Closed Thread
Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1192
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what the issue was on the private thread was but what's to prevent it happening again on a private thread where everyone is lulled into a false sense of security and has let their guard down, shared really personal stuff because they felt like it was a secure environment and then further down the track had their trust violated... invitation only is good but it doesn't really help those that haven't graduated and lurkers who may want to pop in and out unnoticed....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Gagingi  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity Fox View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue was on the private thread was but what's to prevent it happening again on a private thread where everyone is lulled into a false sense of security and has let their guard down, shared really personal stuff because they felt like it was a secure environment and then further down the track had their trust violated... invitation only is good but it doesn't really help those that haven't graduated and lurkers who may want to pop in and out unnoticed....
    The issue involved a miscommunication between Mods that involved a "lurker" coming onto the thread for a day.

That thread has pictures of our LO's on it for a start hence the reason we wanted it locked down and private. Lurkers weren't & aren't welcome on that thread hence the password.

If you want lurkers etc then you make an open thread. The issue has been sorted out Mod to Mod & a new password issued. Guarantees have been made. I am also simplifying matters for the sake of not waffling on😊
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-05-2016 at 16:39.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),midnite01  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, that's why my preference is for an open thread... I didn't mean to offend.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity Fox View Post
    Yes, that's why my preference is for an open thread... I didn't mean to offend.
    You didn't Luv I'm just explaining why that thread is locked down & the need to control who has access to it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (15-05-2016),midnite01  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Just a thought ...

If there are people who wish to keep their pregnancies, pics of their children, and personal details private, then perhaps it might be best to consider making the Graduates a private thread?

Other members who want to share their private information can do so openly on other areas of the site anyway, but once personal information is out there, it's out there forever. Everyone is entitled to privacy, and I'd hate to think someone might feel they can't partake in the Pregnancy Graduates thread openly and honestly purely because they're worried about 'strangers' reading about their private life.

As new members come through the TTC thread we can always invite them up to the Graduates thread once we're comfortable with them.

Sorry F,H&L - we're not making this easy on you!
    That's the whole point @Blossom74. There are lots of things to consider and many views to take into account. We want to do what is best for the majority, not have a single person make a decision that suits them but leaves many others without a space. With so many BFP's of late I also didn't want to leave things until these people disappeared off the Hub because there was no appropriate space for them or worse still having the TTC thread overwhelmed with pregnancy posts.

A good honest discussion between us all is better than people leaving because their needs are not being met. Having said that there may be compromises to be made.

A couple of possibilities:
    1. A private thread could include TTCer's who want to be invited not just people who get BFP's. Hopefully that would eliminate people being left out and leave things open enough for TTCer's who are comfortable to see scan pics and baby bumps. This would also allow those who are struggling to bypass the thread but participate when they want to or when they get their own BFP.

2. Have an open thread for general discussions but a private one for pics and personal stuff. You could then refer to the fact you posted something to the private thread - e.g. "I have posted my 20 week scan picture on other thread".
    Or is that too confusing?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Felicity Fox  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),skye76  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think suggestion 2 is a great option @faithandhopellove but I'm fine with whatever is decided. Thanks again for bringing this up an an issue and taking the time to work through the options.
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 15-05-2016 at 16:50.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Gagingi  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Just a thought ...

If there are people who wish to keep their pregnancies, pics of their children, and personal details private, then perhaps it might be best to consider making the Graduates a private thread?

Other members who want to share their private information can do so openly on other areas of the site anyway, but once personal information is out there, it's out there forever. Everyone is entitled to privacy, and I'd hate to think someone might feel they can't partake in the Pregnancy Graduates thread openly and honestly purely because they're worried about 'strangers' reading about their private life.

As new members come through the TTC thread we can always invite them up to the Graduates thread once we're comfortable with them.

Sorry F,H&L - we're not making this easy on you!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    I think private, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting pics on an open thread. I'd still contribute but no pics
    Agree

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    That's the whole point @Blossom74. There are lots of things to consider and many views to take into account. We want to do what is best for the majority, not have a single person make a decision that suits them but leaves many others without a space. With so many BFP's of late I also didn't want to leave things until these people disappeared off the Hub because there was no appropriate space for them or worse still having the TTC thread overwhelmed with pregnancy posts.

A good honest discussion between us all is better than people leaving because their needs are not being met. Having said that there may be compromises to be made.

A couple of possibilities:
    1. A private thread could include TTCer's who want to be invited not just people who get BFP's. Hopefully that would eliminate people being left out and leave things open enough for TTCer's who are comfortable to see scan pics and baby bumps. This would also allow those who are struggling to bypass the thread but participate when they want to or when they get their own BFP.

2. Have an open thread for general discussions but a private one for pics and personal stuff. You could then refer to the fact you posted something to the private thread - e.g. "I have posted my 20 week scan picture on other thread".
    Or is that too confusing?

I like Option 1.

A private thread with the option for TTC'ers to also be able to join if they feel comfortable to do so. Bump pics, pregnancy chat, that sort of thing. You can then choose to opt out if you're going through a difficult time and just look at the TTC thread, and come back when you're ready.

Will be happy either way though hon, just go with the general consensus.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),skye76  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been on for a while but I just wanted to chime in on the current debate 😊

Firstly I just want to reiterate what has been said by many long term TTC'ers & that is that no one ever, ever has posted anything insensitive in regards to BFPs, pregnancy updates or birth notices. I think everyone has been incredibly sensitive to those of us having a hard time, and as every single one of the ladies have been where we have been, it is wonderful to be able to share in their joy. And I personally find it inspiring & it gives me hope that I might be one of those lucky ladies one day!

I would be one that would vote for a private thread for TTC graduates from this thread & others like the Wazza or DE threads that are sensitive to our journey & are invited to participate. I agree with @Blossom74 that those of us that aren't graduates yet that feel comfortable popping into that thread could be welcome so that we can keep in touch with our friends, yet give it a miss if we're having a hard week. I know that if I become a graduate I will absolutely have a million questions & will want to share my progress with friends I've made on here - I think a private graduates thread where we can be a little more personal would be awesome!

I also understand that it might be hard to participate in that one until the 12 week mark so there would be overlap for a while as that transition is made. And I would hope that the graduates would also pop back in here every now & then for support & encouragement 😊

That's my two cents worth! 💖

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-05-2016),Blossom74  (15-05-2016),Bongley  (15-05-2016),Chiefsgirl  (16-05-2016),faithandhopellove  (15-05-2016),Gagingi  (15-05-2016),Precious40  (15-05-2016),winsor  (15-05-2016)