Closed Thread
Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @wishing25 I tried to PM you but it says you've exceeded your storage! Popular girl. Hope all is OK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Rhino sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. Onthe upside at least that Dr was decent enough to be honest with you, even if itwasn’t what you wanted to hear…he could have just taken your money.
    I was doing acupuncture/Chinese Medicine from Jan 14 and westarted trying in Feb 14…I continued this until Dec 15…to be frank.
    To be honest…yes it probably is your eggs. If all is comingback as normal with your DH’s boys, chances are they are ok. The only othertest that Warren has done with my DP on top of the ‘usual’ was FISH & SCSA…theseare the ‘last resort’ tests as they are NOT covered by Medicare. But these oneswill have a BIG impact on fertilisation etc.
    I don’t believe anyone can say you DEFINITELY can’t getpregnant naturally, but as Warren said…how long do you want to wait for that ‘GoldenEgg’ and how much money do you have? But he was honest with us and told us notto waste our money on any further DE cycles with my sister (her AMH at 37 was1.9 and mine was 9.6 at 43) and to not to waste our money on another cycle withmy eggs (it would be number 9). We didn’t do another DE with my sister, but wedidn’t heed Warren’s advice and did another cycle with him (it was our firstwith him).
    Warren knew that traveling O/S wasn’t possible for us…soKnown Egg Donors it was for us. He had just become involved and they werekicking things off. I’m 5wks pregnant today!! That feels nice to say…so I haveto say all up it was a 16mths decision all up. It was about 13mths to decide touse my sister as my donor and that failed…then probably another 3mths to decideto go with the Know Egg Donors.
    The statistics that Warren also put to us was that I had a2% chance of falling pregnant with my eggs…and if I went to a nice younghealthy donor it would jump to about 60%.
    Something else you could consider is talking with acounsellor…we didn’t before we decided, however we had to do a counsellingsession with my sister and her partner before doing our DE cycle. And the thingthat I think we all get stuck with is the ‘genetics’ side of things. Tis wasn’tan issue for my partner as he is adopted and couldn’t understand why I wasgetting hung up on it. The counsellor was also really good with this. As hepointed out, genetically we as humans are all so close anyway and we share somany things…you as the woman that carries this baby ARE THE MOTHER. You mayalso want to read some info on epigenics. There was a link on one of the sites…itwas quite amazing. It discusses characteristics/traits of the mother carryingthe baby being passed on to the baby.
    If you want any details let me know…just know you haveoptions.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (17-05-2016),Chyna  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi are you sure it’s Jennifer Lopez…she had twins in2008. I think they worst thing about ‘famous’ people having babies in theirlater years, is they don’t always tell the truth…IE they used Donor Eggs. Andit can give woman a false sense of security in some ways. Not saying she did…Ithink she was about 46, but you’ll never really know.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chyna how’d it go? Oh just read the next post that it takes 5 to 7 days…urggh always so much waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    @Gagingi are you sure it’s Jennifer Lopez…she had twins in2008. I think they worst thing about ‘famous’ people having babies in theirlater years, is they don’t always tell the truth…IE they used Donor Eggs. Andit can give woman a false sense of security in some ways. Not saying she did…Ithink she was about 46, but you’ll never really know.
    It's Janet Jackson! She's 49!!! Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrr thanks @MamaKes ...but again...you'll never know if she did it on her own

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside how are you going lovely? I cant remember where you're at with ivf, what are we waiting for? What stage r we at? and, lol, what am i hoping and praying for at this stage for you? (a take home baby eventually-obviously -der) :-)
    AFM I skyped with dr nikos from embryoland last night and am ringing penny at serum monday night. Still tossing up about seeing charlotte. Oh, and waiting for my current FS to call me to discuss what he thinks i should do next too. I keep thinking what if my next try with my eggs works? But then i keep thinking, it wouldnt matter if i did 5 cycles, 10 cycles, 20 cycles, id still be wondering that anyway. Its actually funny how much i really dont care anymore about my own eggs. The other day i thought "what if my kid is nothing like me?" Then i remembered what i was like as a teenager and thought, "That'd be good! Maybe they'll be polite, pleasant and easy going". Im already thinking if i get preggers from a greek donor i will call my baby Effie or Jimaco. :-) Hahaha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    @Chyna how’d it go? Oh just read the next post that it takes 5 to 7 days…urggh always so much waiting
    Lol all good nurse told me will be 3 business days. Took 3 vials of blood. Luckily I'm not scared of needles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge that's the spirit!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urrrgh I so have to go and do some work...I've been procrastinating all day! I'm so bad my cousin is my accountant and told me I had to have my BAS stuff to her today...hmm I wonder if I send it at midnight will that still count

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (06-05-2016)