Closed Thread
Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for the progress @clucky14! Good on you and DH! It will be over before you know it.

Agree with the ladies here. Doesn't matter which comes first. If you get there a little early (which I usually do), get the BT out of the way as the scan can be a wait depending on the queue.

Let us know how it goes hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AGB79 congratulations what a lovely picture! Glad all is going well for you! 🤗
    @clucky14 is great hearing your update - I am waiting for af should be only a couple of days now and the I will be jumping on the stim train hopefully so will be about a week behind you. Hope scan and bt all go well!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lbaines101 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice will do BT first bit nervous just hoping it's all working well and my body is responding well
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Yay for the progress @clucky14! Good on you and DH! It will be over before you know it.

Agree with the ladies here. Doesn't matter which comes first. If you get there a little early (which I usually do), get the BT out of the way as the scan can be a wait depending on the queue.

Let us know how it goes hun!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tagging @Loulou11 to join us. She has Melb Primary questions..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Loulou11  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with Primary Ivf? #3

Best wishes to @clucky14 & @tjuls with BT's today. Hope scan is good news @clucky14.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Loulou11  (17-06-2016),tjuls  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melbourne primary ivf

Hi all. I'm new and I have a few questions regarding the process at the Melbourne clinic. My husband has had a vasectomy hence why we are looking at ivf. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a appointment and the process. Is it necessary for husband to be at all the treatment / appointments. I was told they would not see me if husband didn't attend. Obviously he would like to be there throughout the treatment. .but he has just started a new job that he has waited for 2 years. Taking time of seems impossible or unless we could get appointment later in the day. Otherwise we will have to put it off for a few months but I'm anxious to start treatment straight away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Billie this is all new to me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    Best wishes to @clucky14 & @tjuls with BT's today. Hope scan is good news @clucky14.
    Thanks Billie this is all new to me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Loulou11 welcome aboard we had 2 GP appointments, one FS appt, one mandatory counselling appt and a nurse appointment. Preston are so busy so it will depend on your availability as to how quick you can get through the process. I found they were often booked up a few weeks in advance! We had our first GP appt on Dec and Started stimming at the end of April but I wasn't able to be very flexible with my work roster hence why it took so long. Your DH will need to attend all of those appts with you but once you start stimming he's not required to be there for the scans/blood tests. Obviously he will be required to be there at egg collection.

We found the Police checks took forever! Nearly 2 months from memory! So that really slowed the process! Once you actually start stimming the process goes very quick, usually egg pickup averages around CD12

Has your partner had a reversal or are you going straight for the biopsy to retrieve sperm?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Loulou11  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Loulou11 I am at the Syd clinic and some things they do different. But, I can confirm that all appts require your husband to be present for initial start up. (Roughly 3 appts) GP, go away and do all your tests, back to GP for results, then FS then you get your plan & its good to go. I went to every appt I possibly could alone. My nurse appt I went alone and scans etc. Then your husband only needs to appear at egg collection to provide his sample. I went to transfers alone as we have a son my DH stayed home with. For me Primary is a block from my office. Very convenient.

At Primary you need to take responsibility for the whole process. You need to be flexible and not knock back times or dates if you want to start asap. The less you resist the easier it is. I know its very hard with day to day life. There is no hand holding. My experience has been really positive with staff, but I just did as told which is hard for a control freak like me.

Nurses are avail 24/7 once you start. I have found emails to work best for me. I love the no frills process.

Hopefully the Melb girls can help.

My inital GP appt was 1st Oct 2015 and my first IVF cycle was November, so it can happen quick if there are no hiccups. My tip is to get a pap smear asap. This test takes the longest to get results back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Loulou11  (17-06-2016)