Closed Thread
Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Honey, I'm so sorry ypur dissapointed with your numbers. You 9nly need 1. I only had 3 and got my bfp. Fx for you xx
    Thanks lovely. That definitely gives me some confidence. We've had 5 fertilize overnight so fingers crossed they keep growing well over the next few days xx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (14-06-2016),Gagingi  (14-06-2016),sumteng  (14-06-2016),Zowiebluebell  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Ok so we had 5 eggs fertilize normally overnight. All 7 eggs were mature and fertilized but one didn't make it and 1 didn't have the right genetic makeup or something like that. I'm so terrified about calling tomorrow as that's when we found out about the multinucleation last cycle. I feel like I'm going to be stress cleaning all day and perhaps all week!
    @Heyside glad to hear you've had a bowel movement but sorry bout the other symptoms you've been getting. Is it possible you've had a reaction to the movicol? Perhaps worth chatting with one of the nurses or Wazza just to get their opinion. Fingers crossed for you lovely that it's nothing to worry about xxx @sumteng very relieved to hear your news. Keep looking after yourself. @Zowiebluebell hope you are feeling ok today and got some good news about your embies.

Thanks to everyone that has given advice about the clexane injections. I'll be starting them tomorrow so will be taking on board all of your advice.
    That's great news about your embies!

Out of the 19, 8 fertilised. Like you I am freaking out about further updates as Kate said it was a lower fertilisation rate than they would have liked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mrsparso - 5 is good going hun and remember that just because you had multinucleation last cycle doesn't mean the same will happen again, on my first cycle we got lots lots of multinucleation and ended up with no blasts, but the last two cycles I have had 3 and 6 blasts so each cycle is different. Hope you get a fantastic result tomorrow hun and you are pleasantly surprised x
    I think I may have had a reaction to the movicol or maybe its just my bodies reaction to the bm as it was quite painful (sorry tmi).
    @Zowiebluebell - Thinking of you hun hopefully you get a good update tomorrow. Just becsuse its a lower fertilisation rate than hoped doesnt mean that the ones that have fertilsed won't stick around they may be beautiful strong embies hun stay positive x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Zowiebluebell  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    AFM - Ok ladies need your opinions, I took the movicol last night just before dinner and within half an hour I came out in cold sweats. I started to also feel light headed and nauseous and every hair on my head hurt. It doesn't seem to be the symptoms of OHSS but it does worry me a little. I did have a bowel movement not long after but have still felt the same overnight. This morning I have taken some panadol and it seems to have helped some, will see how I go the rest of this morning but hoping things get better from here.
    @Heyside I'd definitely talk to the nurses today. I've taken Movicol on numerous occasions and it is known to be really gentle. I've probably taken 6-8 sachets in 24 hours at times. Therefore I'd wonder if you are allergic, or at least intolerant to it - otherwise it might be a coincidence and it's better to try to identify the source of your issues. Do you need yo gave a BT before transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside so sorry to hear what you have gone through over night. I hope you feel better and get relief. I still haven't had any relief, hoping I can go this arv or tonight. I have 2 morula and 1 that hopefully will be at that stage this afternoon. And one only has 8 cells or something so not looking good for that one :-( so I have transfer at 11.15 tomorrow to be there by 10.15 so hopefully everything is all good :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @sumteng - hang in there Hun. All sounding good with your bubba and I find Charlotte very thorough. It sounds scary though. I hate Crinone - would pessaries be better? Also do you do a clean out? Make sure you rest up and try to relax. I'm so tired that whilst I'm just off bedrest I'm still only managing half days. Sorry you'll miss the expo ...

What's this about smaller needles!!!!! My bruises were fading (slightly) and then one night for no reason a needle must have gone in badly, as the next day every old bruise was a deep purple (and still is a fortnight later), and now my entire expanding tummy is still a hideous purple mess. Even Charlotte was shocked when she went to do ultrasound. I'm doing needles around the edges and just hoping bruising doesn't extend any further and that I don't run out of clean space. I'm hoping I come off Clexane in a few weeks (although I believe some girls are on it for the duration). Based on previous cycles I expect bruising will take at least 10 weeks to disappear once I stop. I keep telling DH that the social workers will be all over him if I need to go to hospital for any reason - as well as my tummy I have multiple bruises from blood tests, cannulas, and random bumps. I'm glad it's winter.
    You may have nicked a blood vessel. It always looks worse that what it is but nurses said ice up if you don't want the bruise to spread. I also load on Hirudoid Cream which is a bruise cream (nurses checked and ok'ed it). I had a massive one and still have a shadow from 4 wks ago. Keep telling DH "Australia saids NO!" so they can be cell buddies when the social workers all compare notes

As for the smaller needles, I got given x2 boxes of 40mg when I was suppose to be on 60mg doses after EPU. So we had to draw x1.5 into one needle, and Kate also said the needles that she was giving us to draw into one were smaller (I was a big wuss and refused to take x2 needles unnecessarily). I did "test" a normal clexane needle (went out to dinner too late one nite, had family over after and just told DH to jab ASAP cos I was paranoid I'd forget) and bawled from the pain. Since then, have always got smaller needles from Kate, even when we finally used up the 40mg's and had 60mg's. It still hurts, but for me, less than the crappy clexane ones.

Crinone - was only using as a substitute when I was at work (needed x4 pessaries and it was wayyyy to messy to walk around once I had one in, so Charlotte let me substitute a Crinone for a pessary once a day, but still take the x3 as pesseries). Now on bed rest, only on pessaries and staying clear of the Crinone, but Charlotte did say it could still be lingering up there

Great to hear you're off bed rest and take it easy! It must be hell getting back into any kind of routine if Charlotte has had you on valium all day too and you're body clock is all over the place, let alone the fatigue and any other preg symptoms.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sumteng For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    AFM - Ok ladies need your opinions, I took the movicol last night just before dinner and within half an hour I came out in cold sweats. I started to also feel light headed and nauseous and every hair on my head hurt. It doesn't seem to be the symptoms of OHSS but it does worry me a little. I did have a bowel movement not long after but have still felt the same overnight. This morning I have taken some panadol and it seems to have helped some, will see how I go the rest of this morning but hoping things get better from here.
    Sorry to hear about an awful night! Have you given Waz's office a call? I haven't tried Movicol but I find Benefibre works for me. It doesn't seem to agree with you, perhaps of the high dose of laxative? and with all the cocktail of meds/vitamins Waz will have you on, it might just be one extra shock to your system and worth while trying something more natural (eg prunes, pear juice etc)? Sorry not to be much help but hope you feel better soon for your transfer tomorrow. Sending your way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Gagingi, @Rosie888 and @sumteng for the info on my sickness. I just spoke with kate and ahe isn't concerned at all and seems to think that its just the effect of finally having a bm on my system. Things have definately improved since this morning and I am just keeping up with fluids and some panadol. Finding food is helping to settle my stomach too. Hope you get some relief soon too @Rosie888.

Great news on your embies @Rosie888 you must be so happy with that. Hope to see you tomorrow in the day theatres looks like I am in just before you at 11.00 all going to plan.

AFM - We have had a bit of a drop of with our embies and lots are either unchanged or down graded but I am still pretty happy as its an improvement on last cycle. We have 5 morulas at this point (last cycle we had none as they were all behind), we have two that will hopefully be morulas by later today and then maybe two more that are behind that. All planned for FET tomorrow just hoping our little frostie is nice and strong and survives.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (14-06-2016),sumteng  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry double post
    Last edited by Heyside; 14-06-2016 at 14:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside get on the prune juice lovey omg I drank a cup of it and it got me moving all right lol!! Maybe do half a cup! Also, your embies sound great!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-06-2016)