Closed Thread
Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WOOHOOOOOOOOO @ABG79! Sorry to send the congrats to you late, but wow, those numbers look good! So so happy for you!

Hi @OneOfTheseDays! Welcome to our thread!

I can't commend much about the nurses saying things contrary to agreed protocol with the FS. I have only had 1 IVF and went in cold not knowing much, so I just followed instructions without a lot of the details (alot of which I learnt here from these wonderful and knowledgeable ladies). The only time I scratched my head was when the nurse told me to start on Oripro pessaries when I was still on Crinone (so apparently my FS thought I had finished my script for Crinone but I was on a lower dosage) so I kind of freaked and thought I was told the wrong dosage. The nurse checked with the FS and told me it was correct and to continue as per usual. And then I had the weird Oripro which was twice the dosage of Crinone and again, she said she asked the FS and it's correct so I just followed it. Worked well so far and I think the mix up might be that they are so overworked. Sometimes they rush through things and kind of assume that everyone is on the typical protocol (like Crinone twice a day instead of once a day like me) so when you are the exception, maybe they pass on the wrong instructions.

I think for your case, the red flag would be the one that you had agreed on transferring 2 embryos and not one. But I would have thought this would be on the consent form and also signed by the FS so the nurses can't change that. I do know that Primary has a policy not to do 2 unless you are 40 and above or have had failed IVF cycles, (maybe thats why the nurse thought she should explain) I think this would have been written down somewhere as an instruction for you though if you had spoken with Dr Nick. If you are concerned, see if you speak to Dr Nick or be more assertive when you call and let the nurse know it's been agreed and ask her to check with Dr Nick? I hope Dr Nick is doing the ET for you come next week so you are more assured.

Strange that the nurses at Mel Primary seem to have a lot more say with what happens with their patients. It is certainly not the case in Sydney (they basically check with the FS about everything).

Sorry that I'm not helping much, but hey CONGRATS on those awesome numbers (10!!!! wow!) and have a good rest before ET next week too - keep us posted, we love news during the TWW as you can see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyP View Post
    I'm sending you the biggest biggest hug @LillyM.
    Take your time to heal and recover, your body and emotions have been through a lot. Please know that we are here for you and we will think of you...
    PS: I just read another thread about a lady who's gone through 5 IUIs and 17 IVF cycles in 3.5 years to get a boy. We are all strong woman and we know we will get there eventually.

I can't believe what's happened to you @StephyG!! Sending you a big hug too hun! I just read in that same thread (about the lady who's had 22 cycles) that Menopur did not work for her as well. She says Menopur contains LH, which can convert to testosterone which can decrease egg quality.

She also mentioned about oestrogen priming, which was what eventually worked for her but none of her FS had offered her that before she read up and asked for it.

If anyone is interested in reading, the thread is called "Low / poor responders" - interesting info there. Our dear friend Billie2 is also active on that thread! Miss you @Billie2!

Oh bugger, what a wait @ABG79! It's ok, enjoy the weekend and we will start next week with fantastic news I am sure!
    I havent read that thread but gosh that lady is amazing for going through 3.5 years to have her boy. It makes our ivf journey minute in comparison. oestrogen priming is something to think about @StephyG. I cant stop thinking about your case it and I wanted to ask if Monash did a cd2 BT on you before the stim cycle? And did you have a full bleed when af started?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABG79 View Post
    Thanks girls. I'm so thrilled! My HCG levels were 360. The nurse said that's a strong positive so I'm assuming that's a good number? Xx
    Thats a good beta number @ABG79- like @Lilpingu said- anything above 100 is what they are looking for. So 360 is bloody fantastic!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the group @OneOfTheseDays

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with the nurses in Preston. I agree with @VickyP that they are overworked and small details may be missed.
    Congratulations on the beaut egg collection. Definitely cant complain about that fert rate .
    Personally I would be contacting the Nursing manager right away to get the details cleared up with them. If you and Dr Nick had decided on a protocol then I would expect the nurses would have to follow that protocol unless of course he said one thing to you but over ruled when you left. I don't think ( I'm hoping) he is not that cunning.
    Get nursing manager to check with consent forms like @VickyP said. It should state in the paperwork how many is being transferred.
    If the nursing manager confirms 1 transferred and Crinone dosage, I'd be one very very angry woman
    Good luck hun and let us know how it goes. I hope it gets sorted out before your ET on wed

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cassidy- how did your beta go yesterday hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call Update:

Waiting to Stim:
    - @clucky14
    - @LolaR
    - @tammyln
    - @Lbaines101
    -@MrsSingh -sept

Stimming right now
    -

Waiting for ET/FET in June
    - @hopefulangel1987
    - @OneOfTheseDays -wed 1/6
    - @Ashe87 (?)
    - @sonnico
    -tjuls

Hugs Needed
    - @Mimimoo- waiting for (stubborn) cysts to burst
    @LillyM
    -@StephyG
    -

PUPO
    - @Cassidy- beta 27/5

Graduates
    - @VickyP- 9weeks - EDD?
    - @RainbowLorikeet- 11 weeks
    - @MissTilly- 18 weeks
    - @onedaymaybebaby- 1st beta 400! EDD 21st Feb 2017 (? sorry hun I've forgotten ur EDD )
    - @ABG79- 1st beta 360
    - @Lilpingu- 1st beta 480

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your kind and wise words @VickyP and @tjuls! I think I'm just so nervous (as we all are each cycle) and moving from a 'known' with Monash into an 'unknown' with Primary has rattled me a little. I've also been feeling bad since posting as I don't want anyone to think anything ill of Primary in Melbourne, as I really have been happy with them on a whole....I just kinda snapped today with one too many 'hmmmm.....that doesn't seem right'....moments.
    I will definitely just call on Monday and see if they can send me a copy of our signed protocol agreement, so I can say 'see, this is what we agreed on'. Simple.
    I think they only have the one nurse on at the moment, and she is clearly working overtime and is just and wanting to share her experience and knowledge. I guess I just feel that we've been around the block a few times and know what works (and doesn't) for us, and I just didn't expect the extra hurdles
    Again, thank you! I certainly feel better even just for venting.
    Ok, enough about me - thinking of you all on here, wether you are pregnant, PUPO or waiting....it's a rollercoaster, and I commend you all for staying on it! xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I've been on nights so I've been working or sleeping

Beta was negitive but I've been bleeding since 5dp5dt so knew that anyway.

Good news 4 frozen embryos all excellent quality.

So need to ring Monday to make an appointment to talk about our cycle and organise or FET

Congrats to @ABG79 and @Lilpingu

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating time with poor communication. Hope when you speak to them on Monday you manage to get it all sorted and they have a better understanding of your needs.
    @Cassidy boo to your BFN! But awesome you've got 4 good frosties! Wishing you much success on your next cycle.

Happy Sunday lovelies, hope you all have an awesome day xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays, vent/rant away darling! All these wonderful ladies are super understanding! I think it's the only thing that can keep us sane through these crazy times! Especially when you had agreed on a protocol with the dr and the nurse is changing it! I'd be in a world of 'what the?' too if I was you but congrats on such a great fert number! Bring on transfer day!!! Hopefully you can still do 2!!

We had reason to celebrate again on Friday night with friends & family! We found out on Wednesday what we're having! A baby girl!!! So stoked! So I made a cake and hollowed out the middle and filled it with pink lollies! I had my little sister cut the cake to reveal the gender to our friends & family! Such a great night!! We're 20 weeks today ~ officially half way!!!

Big hugs to those in need of some and massive congrats the new 'graduates' ~ frigging love @tjuls roll calls! @Billie2 would be proud ☺️😘

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTilly For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (30-05-2016),OneOfTheseDays  (29-05-2016),StephyG  (30-05-2016)