Closed Thread
Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nice to hear from you @MrsSingh!!

Wishing you the best of luck with EPU @hopefulangel1987!! Have a great snooze and hope to hear of ur experience this afternoon

Good luck with ET @ABG79 and @LillyM !!! That emby holds on and burrow deep.
    I just realised we may have another run in today with the 3 of you ladies there at the Day Surgery.
    @LillyM- What a way to rub salt into an already sore wound . I'm sorry to hear that hun. The good news is all 3 of your embies are still fighting.
    Primary ( and other clinics) has a different way of grading their embryos.

As far as my knowledge of embryo grading goes, there are 3 standards of embryo grading- The Spainish way, The UK way, and the US way. I know Genea grades their embryo according to the Spainish way. So they give grades to different components of their embryo- either hatching or not hatching, 2 distinct cells- inner cell mass (forms the embryo) and trophoblast ( forms the placenta) and the ratio of the cavity. Primary however, uses the UK grading system- where they give grades 1-5 according to the number of cell divisions ( how well the cells divide) and the degree of fragmentation ( this reflects quality). 1 being the best quality, 5 being the worst quality. If embryos have gotten to the blast stage and are already hatching by themselves they automatically give the blast a grade 1.

So to answer to your question hun- the last 3 embryos that I had transferred were all grade 1. 2 were starting to hatch. So by all definition they should have implanted or the most likely to implant. So while your Day 3 embies are classed as grade 2 and 3- it does not mean it wont implant or arent good quality embryos. Day 3 embies can do just as well and can lead to pregnancies as much as a day 5 blast can.
    Have some faith hun and I hope ur emby can prove to us all that day 3 embies can lead to a baby.

xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with @tjuls. Based on what I have read, the way clinics grade embryos vary so much that I think it's hardly a reliable way to determine the outcome.
    @tjuls - I never cease to be amazed at your knowledge! My gosh!

Stay positive @LillyM! It'll be fantastic to welcome your bean home to its oven where it'll thrive better than in a dish. Need the brain to tell the body to keep the immune system at bay and allow beanie to implant and grow!

You have 3 strong warriors this time and that's a good sign! I hope the other 2 beans continue to grow well and make it to freezing too!

All the best! Sending you lots of baby dust and good vibes! 😘🎉🎉

Good luck too @ABG79 and @hopefulangel1987! 💪🏻💪🏻

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, good to hear...

Yeah I'm trying to not over analyse things at this point, no need for that and it won't change a thing.

Happy to have something to transfer considering our numbers! Just hoping they're still be around tonight.

Btw I'm transferring 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it gets very hard to not over analyse @LillyM. I think we get to a point where we have to say f*** it, one foot in front of the other and see where it takes us.
    I'm glad to hear you are transferring 2 .. I wanted to make that suggestion to you actually...haha..

I'm sorry ladies if I sound like a Miss-Know-It- All. I'm just sharing what I've learnt . I dont mean to come across like I have a big head..haha
    Tbh I did my Masters degree on IVF a couple of years ago and I have a few friends who currently work for Genea. So I was living and breathing IVF a few years ago before we had even started to try for #2. Hubby wanted to try earlier but I was stubborn( and arrogant) - I wanted to complete my studies first and that it wouldnt take us long since DS took us 1 mnth to conceive.
    Little did I know that it would take us this long and also going down the IVF path. It was like the universe was laughing in my face- You studied IVF, how about you do IVF!!
    But what this journey has taught me is perspective. Living through infertility first hand is completely different to studying it. I'm living through the heartaches, the dissapointments, the whole emotional rollercoaster ride that is IVF and I'm forever grateful to be in the company of you ladies. So I'm always happy to share information of what I know and I hope that doesn't come across intimidating for lurkers to join or for our current group to ask. Besides... I have some questions of my own that books cant answer and experience can

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Ashe87  (16-05-2016),StephyG  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls you're the best!

As a so caring person and with this knowledge of yours, you're a priceless asset to this thread! What big head? Are you kidding?
    Everyone is asking you endless questions to which you patiently always answer...

We're lucky to have you dear friend

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls so thankful to have you here! And that you're willing to share all your knowledge with us! You are a star! Xx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (16-05-2016),tjuls  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LillyM my transfer is 3:15, we are still waiting. Good luck with your transfer Hun, hopefully we both get our BFP! Xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABG79 For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (16-05-2016),tjuls  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ABG79, how exciting! It's happening right now for you!!

Sending you the most positive vibes!!

Really happy to share this part of the journey with you and yes, fingers crossed for us both!! Xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyM For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to share
    You both are going to be the nxt to get ur BFP @ABG79 @LillyM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you kidding me @tjuls? We are SO lucky to have you around to share your knowledge! So I am not kidding - you probably provide more help and info than the docs! Is there a reason why you are not working in an IVF clinic? Sorry if it's a personal question - you don't have to answer if you don't want to, I am just curious that's all. I think you would be AMAZING at it btw.

You ladies will ace this for sure @ABG79 and @LillyM! Come on BFPs, we need more this month (and next, and next...)

@hopefulangel1987, how did you EPU go? How are you feeling hun? Rest up - time to boss the other half around with chores while you enjoy some well deserved rest. LOL.