect. I did a monday CD14 EPU and it is quite late compared to others. CD 12 is next friday?? That sounds normal timing. Friday is a good day for EPU, weekend to recover without detection.

My EPU issue for July was school holidays. But I have a mum lined up if that happens. Her 2 first born were IVF and her 3rd was a miracle who happens to be best mates with my now apparent miracle child.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it is the Canada and USA game I am so looking forward to it but looks like if EPU is Friday I be going with some painkillers 😂No way I am missing it its my first ice hockey game ! Friday would work out well actually so fingers crossed plus not sure how I would do injections at night at the game !!! Would transfer then be either the following Monday or Wednesday in guessing ? I started injections 14th July so not sure am I supposed to count from first day of injections or AF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @clucky14 is that the visiting Canadian ice hockey?? We did the USA baseball at the SCG and we loved it. I am sports crazy. I watch anything & everything, and even take lawn bowls seriously!

From my maths in space calculations, you are looking at friday EPU I expect. I did a monday CD14 EPU and it is quite late compared to others. CD 12 is next friday?? That sounds normal timing. Friday is a good day for EPU, weekend to recover without detection.

My EPU issue for July was school holidays. But I have a mum lined up if that happens. Her 2 first born were IVF and her 3rd was a miracle who happens to be best mates with my now apparent miracle child.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 from 1st day of cycle. Yep mon or wed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you is it ok to take a child in for transfer ? What if DH sat in waiting room with my daughter while I went in for the transfer just if its a Monday it's going to be very difficult to find anyone to mind her ! Hoping EPU is Friday as have care for . I try avoid taking her to appointments but it's hard when DH works shift work

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scary & painful ET resulted in cancelled transfer

Well todays ET didn't go to plan ... couldn't get it into my tight cervix even after using gentle force & various scary looking (and painful) implements. It was very painful & even the speculum was uncomfortable. ..I was totally expecting a super easy pap smear like procedure (never had problems with paps ) but it was not to be. Dr Nic tried for what feels like forever & then said there is too much trauma & a bit of blood so wanted to reschedule. I was so relieved & just wanted him to remove everything so I could run out the door. But of course he's very thorough & said he didn't want to just push the it through & risk the transfer not hitting the target. He mentioned a possible ectopic or even the embryo implanting on the cervix & I immediately thought of you @MrsSingh So the 2 x embryos that made it to blastocyst today will be frozen (others are slower, monitoring progress) & in 4 weeks (ish) I will have have a frozen transfer under GA. Either that or they will call me in a few days earlier to dillate the cervix & hopefully it stays dillated for the transfer. Spotted after the procedure, still a bit sore but bring on 4 weeks & fingers crossed for GA.

Sorry I haven't mentioned anyone personally. ..hope all is well.