Closed Thread
Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    jeez @Tahli that does sound like extra stress for no good reason. 6 or 7 is ok from what I've read so I'm sure it'll all be fine. just tell them you've booked flights so would like to stick to the original plan/dates.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Tahli  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here's a question I want to put to the group. The IVF over 40 has traditionally been a group more for those TTC. Those people who have 'graduated' tend to post less and some not at all after they get their BFP. I think that has been a great reflection on the sensitivity of those to their still TTC sisters. But as we all know just getting the BFP is not the end of the road. Getting to the first scan, to 12 weeks, passing NIPT or nuchal scans etc is quite stressful. Even then a THB is not a guarantee and there are many more risks for the older mum to be.
    I personally am very keen to see how everyone is doing on their journey and continue to offer support. I also think that there are some great mum's on our site who have a wealth of knowledge about pregnancy related issues.
    Some of you know that there was a graduates board set up as a private forum to do just that. Unfortunately private was not private and other arrangements were made. My question is would anyone here be interested in a off shoot open forum?
    I have seen 8 week wait threads on other sites (you are basically 4 weeks by the time you get your BFP so adding 8 weeks gets you to the 12 week milestone) and I have also seen whole of pregnancy threads. My issue with an open over 40 and pregnant thread is that my first foray into that was that it was mostly 'accidentally' pregnant or natural cycles and some of these ladies were not happy about being pregnant. As veteran TTCer's that's not us. An open graduate thread would need to be carefully titled to discourage those who were unhappily pregnant from coming on to vent. Maybe keeping the IVF over 40 tag or something similar would help. What do you think girls? Any ideas? Is it too divisive? Would an open thread be too risky for people to post scan photo's and bump pics? Or is there another alternative that we can look at? of course those who are still TTC and comfortable with graduates updates would be more than welcome to post there too.
    I have seen a forum set up as TTC to THB for those that are comfortable but I wouldn't want to split what is essentially the best forum on BubHub.
    Graduates would still be welcome to post encouragement and advice on the TTC forum but keep their pregnancy updates for the new site.
    If anyone has a comment that they want to put up unnamed please PM me and I will repost as an anonymous comment or I'm sure one of the other ladies would be happy to do it if you are more comfortable messaging them.
    Finally i want to say that the decision will be made by the group and not me. I just want to hijack the board for a short period to see if this might be a partial solution.
    Now, What say you?

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (11-05-2016),Lolly99  (11-05-2016),MamaKes  (11-05-2016),midnite01  (11-05-2016),Tahli  (11-05-2016),tuxcat  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta @BlondeinBrisvegas. Yes, absolutely ridiculous. They won't let me do the scan on Saturday. They've made it clear in 4 emails. They want the result in CT on Friday so they can make a decision about whether to cancel or not. So 10am Friday it is.
    It's interesting you mention staying hydrated. Yesterday I was so thirsty which coincided with upping the estrogen. Same again today.
    @winsor As you advised, I was clear cut with them about my non-movable flights, hence the one sentence reply from them! It's all just a bit silly really.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Lolly99  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove great ideas. I'm happy either way. I didn't feel comfortable joining the locked pg forum until I reached 12wks+ (& then didn't). so if there was a new one I'd prob follow along but not post much - as it's nice to hear how you're all going and I learn things which will be helpful when we're pg again. I'm a creature of habit & will prob stay in here most of the time as it's just one spot to check. but a new one might make me branch out more if it's setup. so basically I'm ok either way

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove an IVF over 40 pregnancy thread sounds like a great idea in theory. I've had a look at the DIG threads, but we're in a very different boat to the young ins who have fallen naturally and even to most of the IVF ladies as many are younger and have conceived with their first or second transfer and then have several frosties - something many of us dream about. At the same time, whilst TTC and being on this thread I have always been interested in anything we hear from pregnant ladies in our group, or those that have a bub, and have learnt a lot from them. I'd seen with friends who were pregnant through IVF how stressed they were after their BFP and had thought that was just them, to then get a BFP and find out that it's horrendously stressful. So a forum would be great. I wonder though if those TTC do object to us all using the one forum? Over 40 pregnant ladies gave me hope whilst TTC and I've left forums where there is only bad news as it made me want to give up. My impression is that those that have left this forum have done so as their journey has come to an end or they are on a break? Thanks for putting it out there.
    Last edited by Gagingi; 11-05-2016 at 12:41.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (11-05-2016),MamaKes  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli sorry to hear how they are buggerising you around. That is extra frustrating when your first scan sounded on track. When do you need to start progesterone to line up your scheduled transfer date and implantation window?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Ok Girls...this is my idea....

I'm one of the Admin's (along with @emski72) that is on the private Over 40's IVF Pregnant and Parenting thread. As @faithandhopellove has pointed out, there was a bit of an incident that happened which resulted in almost all of us on that thread moving elsewhere to another place that @emski72 organised.

However (and this is where my idea comes in), the private thread here is still active and the Mods have assured us that the issue that happened fairly recently won't ever happen again. The original password has been changed to a new one and so this is what I propose....

I'm happy (and I'm sure @emski72 will be as well) to make another 2 Lovelies from here who have the time to dedicate to the cause Admin's of that thread which means that they'll be entrusted to give out the password to others whom they invite onto the thread. Other members can ask for people to be invited also but it's up to the Admin to give the password etc.

If you wanted to change the name of the thread, I'd be happy to shoot the Mods off a PM and explain what's going on so they can do that. That way past Lovelies like myself who are members of that thread would be able to still pop in occasionally and interact or answer questions plus for everyone else having a locked/private thread means you can share pics etc knowing that no one else can see what you post either here on BH or via search engines etc.

It would be good to have that thread continue on for the "next generation" of BFFP's coming through whilst at the same time providing a safe haven for everyone to share as much info as they feel comfortable with as well as for the Lovelies who don't want to join other social media outlets such as the group I'm in now (which is a secret group btw).

Anyhoo...something to think about....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Lolly99  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi Ta hun. Yeah, it's a lot of fuss for nothing really (unless the measurement goes backwards). I need to start my Gestone on Sunday for a transfer next Friday. xx

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),Gagingi  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    There's too much to catch up on here but I just thought I'd say I'm back! Needed some time out. Decided to switch to a low cost clinic and also stay with wazza/Charlotte as support with NK cells and scripts. Not ready to give up on my eggs as this failed cycle I got my first and only blasty so I think the wazza supplements might be helping eggies. I also just started dhea a few days ago too.
    Anyway, just thought I'd say hi. Sometimes you need to just sink away from all things IVF for a couple weeks.
    I'm a bit defeated in many ways but at least I can try some cheap cycles and see if anything comes of them. I really don't know what I'm doing, though. I guess just finding that spot in the sand to draw my line on my own eggs? Tina

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),Caesardust  (11-05-2016),Chiefsgirl  (11-05-2016),Countrygirl72  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Gagingi  (11-05-2016),Lolly99  (11-05-2016),tuxcat  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @faithandhopellove... I want to hug you - I would love to be part of an open thread for IVF over 40s BFP and parenting, thank you so much for putting the idea out there... when I was TTC I used to read through the old over 40s pregnancy and parenting thread before it went private and I thought it was wonderful - particularly the parenting advice but also as a place to share the pregnancy journey... It was great because I could dip in and out of the thread to see what life was like beyond TTC as well as see how the graduates from the TTC thread were going - it gave me hope and inspiration when I was up to it but if I wasn't then I would stay away. Now that I am finally pregnant - 17 weeks today (after 4.5 long years of IVF) - I was wishing the old thread was still around as I have had many questions so far but I don't feel like the TTC thread is the place to ask them... I knew so much about the TTC side of things but nothing about pregnancy! I could also have done with some hand holding in the nervous early days of my pregnancy, and now it would be nice to have some pregnancy buddies to share the experience with as it has been a little lonely so far as most offline friends have been there and done that - some are even starting to become grandparents! I would also love to be able to draw on the wealth of knowledge that the other over 40s mums have to offer as I know there will be lots of trial and error involved as I figure things out as a new mum, as well as suppport other ladies on their BFP journeys... and give back in some small way to this wonderful community.
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 11-05-2016 at 15:07.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (11-05-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-05-2016),Blossom74  (12-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (11-05-2016),Gagingi  (11-05-2016),Lolly99  (11-05-2016),MamaKes  (11-05-2016),winsor  (11-05-2016)