Page 33 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope this mornings appointment went well @mrsparso

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    After another failed cycle last month my head hasn't been in the right space for anything IVF related so have been having a break from the forum, FB etc. Just trying to get in the right frame of mind to keep going I guess. We did 8 cycles with another clinic with 2 FS and there is no doubt in my mind that we have been misdiagnosed by the looks of things so have been quite agitated and angry.

Had our follow up appt with Charlotte over a week ago. Walked into the meeting expecting her to say we needed donor sperm/egg. She seems to think we dont as we are still getting good quality blasts. The one we put back in was AA and we have 2 frozen - a BB and a BC. Going by the stats she said its a numbers game with us...pretty frustrating. So next step for us would be an FET in June. We are also exploring PGD testing as DH is just above the normal range (not high) for chromosomal sperm issues which resulted in our miscarriage last year. Charlotte said although an embryo can look top grade from the outside it could still have issues underneath where PGD would rule this out.

My issue is we dont get alot to day 5 - maybe 1 to transfer and 1 or 2 to freeze. Do you think its worth doing the testing? I guess for me it would give us some more answers. Just so unsure. Grateful for any advice from anyone that has had the testing done.
    Sorry to hear about your failed cycle. I understand you needing a break from it all. I hope that Charlotte can get you that BFP if you decide to cycle again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by softshellcrab View Post
    @MamaKes I've joined the beached whale club too. After seeing Waz yesterday for second scan in the morning and being full of hope and relief I started spotting again in the afternoon sending me into a huge anxiety spiral. (Had previous spotting 2 wks ago at 6wks) Nurses upped my progesterone and started me on cylopropan and Valium, saw waz again this morning and have been given orders for bed rest for next four weeks. Really upset but obviously will do anything to make this bub stick. Not sure how understanding work will be..
    Aww..sorry to hear that you need bedrest. But hopefully it will be a small price to pay for a big reward. Now is a good time to catch up on all those tv shows you've been thinking about watching!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-06-2016),MamaKes  (01-06-2016),softshellcrab  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Hope this mornings appointment went well @mrsparso
    Hi Heyside. Glad to hear your appointment went well this week. I'm doing the growth hormone this cycle too. Another cost but i figure it's worth trying anything that might help at this stage. Going to call and check my bloods shortly and then hopefully it'll be all systems go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great @mrsparso we can do the GH together, I didn't ask about side effects hoping there is nothing too drastic ahead haha! Hope all comes back good with your bloods. The nurse penciled me in for EPU and PGD next Wednesday but I am expecting to take longer than that, I usually do so maybe next Friday or the week after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great @mrsparso we can do the GH together, I didn't ask about side effects hoping there is nothing too drastic ahead haha! Hope all comes back good with your bloods. The nurse penciled me in for EPU and PGD next Wednesday but I am expecting to take longer than that, I usually do so maybe next Friday or the week after?
    Bloods are all good so it's full steam ahead. I have to take luveris again too so 3 evening injections! Ahh!! I did ask Wazza awhile back about the side effects of the growth hormone and I'm pretty sure he just joked and said I'll be able to pump more iron in the gym! Ha ha, typical Wazza! So i think hopefully we should be good. We didn't discuss egg removal date yet but I'm back in again on Monday morning and should get an idea then. I hope we get to cross paths at some stage!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-06-2016),Heyside  (01-06-2016),MamaKes  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @mrsparso, yes I am on the Luveris too so yes we will both be pin cushions! Great news on the side effects although it would have been nice to have a benefit like good hair or something haha! I think the only reason a predicted date for epu was discussed for me was due to booking in the pgd but as I said I doubt I will be ready then. I am in on Monday morning too. I would say we can catch up then but it depends when DD's school photos are if they are Monday I am hoping to head back to the coast quickly to do her hair otherwise DH will be stressing out haha! (Well either that or she will look like a scarecrow on her picture lol). Will get back to you on that if your free?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (02-06-2016),MamaKes  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepontryin13 - Good to see you back here hun, a break is sometimes needed hope your in a good space again. Great to hear Charlotte has a plan for you, I really feel we are in a similar position and its a numbers game for us too! We have opted for the pgd testing too as feel it just gives us the little bit more information, it feels good knowing we will hopefully be putting back a normally tested embie this time if it survives its got to up the chances you would think. In the end we only had the one embie that had survived the thaw as ours were frozen embies and we still tested it so I would test whatever number you get hun.
    @softshellcrab - So sorry to hear that hun, make sure you do rest and take it easy!
    @MamaKes - Sounds like you're resting up well hun keep it up. I was in for intralipids yesterday and the nurse was saying she had a mothers group in the day before, that must have been you ladies haha! Being admitted to st andrews for a few days sounds like a very good plan.

AFM - Full on day yesterday left the house at 4am and didn't get home until 4pm, came home with a huge headache and took myself to bed early 😴 My appointment went well I got the go ahead to start injections and we have added in the growth hormone. Wazza has now got his hands tied and isn't able to do double transfers even though my last one was double so we will just be putting back our one pgd tested embie and any fresh we get will be tested.
    @Heyside yep that mothers group was us.. Probably too loud and chatty but I think they secretly loved it.

Wow that's a full day you had... Hope you got to recover today and that headache disappeared. Is the growth hormone Wazza's got you on Saizen? I've done that a few times on OE cycles (prior to Wazza). Yay for the go-ahead to start injections - I know it's not fun - but marks the start of what could be your lucky cycle!

Wazza was in good form today, you would have loved it. I was there for a Charlotte scan and he tried to drag me, my mum and dad into the room to scan me before Charlotte shooed him away saying 'she's mine now'. Funny. Then Wazza offered my 70/yr-old mum some embryos and asked my dad if he wanted to be a sperm donor. They thought he was hilarious. Funny guy.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (02-06-2016),Gagingi  (01-06-2016),softshellcrab  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes - From what they were saying to me yes they did love it they said it was lovely to see 😄. Yes I am on the saizen hun, hoping it makes a difference, its definitely good to get started again. Lol sounds like he was definitely on form, hes definitely one on his own haha!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @mrsparso, yes I am on the Luveris too so yes we will both be pin cushions! Great news on the side effects although it would have been nice to have a benefit like good hair or something haha! I think the only reason a predicted date for epu was discussed for me was due to booking in the pgd but as I said I doubt I will be ready then. I am in on Monday morning too. I would say we can catch up then but it depends when DD's school photos are if they are Monday I am hoping to head back to the coast quickly to do her hair otherwise DH will be stressing out haha! (Well either that or she will look like a scarecrow on her picture lol). Will get back to you on that if your free?
    Ha ha! Yes i agree with you. Some side effects like nice hair would be great considering all the other torture we put ourselves through! As long as we don't start sprouting hair on our face and chest! Oh yay I'm so excited we'll both be there on Monday morning. My appointment is at 6:50am. That was the earliest i could get. I'll have DH and DS with me. But then DH will head to work after appointment (he's coming to mind DS for me while i have my appointment). We have swimming at 9:30am but would definitely at least have time for a coffee/tea at the cafe downstairs? If you have to head off for your daughters school photos that's no worries. Hopefully we'll cross paths again. Good luck with the nightly ritual of being a pin cushion!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (02-06-2016),Heyside  (02-06-2016)