Closed Thread
Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @LolaR - I am FAR from that. Just sharing based on my own experience.

At least you have jumped through all the hoops required and can start. WOOHOO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the great details @VickyP! It's so involved, gosh how do you ladies stay so calm I'm stressing already! I'm trying not to because stress is bad but it's a tad overwhelming at this stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to hear from you @MrsSingh. Hope you will soon be comfortable and on your way to a smooth recovery 😚

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a grand plan @VickyP that could all fall apart if come CD1 my endo and/or active cyst plays up! Holy moly you know your meds - I had to screen grab that post for future reference 😉

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone
    I've been stalking this thread for a while my account wasn't set up correctly and I couldn't write anything but that's all fixed now.

I am at primary IVF Melbourne
    Tomorrow if CD 9 and my 2nd u/s
    This is my first IVF cycle
    I have pcos and I'm on puregon and orgalutran and depending how the cycle goes I will either trigger with ovidrel and do a fresh cycle or if it looks like I will develop Ohss I will trigger with synrel and do a freeze all.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, sorry about all the posts - not sure if everyone knows but the nurse informed me that from July 1, the meds will cost around $38.50 each which isn't too much of a biggy considering all other costs (except hospital $600) are bulk billed. Just thought I would let those who are going to stim know.

Also, as I'm doing acupuncture and herbs, the nurse advised me to stop taking the herbs as it interferes with the whole process. Understandable but now it has me wondering whether I should switch acupuncturist. I've been seeing Lily Liu in Surry Hills for quite some time now and her herbs were great for keeping my endo symptoms at bay and me ovulating like clockwork (bar this cycle as I was OS and had missed some doses). Her acupuncture itself was just average as she didn't really assess, just default points for needles depending on CD. Can I ask you lovely ladies who you are seeing - or recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StephyG, it is overwhelming the first time, but remember, all you need to do is to follow instructions. They are usually very clear. Jab what, when, BT/scan what, when, etc. You just follow what you are told and then when you have questions just ask the nurse. You aren't expected to know everything so don't stress about it. It's a bit like clockwork after and you'll breeze through just like all of us did.

Ps: note that I said I don't know about Menopur, so best to ask and then follow instructions. I just made an assumption there.

@Mimimoo, same as well. Everyone gets different meds and different doses so best to just follow nurses' instructions! LOL.

I am sure your grand plan will work fine and I hope the endo stays away!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

StephyG  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LolaR was ready for a change from Melb IVF. I felt the process was very money orientated and doing unnecessary tests which cost a fortune, seeing we got pregnant first fresh cycle. Just had a lot of difficulty getting pregnant with our FET.

Getting nervous about my EPU today. My ovaries are feeling very heavy with these follicles.

Welcome @Cassidy. I too had the risk of OHSS but didn't need the spray from my results at the last scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back @MrsSingh glad to be bearing you're out of hospital and recovering at home. Methotrexate sounds like a b*** and a half!! You've educated me hun, up until this point I had never heard of a cervical pregnancy. I've heard of placenta previa (where the placenta is so close to the cervical OS that it blocks it).
    Take the time to rest up hun and treat urself to lots of TLC. You're going to kill it when u come back to TTC.
    Hi @@StephyG. I can't share any knowledge of menopur unfortunately because I was on puregon. But I agree with @VickyP that it's prob another brand of FSH.
    Did the nurse sit u down go run through meds with u? And did they give u a diary. I found the diary comes in handy for reference.

Welcome @Cassidy it's so good to get newbies joining the journey!
    Good luck with BT and scan today!
    Thanks for the information @Mimimoo!! I didn't know that there's been a change in PBS benefit to IVf meds..:?
    Oh well.. We are still winning compared to other clinics

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mimomoo. I heard Lily Liu is quite popular. I was initially going to go with her but figured if she's popular it would be hard to get an apptment with her. So I ended going to House of Fertility and Healing in Enmore. They are wonderful!! My usual acu is Ngaio but I had Kevin for the before and after transfer sessions last cycle and I absolutely looove him... He is fantastic!!