Closed Thread
Page 22 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling all excited for you both @LillyM and @ABG79! Now we have got something to keep us entertained! LOL.

All the best for EPU @LillyM, I am really praying for you!

Rest up for the weekend @ABG79 to prepare to welcome beanie home! Woohoo!

I hope you are feeling better @tjuls and @clucky14. Well, given that we don't see the FS that often, I would just live with it @tjuls. For me, the nurses are the ones who have made the difference. Seems like the FS are just machines to churn out referral forms and prescriptions anyway. But that's just my thinking.
    @clucky14, take the time to read up on the suggestions and if you feel up for it, give them a go and see. Keep us updated ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. Just caught up on posts and wishing you all individually the very best.
    @hopefulangel1987, I had the lupron/lucrin trigger in January, it was only confirmed 2 days before, then freeze all and fet in March (delayed a month because of polyp surgery) which worked so although the delay is frustrating it's a very good thing. I had bloating and constipation after epu but it only lasted less than a week. Whichever trigger you end up using, I hope you can relax and know that you're in good hands.
    @tjuls sorry to hear about your fs appointment. I had Dr L as my fs, Dr G for epu and Dr McD for et. My fs appointments did feel rushed, even the one where I waited for 2 hours and Dr L apologized for the delay and said don't worry you'll get all the time you need, I still felt she was rushed, but I think they are just so busy, and I like to think that they do at least do what they can, they prioritise what's really important, and any questions they don't answer they simply don't know... I think I was lucky with et, as it took several attempts, as apparently it was very hard for them because they needed to position it at different angle because I'm a funny shape, but I really hope it doesn't make a difference who you get, and that the care and outcome would be the same. Can you ask the nurses questions instead? They might be able to check and come back to you. I hope that if the protocol doesn't change it's because they just need to try again and you'll get your bfp!!!!!!

Afm, I had 9 week scan last week and relieved I'm still pregnant as the symptoms i'd had of nausea and acute tiredness had gone away. Now 10.5 weeks and the wait continues! Sending very best wishes to all of you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowLorikeet For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (13-05-2016),VickyP  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RainbowLorikeet thankyou for sharing! Im going to buy Lucrin this afternoon (most likely will need to trigger tomorrow but wont be confirmed until my BT and scan today). From memory FS said it cost $300? Is it easy to use ? I will try and relax after EPU lol right now ill be my usual self of where I analyse and stress over everything 😂😂😂😂

Good news on your scan x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (13-05-2016),tjuls  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls awhile ago, I asked if i could see a diffrent FS (because of scheduling) and the answer was no, dont know if that helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefulangel1987, yes it was $300 for the lucrin/lupron trigger, but I only went to buy it when instructed by the nurses from the pharmacy next to primary Ivf George st Sydney. The pharmacist asked to see the text message from the nurse instructing me to buy it. It is easy to use. You need to draw up the amount of medication from the vial with the needle, then inject as usual. I ended up taking it in the cool bag and injecting it in a restaurant toilets while my friend was waiting! Strangely it comes in a box with heaps of injections and lots of alcohol swabs. But you only need one. Like the other injections it doesn't hurt but I had a minor stress on the loss because I couldn't open the needle packet, and I think I used my keys in the end. And also stressed a bit about injecting at the exact time, as I think I ended up being 2 mins late, but it's very easy really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefulangel1987 I remember I got BT result on Wednesday and went to buy lucrin in the afternoon and injected in evening. It was a bit tricky getting to the pharmacy mid-afternoon from work but I was lucky as I was able to pop out. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @RainbowLorikeet thankyou i bought the Lucrin just after my scan..

OK SO 9 MATURE FOLLIES ON THE RIGHT AND 4 ON THE LEFT.... Is this good?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @hopefulangel1987, those numbers are sounding fantastic!

So happy to hear of your scan results and that everything's travelling smoothly @RainbowLorikeet! Hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (13-05-2016),RainbowLorikeet  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I just came back from EPU and I'm ****ED!

Dr G. extracted only 3 eggs out of my 5 (which is a low enough number as it is), when they gave me my number I was in shock!
    So I asked to see her, and AS USUAL, typically Dr G. style, she didn't give me an answer. It was like she wasn't understanding me or dodging the question.

My question was simple though: I had 5 good size, you collected 3, what happened to the 2 others?

Couldn't get an answer to this. All I got was: we usually don't take them all, only 60-70%.
    That is so much bs!!! In my 2 previous cycles, the totality was extracted each time, and even more, the little ones too.

So I just feel tired, upset and depressed: all this work, this increase of dosage, the 3 injections daily... all that for that??!!

Obviously with a so low number, we can forget now about a day 5 transfer, not gonna happen. So Monday it is, that is is we have something to transfer....

DF was so mad at her, he's starting doubting her skills... I mean, 2 out of 5 eggs, it's almost half of it! To us it makes a huge difference.
    And 3 doesn't make sense - at the last scan I had 13, 15, 15, 18 and 20mm eggs. If it was 4 eggs because the 13 one wasn't ready, ok. But 2? Which ones and why?
    Soooooo confused.

Anyway I wonder now... what happens to the eggs that remains in my body? Am I gonna ovulate or something? @tjuls need your professional input!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowLorikeet View Post
    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. Just caught up on posts and wishing you all individually the very best.
    @hopefulangel1987, I had the lupron/lucrin trigger in January, it was only confirmed 2 days before, then freeze all and fet in March (delayed a month because of polyp surgery) which worked so although the delay is frustrating it's a very good thing. I had bloating and constipation after epu but it only lasted less than a week. Whichever trigger you end up using, I hope you can relax and know that you're in good hands.
    @tjuls sorry to hear about your fs appointment. I had Dr L as my fs, Dr G for epu and Dr McD for et. My fs appointments did feel rushed, even the one where I waited for 2 hours and Dr L apologized for the delay and said don't worry you'll get all the time you need, I still felt she was rushed, but I think they are just so busy, and I like to think that they do at least do what they can, they prioritise what's really important, and any questions they don't answer they simply don't know... I think I was lucky with et, as it took several attempts, as apparently it was very hard for them because they needed to position it at different angle because I'm a funny shape, but I really hope it doesn't make a difference who you get, and that the care and outcome would be the same. Can you ask the nurses questions instead? They might be able to check and come back to you. I hope that if the protocol doesn't change it's because they just need to try again and you'll get your bfp!!!!!!

Afm, I had 9 week scan last week and relieved I'm still pregnant as the symptoms i'd had of nausea and acute tiredness had gone away. Now 10.5 weeks and the wait continues! Sending very best wishes to all of you.
    oh @RainbowLorikeet.. soo glad you are doing well hun with the added bonus of early departure of MS .. a whole different waiting game now isnt it?
    I know the FS are overworked.. I was having a moment yesterday .
    I'm alot calmer now and ALOT more rational ..hahaha..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

RainbowLorikeet  (13-05-2016)