Yay good news @LillyM goodluck x
Can someone tell me what a typical day of EPU is? Every little detail helps lol
Typical EPU day: (ladies feel free to add if I've missed something out
- arrive at day surgery desk, sign papers, process payments and then u wait at the reception area u til the nurse calls ur name.
- once they call ur name, u and DH go into a small room where they ask u to confirm ur identity, weight etc. They will ask u to remove all clothing, jewellery, shoes etc and put on a gown. Similar to gown we get at scans. Then abit more waiting with DH
- when it's ur turn, they move u to another room while they prepare for EPU. FS will come in, ask to confirm identity again, ask time and day u triggered. This was when I got told I may be at risk of ohss because of the number of follies but confirmation after EPU.
- when everything is ready for u. Nurse will ask DH to go upstairs to give sample while u get ushered to theatre room
- u lie on the table, confirm ur details again. Anaesthetist puts the canula in ur arm, FS and nurses will be chatting away and then u get knocked out within 30secs of the canula going in...hahah..The best part I reckon.
- wake up in recovery. Lie for another 20mins-30mins
- transfer u to the seated recovery room where they tell u how many eggs they retrieved, u get given tea or coffee and biscuits. They monitor u if u get side effects from the anaesthetic.
- you get given info about what to do after EPU, rest, fluids etc
- then u're given the all clear to go home and wait for the fertilisation rate the nxt day.
I hope I haven't missed anything..haha..
You will be alright hun.
@tjuls is spot on @hopefulangel1987 😊 I honestly stressed so much, was an anxious wreck, couldn't stop crying, completely overwhelmed! But after I was like, wow that was nothing! Which I knew would be the case but the unknown got to me beforehand lol!
Well the line is getting darker so hoping things are going to plan so far 😊
ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1463272734.386612.jpg
Thankyou @tjuls @onedaymaybebaby makes me feel better knowing what exactly happens, cant wait just to be put under lol. How long are you normally at the clinic? Where did DH wait?
So exciting defintly getting darker @onedaymaybebaby really happy for you hun x
Ive been getting pains in my lower abdoman (bearable) but just like a very heavy uncomfortable feeling especially when sitting down, is this normal?
I'd say around 1.5 - 2hrs @hopefulangel1987. Forgot to mention that DH will meet up with u in the recovery room. So u both get the news together
It's normal to be feeling the heaviness. It's the ovaries filling up with follicles- a good sign
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!