Closed Thread
Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I did rolly pollies last night just in case 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with @tjuls - all you need is 1 to stick, @onedaymaybebaby!! Good luck for Saturday 😃

Welcome @tammyln and @LolaR! You have joined a wonderful community with very supportive and knowledgeable ladies!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mimimoo For This Useful Post:

LolaR  (05-05-2016),onedaymaybebaby  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mimimoo @Lbaines101 thankyou just got my hubby to do my first jab !! Im to much of a chicken to do myself 😂

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (05-05-2016),VickyP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls yes that's right it is the Amh one. Thank you that should still be enough time. I will give a call tomorrow and see if I can get the week before as that way I might just make it to the fs and nurse before next cycle.
    @tammyln welcome! I just did my blood test today - I am normally terrible and have known to pass out. I had to go alone today as dh couldn't get off work and I was surprisingly fine so already getting used to it. I laid down today and chatted to the nurse and I think that really took my mind off it! Hope it goes ok for you at the weekend 🤗

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lbaines101 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

sorry I have been off the grid, I'll try to catch up on where you al are!

I FINALLY got out of hospital after 2 weeks. Methotrexate is horrible, especially when you need 6 doses.. It really is awful, would not wish it on anyone.

Last hcg was 7,000 much lower than the 25,000 we started at.

I am so happy to be home however I am in a lot of pain, the side effects of the medication are making life very difficult at the moment.

This will be a very long recovery process, no more daily bloods tho, once a week for the next 3 months. Doctor seems to think I'm doing ok. She said I was the only one she has seen with a cervical pregnancy for almost 12 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSingh For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @MrsSingh, sending you the biggest hug... I can only imagine how painful it is, both physically and emotionally...

I am glad that you are home and feeling a wee bit more comfortable. We have been thinking of you...

I know you will stay strong and I hope you recover really soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, Sorry there are to many pages to catch up on its been awhile since I've been on. I've just received allied paper work for costs and the medication info from Monash, has anyone used menopur?? It's 150 units and the other one is orgalutran and Ovidrel and Crinone gel ( not keen on that one) I'm a bit Confused there is so many medications we will call the nurse tomorrow but so confused! 2 weeks till the start date though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @tammyln! I have to say I am impressed that you read EVERY page?! Wow, that must feel like a soap opera!

I agree with @tjuls, generally, appts with FS are harder to make so once you know you have to, best to call and book it in. I think the long wait time is also due to their capacity limit, guess there are only this number of patients they can handle at any one time. At the rate we ask the nurses 1001 questions, poor them! The FS do in office consulting every alternate week, so they are in surgery one week and in consultation the next, which means that they aren't that available, but sometimes you can "strike gold" and get a slot. My own experience hasn't been too bad at all (it was more the 31 day wait in between the cycles due to Medicare rule than anything else).

I agree with everyone @onedaymaybebaby, you just need 1 beanie to stick, so 2 is GOOD! I am so excited for you!

@ABG79 - how did your scan go today hun? All looking ready for the big FET exercise?

@hopefulangel1987 - YAY! I was like you - chicken with needles. DH did ALL my jabs. I still can't do them myself! (I am no pro like @tjuls). Time will fly.

@LillyM - how are you hun? When are your scans scheduled for?

@Mimimoo - That is some GRAND plan I say. I take my hat off you, but at the rate you are going, you are going to nail this (assuming DH can come contribute his spermies. LOL) All the best!

@LolaR, where are you in your cycle/journey? Ready to start with Primary already?

@Lilpingu, good luck for EPU tomorrow! I am so excited for you too!

@Lbaines101, I am sure the BT won't take 2 weeks to come back in. Are you using Laverty / Primary-affliated pathology centre? Let the nurses know and I am sure they can stamp "urgent" on the form if it's needed.
    @tjuls, how are you feeling hun? What time is your beta tomorrow?

Wow, long post - sorry!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by StephyG View Post
    Hey ladies, Sorry there are to many pages to catch up on its been awhile since I've been on. I've just received allied paper work for costs and the medication info from Monash, has anyone used menopur?? It's 150 units and the other one is orgalutran and Ovidrel and Crinone gel ( not keen on that one) I'm a bit Confused there is so many medications we will call the nurse tomorrow but so confused! 2 weeks till the start date though!!
    Hi @StephyG, we missed you!

Wow, that's a quick start - congrats! YAY!

Menopur - don't know, but I assume this is the FSH, like Puregon (which i was on) and Gonal F. Stimulates egg production.

Orgalutran - this is antagonist, prevents you from ovulating with the stimulation going on. So stim but prevent them from popping out too early. LOL.

Ovidrel - Trigger, this is one time usually about 36 hours before EPU. You inject this only with nurse's instructions. This makes you ready to ovulate.

Crinone - this is progesterone gel, used just before ET for about 2 weeks to support the PUPO and pregnancy. Might be asked to continue afterwards depending on how the pregnancy goes.

So basically, you start with Menopur, after 2-3 days, start Orgalutran. Then after BT / scans, with nurse's instructions, use Ovidrel to trigger. Go for EPU. Then start Crinone with nurse's instructions based on when ET is, and then just continue with Crinone until beta for pregnancy.

Hope this helps! All the best and let us know how it goes!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

StephyG  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow vickyp you really know your stuff! I am getting ready for my second fresh cycle with primary but optimistic -lilpingu am interested in how you found Melb Ivf to deal with ? I thought they were a bit cold and one size fits all but could have just been my experience ! Welcome tamlyn great to have another newbie - I too read most of these ladies posts / so wonderful and supportive😀

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LolaR For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (05-05-2016)