Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Tahli call
    May
    Cycling

@skye76 - start stims 18/5
    @Green lady- Day 6 report 4/5 - 2 embies for PGD testing (approx. 3 weeks)

@Ange1111 - ? start stims

TWTorture

@tegs26- Zlin DE - Day 5 DET 10/5
    @tuxcat- Day 5 SET 10/5
    @Deskar - Ongoing BT's
    @Bradders - Day 4 FTET 13/5

Graduates

@MamaKes- BT 3/5 - BFP! - viability scan 26/5
    @Precious40- BT 5/5 - BFP!
    @Gen72- BT 2/5 - BFP!
    @Gagingi - BFP! Viability scan - singleton
    @Molros - BFP! Viability scan - singleton

TLC

@infinity888
    @Caesardust
    @Summer
    @calypso75
    @Twiglets
    @maxwellsmum

Investigations, procedures and scans

@Bongley - 24 week scan 13/5 - still just 1 in there

Awaiting DE

@Blossom74 - EDA - PD found 8/5
    @winsor - EDA

Babies due

@JulieMalooley - C section scheduled for 24th (B/G twins)

June
    @midnite01- Start stims 1/6
    @ECM1981 - CT DE ? EPU 9/10th June
    @faithandhopellove - Induction 1st week of June
    @Lastchance75 - USA FET 13th June
    @Tahli - CT FET

July

@Corbes -EDD 17/7
    @Lolly99 -C section 30/ 7 (B/G twins)
    @Tinachris - Start stims - TBA
    @Lucky8 - start stims ?

August

@Charlie74 - OE FET

September

@Bongley - due date: 1st

October
    @Amie999 - DE
    @Felicity Fox - EDD 19th

December
    @AnnaMM - EDD 19th

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Bongley  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),Rhino  (16-05-2016),Tahli  (15-05-2016),tuxcat  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your patience girls while I dealt with some telstra issues.

I am going to do a bit of a brief summary of the feedback for the possible pregnancy thread because I think some good points were made. First off I will recap by saying the idea for an offshoot group came about for 2 reasons -
    1. Some TTCer's find it challenging to hear from the pregnant 'graduates' when they themselves are still struggling to conceive
    2. The pregnant ladies post less on this thread but many of us want to keep up with their progress and support them in their journey

I will add to that and say that it has become apparent that there is a need for an appropriate group to talk about pregnancy issues for us veteran TTCer's that is not met with existing groups on Bubhub.

Our options are:
    • Keep one forum and include both the pregnancy and TTC posts
    • Start an open forum for graduates
    • Re-open the private forum for graduates
    Observations for option 1
    • There were quite a few ladies who expressed that they found it encouraging to hear of others success and progress and welcome the continuing contribution of graduates in the IVF over 40 group
    • This forum is familiar and comfortable with no reintroductions necessary
    • @Winsor made a great point that moving to a pregnancy forum in early pregnancy when a loss may occur is a difficult step.
    Option 2: Open forum
    • We have a couple of ladies who expressed a preference for an open forum
    • An open forum would enable those who want to keep up with the pregnant ladies (but are not pregnant themselves) to read posts, encourage and support or ask questions
    • You don't need to be invited to join in the conversation, which leaves it open for non-graduates of the IVF over 40 group to join (this could be a positive or a negative).
    • No privacy to discuss more personal issues, post photos or information that might identify the poster
    Option 3: Private thread
    • There is an already existing thread available to use (thanks BiBV and Emski)
    • Able to post photo's and other information without concern for privacy
    • Only invited graduates are allowed in (no drive by BFP's, unhappily pregnant ladies or 'stirrers').
    So there's a rough summary girls. From reading the feedback so far I think most people are happy with the idea of a graduates board but only a couple of people have expressed a preference for either an open or private thread. Any further comments/ preferences? Are there any other options that you would like to discuss?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (15-05-2016),MamaKes  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),Tahli  (15-05-2016),tuxcat  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Thanks for your patience girls while I dealt with some telstra issues.

I am going to do a bit of a brief summary of the feedback for the possible pregnancy thread because I think some good points were made. First off I will recap by saying the idea for an offshoot group came about for 2 reasons -
    1. Some TTCer's find it challenging to hear from the pregnant 'graduates' when they themselves are still struggling to conceive
    2. The pregnant ladies post less on this thread but many of us want to keep up with their progress and support them in their journey

I will add to that and say that it has become apparent that there is a need for an appropriate group to talk about pregnancy issues for us veteran TTCer's that is not met with existing groups on Bubhub.

Our options are:
    • Keep one forum and include both the pregnancy and TTC posts
    • Start an open forum for graduates
    • Re-open the private forum for graduates
    Observations for option 1
    • There were quite a few ladies who expressed that they found it encouraging to hear of others success and progress and welcome the continuing contribution of graduates in the IVF over 40 group
    • This forum is familiar and comfortable with no reintroductions necessary
    • @Winsor made a great point that moving to a pregnancy forum in early pregnancy when a loss may occur is a difficult step.
    Option 2: Open forum
    • We have a couple of ladies who expressed a preference for an open forum
    • An open forum would enable those who want to keep up with the pregnant ladies (but are not pregnant themselves) to read posts, encourage and support or ask questions
    • You don't need to be invited to join in the conversation, which leaves it open for non-graduates of the IVF over 40 group to join (this could be a positive or a negative).
    • No privacy to discuss more personal issues, post photos or information that might identify the poster
    Option 3: Private thread
    • There is an already existing thread available to use (thanks BiBV and Emski)
    • Able to post photo's and other information without concern for privacy
    • Only invited graduates are allowed in (no drive by BFP's, unhappily pregnant ladies or 'stirrers').
    So there's a rough summary girls. From reading the feedback so far I think most people are happy with the idea of a graduates board but only a couple of people have expressed a preference for either an open or private thread. Any further comments/ preferences? Are there any other options that you would like to discuss?

I love these ideas. I'm torn between private and open. I would love to share photos etc. But privately. Is it easier on a private/closed group on Facebook? I'm just throwing out ideas
    I would still read this post. I've been reading this post for many years now and have seen the likes of vix, emski, bib and others become mamas. I might take a break once in a while. But I always know I can pop back in and see a few familiar faces. Graduates

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @tuxcat Any POAS action? You're in my thoughts.
    @tegs26 Are you waiting until Australian Monday night to POAS?
    I hope your second line is darkening up for you @Deskar.
    Good luck girls, .

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Gagingi  (15-05-2016),tuxcat  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think two boards are essential -

Our current one, for those still on the TTC journey. With our ages and other factors in mind I also believe that our pregnant ladies should be able to stay on here for support up to the 12 week mark, and also be able to continue to provide support to others indefinitely.

A graduates board which we can all access, so we can opt in or out of pregnancy related chat and keep up to date with our friends. Things like birthing options, setting up nurseries, how your pregnancy is progressing, finances after birth, that sort of thing.

At the crux of it, this is a TTC board and members should never be afraid to come and read here and seek support. I think it's important to be mindful of that. We can probably all appreciate that it is hard for some people to feel sympathy for someone with morning sickness when you can't get double lines yourself.

I do, however, think it is important to continue with birth announcements and BFP announcements. These provide encouragement to others that the journey we are on is possible

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Charlie74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (15-05-2016),Lolly99  (15-05-2016),Molros  (16-05-2016),Monty73  (15-05-2016),Petal40  (15-05-2016),tuxcat  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Countrygirl72. The next date I can logistically make work for a transfer is Fri 10th June. I'd know the outcome before my apt with Wazza on Fri 24th June.
    I've had absolutely no response from my CT FS even though I marked the email URGENT. I've just unpacked my CT bag and am both sad and incredibly mad that 0.6mm of lining made all the difference.
    Last edited by Tahli; 15-05-2016 at 10:14.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Countrygirl72  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Lolly99  (15-05-2016),Rhino  (16-05-2016),Tinachris  (15-05-2016),tuxcat  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli nah no poas yet, I might do one tomorrow but Im not eager as I know its gonna stay white. If it was a de cycle I would have started yesterday!! My HCG in prev pregnancies has always been between 450-500 at 17dpo so with that in mind Id reckon i would maybe get a positive around 11, maybe earlier. But yeah, theres no real hope left on this one, only that minuscule amount that maybe a miracle could happen. I haven't been thinking about it much TBH. Ive got nausea but I always get that leading up to AF and its a bit more pronounced due to the progesterone Im guessing. Have had the odd twinge but its usually been from today 10dpo onwards that I would get any sense of feeling something, but Im already ready to move on to life after my OE thing failed!!! Im sure I will still get upset but hey, its not like I wasn't expecting it.

I cant believe the 0.6mm would make any bloody difference either, i think its overkill. BUT maybe it isn't and the next go everything will line up perfectly for you. Im sad for you and angry too, its hard to feel the reasoning behind it all.
    @faithandhopellove I agree with @Blossom74 that this thread needs to stay as is with the odd baby update from our grads but mainly for support in this sh!tty process!! I guess I love to hear the updates but in saying that, its not the sole focus so perhaps if it became more regular and more intense it might feel hard to be here sometimes. Then for the other thread I will leave that up to those ladies who are presently going to use it. Whatever happens that will be ok with me. Then when we all get there too, we know its been well thought out!

The one thing I strongly disagree with is swapping over to FB. I like BH to be separate from RL stuff and I personally don't feel comfortable sharing really personal information on something that has my friends/old work mates and family on it even if it is suppose to be private. Here, you can be as sharing as you like, and conversely as anon as you like and thats the way I prefer things. Its why these forums work so well because you can feel completely comfortable talking about issues that don't officially have your name attached to them. and keeping it all in one place means less time too-ing and fro-ing. But if the grads want to move on to FB then thats your decision, Im happy in here for now and may or may not move on to a grads thread anyway. HTH

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Charlie74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (15-05-2016),Monty73  (15-05-2016),Rhino  (16-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I think two boards are essential -

Our current one, for those still on the TTC journey. With our ages and other factors in mind I also believe that our pregnant ladies should be able to stay on here for support up to the 12 week mark, and also be able to continue to provide support to others indefinitely.

A graduates board which we can all access, so we can opt in or out of pregnancy related chat and keep up to date with our friends. Things like birthing options, setting up nurseries, how your pregnancy is progressing, finances after birth, that sort of thing.

At the crux of it, this is a TTC board and members should never be afraid to come and read here and seek support. I think it's important to be mindful of that. We can probably all appreciate that it is hard for some people to feel sympathy for someone with morning sickness when you can't get double lines yourself.

I do, however, think it is important to continue with birth announcements and BFP announcements. These provide encouragement to others that the journey we are on is possible
    I agree with this@Blossom74

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),MamaKes  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    I agree with this@Blossom74
    Me too!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Actually, I thought the only thing in question was what was to happen once you graduated off this TTC thread??

i.e What kind of thread did the graduates want?? An open one like this TTC one or did they want to utilise the Private and locked one?? If you want that thread then @emski72 and I will happily pass over the baton to 2 new Admins

This thread has always been a TTC thread and it always will be. That's not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Molros  (16-05-2016),skye76  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)