Thanks for your patience girls while I dealt with some telstra issues.
I am going to do a bit of a brief summary of the feedback for the possible pregnancy thread because I think some good points were made. First off I will recap by saying the idea for an offshoot group came about for 2 reasons -
1. Some TTCer's find it challenging to hear from the pregnant 'graduates' when they themselves are still struggling to conceive
2. The pregnant ladies post less on this thread but many of us want to keep up with their progress and support them in their journey
I will add to that and say that it has become apparent that there is a need for an appropriate group to talk about pregnancy issues for us veteran TTCer's that is not met with existing groups on Bubhub.
Our options are:
Observations for option 1
- Keep one forum and include both the pregnancy and TTC posts
- Start an open forum for graduates
- Re-open the private forum for graduates
Option 2: Open forum
- There were quite a few ladies who expressed that they found it encouraging to hear of others success and progress and welcome the continuing contribution of graduates in the IVF over 40 group
- This forum is familiar and comfortable with no reintroductions necessary
- @Winsor made a great point that moving to a pregnancy forum in early pregnancy when a loss may occur is a difficult step.
Option 3: Private thread
- We have a couple of ladies who expressed a preference for an open forum
- An open forum would enable those who want to keep up with the pregnant ladies (but are not pregnant themselves) to read posts, encourage and support or ask questions
- You don't need to be invited to join in the conversation, which leaves it open for non-graduates of the IVF over 40 group to join (this could be a positive or a negative).
- No privacy to discuss more personal issues, post photos or information that might identify the poster
So there's a rough summary girls. From reading the feedback so far I think most people are happy with the idea of a graduates board but only a couple of people have expressed a preference for either an open or private thread. Any further comments/ preferences? Are there any other options that you would like to discuss?
- There is an already existing thread available to use (thanks BiBV and Emski)
- Able to post photo's and other information without concern for privacy
- Only invited graduates are allowed in (no drive by BFP's, unhappily pregnant ladies or 'stirrers').