Closed Thread
Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Hello Lovelies......

Just popping in to quickly ask Wazza's PCOS Girls if his "Pharmacy of Supplements" is still the same for you guys??? I figure he probably drops the DHEA off the list??

Asking for a friend who's done a couple of rounds of Clomid to no avail..in her early 30's. Dropped a lot of weight recently, has gotten her monthly cycles down to 35 days and according to her BT's is now ovulating. She's under Dr Peng Ng at the moment at Sunnybank Private (anyone know anything about him??? I've heard of him but that's about it) but looks to be having to go down the IVF road soon.

What about Vitex?? She's wondering what else she can do the stack the decks in their favour naturally while they wait to get started on IVF...Any ideas Lovelies???
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm a PCOS girl. Wazza has me on Inofolic which is an OTC powder. More info can be found at http://www.inofolic.it/drupal/?q=en. I have a friend in early 30s who swears it is what got them their BFP after 7 IVF cycles (+ a dozen IUI). You can get it at The Mill Pharmacy, Wickham Terrace. It's showing really good results for PCOS and IVF and natural conceptions. During pregnancy it also reduces risk of gestational diabetes (PCOS significantly increases risk of type 2 diabetes). The Mill will post it apparently or check out overseas source www.brandmedicines.com. My friend is s pharmacist and she got it at The Mill, so I think that is probably the best bet.

Wazza also has me on Metformin 2000mg a day - built up 500mg a week over 4 weeks. I had GTT with FS#1 who refused to put me on Metformin, but it seems to be fairly common that FSs will put PCOS girls on it regardless of glucose readings. A lot then fall naturally pretty quickly once started.

With DHEA, Wazza kept me on it and when we discussed if it's contraindicated for PCOS (after your comments on 40+ thread gone months ago) and he said that in many cases he would not give it to PCOS girls, but in my case it was indicated. If she is only in her early 30s, then I imagine there would be less of a case for it. At 40+ plus I think the rule book gets rearranged.

If she does need to go down IVF path, Wazza also gives a protein drip immediately after EPU to help prevent OHSS if you get over 20 eggs, although I asked for it for over 15 eggs as it makes recovery so much better. Love that stuff.

Has your friend signed up for Wazza as a backup? I know it's tricky as everybody wants to have faith in their FS, but we wasted 3 cycles on FS#1. I wish we'd known about Wazza earlier. As you know he doesn't just use a standard stim protocol, whereas I gather many do. Right from the start with Wazza, before many supplements could have kicked in, we got better results from his mix of stim drugs.

From my readings there is also a strong suggestion that cutting sugars (natural and refined) and carbs is helpful for PCOS, so that might be worth considering and makes sense given glucose links. A naturopath would also suggest a truckload of stuff, although personally I'd save my $, but each to there own.

My original "just PCOS" list:

Folic Acid 5mgs/day (Megafol)
    Berocca 1/day
    Fish Oil 1000mgs/day
    Zinc 40mgs/day
    Vitamin E 500mg(1000iu)/day
    Co-enzyme Q10 400mg/day
    Low dose aspirin 100mg/day
    Diabex XR 500mg- 2 tablets twice daily
    Inofolic 1 sachet daily

+ Melatonin and DHEA
    Last edited by Gagingi; 31-05-2016 at 13:27.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016),Tinachris  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post

Thank-you Luv for that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm a PCOS girl. Wazza has me on Inofolic which is an OTC powder. More info can be found at http://www.inofolic.it/drupal/?q=en. I have a friend in early 30s who swears it is what got them their BFP after 7 IVF cycles (+ a dozen IUI). You can get it at The Mill Pharmacy, Wickham Terrace. It's showing really good results for PCOS and IVF and natural conceptions. During pregnancy it also reduces risk of gestational diabetes (PCOS significantly increases risk of type 2 diabetes). The Mill will post it apparently or check out overseas source www.brandmedicines.com. My friend is s pharmacist and she got it at The Mill, so I think that is probably the best bet.

Wazza also has me on Metformin 2000mg a day - built up 500mg a week over 4 weeks. I had GTT with FS#1 who refused to put me on Metformin, but it seems to be fairly common that FSs will put PCOS girls on it regardless of glucose readings. A lot then fall naturally pretty quickly once started.

With DHEA, Wazza kept me on it and when we discussed if it's contraindicated for PCOS (after your comments on 40+ thread gone months ago) and he said that in many cases he would not give it to PCOS girls, but in my case it was indicated. If she is only in her early 30s, then I imagine there would be less of a case for it. At 40+ plus I think the rule book gets rearranged.

If she does need to go down IVF path, Wazza also gives a protein drip immediately after EPU to help prevent OHSS if you get over 20 eggs, although I asked for it for over 15 eggs as it makes recovery so much better. Love that stuff.

Has your friend signed up for Wazza as a backup? I know it's tricky as everybody wants to have faith in their FS, but we wasted 3 cycles on FS#1. I wish we'd known about Wazza earlier. As you know he doesn't just use a standard stim protocol, whereas I gather many do. Right from the start with Wazza, before many supplements could have kicked in, we got better results from his mix of stim drugs.

From my readings there is also a strong suggestion that cutting sugars (natural and refined) and carbs is helpful for PCOS, so that might be worth considering and makes sense given glucose links. A naturopath would also suggest a truckload of stuff, although personally I'd save my $, but each to there own.

My original "just PCOS" list:

Folic Acid 5mgs/day (Megafol)
    Berocca 1/day
    Fish Oil 1000mgs/day
    Zinc 40mgs/day
    Vitamin E 500mg(1000iu)/day
    Co-enzyme Q10 400mg/day
    Low dose aspirin 100mg/day
    Diabex XR 500mg- 2 tablets twice daily
    Inofolic 1 sachet daily

+ Melatonin and DHEA

That too Luv

Yes...have already pointed her Wazza's way!!

Will pass on the Inofolic/Diabex/Metformin info too that you and @mummymaybe have provided

Thanks Girls!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-06-2016),Tinachris  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    After another failed cycle last month my head hasn't been in the right space for anything IVF related so have been having a break from the forum, FB etc. Just trying to get in the right frame of mind to keep going I guess. We did 8 cycles with another clinic with 2 FS and there is no doubt in my mind that we have been misdiagnosed by the looks of things so have been quite agitated and angry.

Had our follow up appt with Charlotte over a week ago. Walked into the meeting expecting her to say we needed donor sperm/egg. She seems to think we dont as we are still getting good quality blasts. The one we put back in was AA and we have 2 frozen - a BB and a BC. Going by the stats she said its a numbers game with us...pretty frustrating. So next step for us would be an FET in June. We are also exploring PGD testing as DH is just above the normal range (not high) for chromosomal sperm issues which resulted in our miscarriage last year. Charlotte said although an embryo can look top grade from the outside it could still have issues underneath where PGD would rule this out.

My issue is we dont get alot to day 5 - maybe 1 to transfer and 1 or 2 to freeze. Do you think its worth doing the testing? I guess for me it would give us some more answers. Just so unsure. Grateful for any advice from anyone that has had the testing done.
    Sorry to hear about your cycle @keepontrying13. We wasted thousands we could not afford on FS#1 and now know there is not a hope in hell it would have worked. Plus of course time and stress. It's very frustrating. I'm glad we found Wazza before it was too late and Charlotte is awesome too. Our time with FS#1 likely means we'll only have one, whereas if we'd stared with Wazza back then we'd probably be working on no#2 now. FSs change our lives.

We are lucky to get one or two day 5 embie per cycle and they are usually CCs. I have PCOS, so we get a decent number of eggs, but they are old and PCOS dodgy. If you do 5-day PGD it is $750 per embie. They can biopsy a 6-day and if you transfer that as a FET it has as much chance as any other normal embie.

Do you use PICSI? We found that increased our fert rate and also the number of day 5/6 embryos - taking it from none to one or two. I'd also suggest letting the supplements build up for 4-6 months and making sure both you are DH follow instructions religiously. We did embryo banking for the last couple of cycles, PGDing what we could. This allows your body to recover from stimming and I found not doing a fresh transfer made a huge difference to my health and wellbeing. The FET was a breeze by comparison and I knew that there was nothing untoward going on post EPU that might jeopardise a good embie implanting. We transferred 3 PGD normals over 2 ETs and one has taken. I think 1:3 is the average. I also found I got better embies on the second of two back-to-back stims, so that was another reason not to do a fresh transfer as I think I'd have found that too much.

From what you've said I'd be tempted to do PGD and then when you get a normal you can concentrate on preparing your uterus, knowing it's got a much better shot of working. If you want more than one then I'd be inclined to embryo bank as well. I'd have thought with BB or BCs you'd have a good chance. It can take a few cycles though to get a normal, but what is the point in transferring an abnormal and putting yourself through the TWW? Ours that has taken was either a normal cavitating morula or a 5BB, although we may never know (if they were different gender, once we know bub's gender we'll be able to figure it out - if QFG will give us that info).

I hope that helps in some way, or let me know if you have any more specific questions.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your cycle @keepontrying13. We wasted thousands we could not afford on FS#1 and now know there is not a hope in hell it would have worked. Plus of course time and stress. It's very frustrating. I'm glad we found Wazza before it was too late and Charlotte is awesome too. Our time with FS#1 likely means we'll only have one, whereas if we'd stared with Wazza back then we'd probably be working on no#2 now. FSs change our lives.

We are lucky to get one or two day 5 embie per cycle and they are usually CCs. I have PCOS, so we get a decent number of eggs, but they are old and PCOS dodgy. If you do 5-day PGD it is $750 per embie. They can biopsy a 6-day and if you transfer that as a FET it has as much chance as any other normal embie.

Do you use PICSI? We found that increased our fert rate and also the number of day 5/6 embryos - taking it from none to one or two. I'd also suggest letting the supplements build up for 4-6 months and making sure both you are DH follow instructions religiously. We did embryo banking for the last couple of cycles, PGDing what we could. This allows your body to recover from stimming and I found not doing a fresh transfer made a huge difference to my health and wellbeing. The FET was a breeze by comparison and I knew that there was nothing untoward going on post EPU that might jeopardise a good embie implanting. We transferred 3 PGD normals over 2 ETs and one has taken. I think 1:3 is the average. I also found I got better embies on the second of two back-to-back stims, so that was another reason not to do a fresh transfer as I think I'd have found that too much.

From what you've said I'd be tempted to do PGD and then when you get a normal you can concentrate on preparing your uterus, knowing it's got a much better shot of working. If you want more than one then I'd be inclined to embryo bank as well. I'd have thought with BB or BCs you'd have a good chance. It can take a few cycles though to get a normal, but what is the point in transferring an abnormal and putting yourself through the TWW? Ours that has taken was either a normal cavitating morula or a 5BB, although we may never know (if they were different gender, once we know bub's gender we'll be able to figure it out - if QFG will give us that info).

I hope that helps in some way, or let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Thanks @Gagingi this is really helpful. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has wasted thousands of $$$ on crap FS. Really breaks your heart dosent it. Glad we found Charlotte but totally agree would have been great to find her a couple of years ago but no doubt in my mind we are in the right hands now.

I have PCOS as well and like you produce alot of eggs but they all tend to drop off around the day 4-5 area. We get good fertilisation results and only use ICSI. Thats good to know you found doing back to back cycles gave you better embies...something to think about I guess. I have really found this first cycle with Charlotte the hardest for me out of the many I have done. I think its all the drugs she throws at me!

We would be happy with one bubba and cant see myself having any more than that. Hoping the next STIM we do we can get 2-3 to test. Looks like they give you a good average as well! I'm hoping the two we have in the freezer will be it but I have learnt from experience not to pin my hopes and always have a plan going forward!

Again thanks for the info and good luck with your pregnancy!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-06-2016),Gagingi  (31-05-2016),Tinachris  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @softshellcrab sorry to hear you've joined the club. It's very boring and frustrating. How far along are you? It's scary, but the great thing about Wazza is that he does everything he can and knows this pregnancy caper inside and out.

I'm glad work responded better than expected. Did you tell them why or are you getting med cert from your GP? The good thing about 4 weeks is that it is obviously serious.

Big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.S. @BlondeinBrisvegas Metformin/Diabex/Metex are all the same thing - Metformin is the branded and the others generics.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-05-2016),mummymaybe  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keepintrying13 as a lot of women on this thread will attest the drugs work for embies, but knock a lot of us about. I had a couple of bouts of excessive drug toxicity, keeping me off work and turning me into a hermit when stimming. It's hard, but worth it.

Maybe ask about PICSI if you need to do another stim cycle. It's $200 I think. It's non invasive and they get sperm to swim through a substance similar to the coating around the egg. Those that can swim/attach are genetically stronger, as like eggs and embryos, a good looking sperm might be a dud. I think for ICSI it is a brilliant idea as ICSI takes out natural selection, whereas PICSI brings it back in. Whilst many factors influence embryo development and the egg is important the whole way through, sperm plays a bigger role days 3-5 - in combo with egg (my DH thought it was all his fault if embies fell over days 3-5, but Wazza said combo).

Thanks for your well wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    P.S. @BlondeinBrisvegas Metformin/Diabex/Metex are all the same thing - Metformin is the branded and the others generics.
    Yep..figured that one out Luv..told her she'll have to get her FS or GP to prescribe it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Keepontryin13 - Good to see you back here hun, a break is sometimes needed hope your in a good space again. Great to hear Charlotte has a plan for you, I really feel we are in a similar position and its a numbers game for us too! We have opted for the pgd testing too as feel it just gives us the little bit more information, it feels good knowing we will hopefully be putting back a normally tested embie this time if it survives its got to up the chances you would think. In the end we only had the one embie that had survived the thaw as ours were frozen embies and we still tested it so I would test whatever number you get hun.
    @softshellcrab - So sorry to hear that hun, make sure you do rest and take it easy!
    @MamaKes - Sounds like you're resting up well hun keep it up. I was in for intralipids yesterday and the nurse was saying she had a mothers group in the day before, that must have been you ladies haha! Being admitted to st andrews for a few days sounds like a very good plan.

AFM - Full on day yesterday left the house at 4am and didn't get home until 4pm, came home with a huge headache and took myself to bed early 😴 My appointment went well I got the go ahead to start injections and we have added in the growth hormone. Wazza has now got his hands tied and isn't able to do double transfers even though my last one was double so we will just be putting back our one pgd tested embie and any fresh we get will be tested.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (01-06-2016),Keepontryin13  (01-06-2016),MamaKes  (01-06-2016)