Closed Thread
Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Worryingalot81 cramps can be a good sign, but it can also be from the crinone. Fingers X'd for you! 🍀❤️

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

Worryingalot81  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @clucky14 really hope your hormones behave so can you commence your next cycle.
    Those stupid comments make me so angry too!
    - just relax it will happen
    - stop overthinking things
    - stop stressing and it will happen
    Etc etc... And it always comes from people who have never been though IVF.. So annoying!! But you have us to vent to anytime! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Worryingalot81!

Congrats on being PUPO! Now you are in the TWW together with @OneOfTheseDays! Agree with everyone here - cramping is normal and is usually a good sign. Sharp pains and bleedings are not, so if it's just cramps (like AF), then it's normal, don't worry and just enjoy and relax during this TWW!

Tell me about it @clucky14! People who haven't had problems conceiving have NO idea!! Super annoying comments but sometimes it comes from well-meaning intentions and people just don't know what to say to make us feel better! ARGH.

That's why this group is so awesome! Hope everything is on track for you this month. Have you been on vitex?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

ABG79  (03-06-2016),Worryingalot81  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! Hope you've all had a lovely week. Congrats @Worringalot81 and @OneOfTheseDays on being PUPO. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys 😊

I hope your hormones balance out for next cycle @clucky14! I totally agree - everyone keeps telling me to not stress about having baby #2 and I should consider myself lucky to have my son (which of course I do - every single day!!)... And a lot of these people are yet to embark the TTC journey or are those with 2 or 3 kids and through pure accident/s or on first try! Arrrgh. My parents even say to me that I'm silly for wanting another child because my son is a very difficult one and they think I'll just be asking for more trouble. They're not supportive of us going through IVF at all 🙁

Anyhoo, I saw @VickyP asked if you have been on Vitex. Well, after @tjuls post on this supplement, I went out and bought myself some to start on CD5. I also started doing my castor oil heat packs (similar to @tjuls) again as I remembered they help with ovarian cysts (which I have had 3 functional ones over the last 2 cycles pushing my E2 levels to nearly 3100pmol/l so was unable to start stimming!). I'm not sure if it was the vitex and/or the castor oil heat packs but I've had 7 blood tests over the last 16 days and my hormone levels seem to be somewhat in the normal range now... And I've started spotting today which is only CD20 (my cycles are usually looong - 53 days last time) so even though this cycle is super short beyond belief, I'm hoping for a full flow soon so I can get another blood test and hopefully if all looks good, finally start 🤗 Maybe you can give vitex a go and see if it works for you...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mimimoo For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (03-06-2016),Worryingalot81  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks yes been on vitex every morning as soon as I get up I thought why not try it can't hurt ! Hopefully it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    Welcome @Worryingalot81!

Congrats on being PUPO! Now you are in the TWW together with @OneOfTheseDays! Agree with everyone here - cramping is normal and is usually a good sign. Sharp pains and bleedings are not, so if it's just cramps (like AF), then it's normal, don't worry and just enjoy and relax during this TWW!

Tell me about it @clucky14! People who haven't had problems conceiving have NO idea!! Super annoying comments but sometimes it comes from well-meaning intentions and people just don't know what to say to make us feel better! ARGH.

That's why this group is so awesome! Hope everything is on track for you this month. Have you been on vitex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh my parents are the same well especially my mother. My daughter is two and half and she can really be a handful especially lately dosnt listen has tantrums and she is super energetic it's exhausting but I still want one more. My parents new we went through IVF first time but this Time we won't be telling anyone to I fall pregnant and am three months if I can fall pregnant that is. My mum always makes comments oh u should just have one and she assumes we don't want any more kids but we do it really upsets me that she just thinks I don't want anymore I actually feel like if I was pregnant she wouldn't be supportive I mean it's our decision not hers . I wouldn't worry you need to do what you want to do and not worry about anyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimimoo View Post
    Hello ladies! Hope you've all had a lovely week. Congrats @Worringalot81 and @OneOfTheseDays on being PUPO. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys 😊

I hope your hormones balance out for next cycle @clucky14! I totally agree - everyone keeps telling me to not stress about having baby #2 and I should consider myself lucky to have my son (which of course I do - every single day!!)... And a lot of these people are yet to embark the TTC journey or are those with 2 or 3 kids and through pure accident/s or on first try! Arrrgh. My parents even say to me that I'm silly for wanting another child because my son is a very difficult one and they think I'll just be asking for more trouble. They're not supportive of us going through IVF at all 🙁

Anyhoo, I saw @VickyP asked if you have been on Vitex. Well, after @tjuls post on this supplement, I went out and bought myself some to start on CD5. I also started doing my castor oil heat packs (similar to @tjuls) again as I remembered they help with ovarian cysts (which I have had 3 functional ones over the last 2 cycles pushing my E2 levels to nearly 3100pmol/l so was unable to start stimming!). I'm not sure if it was the vitex and/or the castor oil heat packs but I've had 7 blood tests over the last 16 days and my hormone levels seem to be somewhat in the normal range now... And I've started spotting today which is only CD20 (my cycles are usually looong - 53 days last time) so even though this cycle is super short beyond belief, I'm hoping for a full flow soon so I can get another blood test and hopefully if all looks good, finally start 🤗 Maybe you can give vitex a go and see if it works for you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Worryingalot81!
    As the others have said cramping is normal esp while on Crinone because it could be masking symptoms of a IB. Hope it works for u hun.

Hope Vitex is helping with ur FSH @clucky14. @Mimimoo- sounds like the combination of both Vitex and castor oil packs did the job to balance out ur hormones. Now I'm just hoping it's had an impact on those cysts.
    Just curious @Mimimoo.. what CD was that level of E2 taken at? Cd2? And did u get the BT with Primary or with ur GP? I'm curious to know if Primary still follows up despite not stimming.

I'm on 9dpo today and sad I say i have been self-medicating myself with 100mg Oripro twice daily..😂😂.. can't hurt right?
    And since it isn't on primary's protocol to do a cd21 prog while on pessaries, I decided to do one out of curiosity. So before ivf, I think my prog was around 34?, While on 100mg Oripro twice, at 7dpo - it was 80. BT was also taken11post last dose so it would be higher at peak absorption. So def high enough to sustain a preg if by some miracle it happens. (Doubt it though)
    That's for any curious nutters like me out there.. haha

Brace urself ladies for a wild weekend (weather wise)😉

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Worryingalot81  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an extremely curious nutter, @tjuls!! I've tried some many things over the past 2.5yrs my husband just rolls his eyes every time I come home excitedly from a session of some sort, the health food store or chemist 😄 I must admit, I'm still on Chinese herbs - but just the endometriosis mix to help hold back its flare up and spread plus clear cysts. I think all the other stuff that my acupuncturist was making me take could have pushed my E2 levels up... It worked to make me ovulate earlier than my usual cycle but it must have been too much for my ovaries hence in the 4 months I've had treatment, 2 out of the 3 cycles resulted in functional ovarian cysts... I have had cysts before but being the curious nutter that I am, I thought I would change it up this cycle and it seems to have worked.

@tjuls - I did blood tests with Primary on CD2 and CD4. The nurse then said call back when a new cycle starts - no follow up or action plan provided at all 🙁 My other 5 blood tests were on CD10, CD12, CD14, CD16 and CD19 through my acupuncturist's GP. After I went a bit crazy at her because my hormone levels were too high (I spend $1k/mth with her so I was livid!!), she made a bit more effort this cycle to track my levels and adjust my acupuncture accordingly. My E2, FSH and LH levels show that I may have ovulated around CD10 but what makes it really confusing is that my progesterone levels stayed at around 1-2. It's never been this low before so my body may have geared up to ovulate but never did (which has happened to me before hence long cycles). I had very faint spotting yesterday so even if I did ovulate, I thought that due to such low progesterone levels, I would have a much shorter luteal. Hmmm, do you think the vitex is causing the low P4 levels? Maybe I should go back on the Chinese herbs during luteal! Your levels are great, @tjuls!! Fingers crossed an eggie was fertilised and it sticks 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @Mimimoo.. that's a lot of money. I prob spent that much myself on acu sessions and Chinese herbs..haha.. I must say though my experience with the Chinese herbs was mixed. Some cycles on herbs, I would alright ( energy was good, good ewcm, ovulate on time- I'm regular anyway, BBT was good) but then I had cycles where I was bummed with indigestion, poor appetite, poor energy).
    I stopped the herbs before I started ivf and have now stopped acu sessions. Not because I dont believe in it. I think they all helped to where I am now. I feel alot better, back to usual 'see-food' diet.😂 But I feel Vitex and castor oil packs have done wonders to body in a short time that TCM took 6mnths to do.
    To answer ur question, personally I don't think it's the Vitex that's causing the low p4 levels. What I've learnt from my 'experiments' is that ur FSH, LH, and e2 could be all on the normal range but it's by far 'normal'. If ur BT suggests u should have ovulated on cd10 but p4 is still low.. then u havent ovulated. Can I suggest u look at ur FSH:LH ratio. If u are gearing to ovulate, ur FSH: LH should be around 1:3 .. if its the other way round ( more FSH than LH, then ur ovulation mechanism hasnt kicked in).
    Vitex should correct ur FSH:LH ratio promoting more LH - which supports prog in the luteal.
    Now if ur e2 was soo high on cd2, it could mean Vitex may need some time to adjust ur hormone levels because ur e2 level is starting off high. Vitex prevents the ovaries from producing e2 but once it's made, Vitex can't lower it. ( From what I've read)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mimimoo
    It's a matter of time- hopefully Vitex can crank up the LH so the p4 can start rising.
    I don't wish to undermine ur Chinese herbs but does she/he know that e2 encourages endometriosis? So she /he should lower the e2 as much as possible in order to control the endometriosis.
    I'm like u hun.. everything I've tried I would come home to hubby and saying this is it! This therapy is going to give us the baby we want.. haha..now he doesn't ask and I don't tell.. except Vitex and castor oil packs because he's noticed the improvement in my c-scar wound.
    Good luck hun.. keep us updated on ur Vitex experience 😊