Closed Thread
Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I couldnt help myself so I called the nurses. She said its the american brand of Lupron .... its a once off and ill need to do a FET next month to let my body recover this month.. sucks to wait but beats getting really sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BT done yay fingers crossed I can start this month and my hormone levels arnt as high as last month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done @hopefulangel1987 for ringing the nurse!!
    I'm glad u got that cleared up hun. I might have to go back to my readings if thats the case...haha.. And I'm getting my meds mixed up..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls feel free to double check with FS lol everything online says the same thing as you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Came back from apptment with DrG and all I can say is -that apptment was utterly useless and I'm very disappointed.
    But first- @hopefulangel1987- sorry hun- i just read through what i wrote about Lucrin and Lupron and I got my agonist and antagonist mixed up ..haha
    I didnt even have time to ask your question with DrG because she was eager to kick us out. I didnt get all my questions answered and I had to dig and dig at her because she was beating around the bush about my trigger question. Even hubby got impatient with her!
    Anyways looked online in our hospital medications info website and it says Lucrin is an GnRH analogue ( same as Lupron). so the nurse was right.
    lucrin.jpg

Sorry I'm going to have a rant ladies.
    As I said earlier, today's apptment was useless. I know they cant tell us why good quality embryos dont implant even when the lining is good. I get that. But surely they can explain why I had to trigger in one cycle and not in the other, ffs. I felt like DrG was avoiding the questions today. She finally gave us the answer after 5 mins of pestering from me and I wasnt going to leave until I got an explanation. Here is her answer ( in short)

FET #1- with Pregnyl trigger- because E2 was high with mature follicle at 20mm but LH was still low- so it looked like my body was ready to ovulate but the ovulation mechanism looked like it wasnt going to kick in. So for scheduling purposes I was advised to trigger.
    FET#2- no trigger- E2 and follicle maturation looked like good and LH ( ovulation mechanism) was kicking in, so I was allowed to ovulate on my own.

I also asked to up my Oripro to twice daily next FET but she didnt think I needed it. She said in a natural FET, we only need a little bit of progesterone to help with implantation. As a compromise- she agreed to move me to Endometrium pessaries 100mg twice daily.

There were some more questions I wanted to ask- hopefulangel's question, cd21 prog monitoring during tww, ultrasound guided ET etc etc. But she looked like she had enough and passed us the FET consent forms to sign and that was it.

The other down side is we have to wait this cycle out before we can do another FET- so June it is
    I'm cheering you ladies on from the sidelines.. hope May is a good month for you all
    xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

LillyM  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @ABG79, I hope you get some time off to rest. At least the weekend's coming. Hope you feel better soon hun.

@hopefulangel1987, sorry to hear about the FET. I wasn't given a different trigger - just did it with Ovidrel. I had no clue I was going to come down with OHSS (no sign, no warning). It was only during EPU that Dr McD dropped the bomb on me to say that ET has to be cancelled due to large number of eggs retrieved and that I will come down with ohss. (I was like "WTH is that?!") It was afterwards (especially the next day) that I got totally whacked by it. Then I read up on ohss while trying to deal with the symptoms.

Not sure what Lucrin / Lupron does - and why it already means FET hun. Sorry. Equally confused. I know that sometimes they will adjust the trigger to reduce the risk of ohss, so that the fresh transfer can continue, but Not sure how it applies to you. Agree with @tjuls though, if e2 is really high, it might be a good idea to rest for a month. Otherwise, it can get very dangerous. (I was on the verge of being hospitalised and if I had a fresh transfer then, I can't imagine what it would have been like because a bfp spikes the e2 further).
    @clucky14 - YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! What good news!
    Last edited by VickyP; 12-05-2016 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls that sounds like a seriously frustrating appointment and I am so sorry that is how it went as you had high hopes! Sending you best wishes and take a relaxing cycle ready for next time round! 🤗

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lbaines101 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that the apt didn't go as planned @tjuls. Bugger.

I have to agree, I also feel rushed by Dr G in most cases. In and out of there in 5 mins and you don't get much details. it feels like she is reluctant to share the scientific information and being the scientist you are, it must be pretty annoying. I have to say I tend to give up easily so I don't try to probe as much, but I can understand that given the various protocols you have had, you would want to know what, why and how. I am suspecting that they hardly have answers themselves as to why it works / not work, so the less they say, the safer it is?

Good ol' roley poley in the meantime?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Lbaines101 @VickyP for the support.. I'm alot calmer now..hahaha
    I agree @VickyP- the less they say the better it is for them.
    In the meantime, good ol' roley poleys it is !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls that must of been so frustrating, totally understand about the rushed FS appointments. My last appointment was rushed, she didnt really go into anything and everytime I'd ask a question she would give a 1 word answer. June is not far away hun hopefully its our month 🤗

@VickyP thanks, so much to learn... She said it will defintely be FET.. Hopefully ill get a bfp in the FET like you 😁

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (12-05-2016),VickyP  (12-05-2016)