Closed Thread
Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside I'm struggling with prednisone too. Blood pressure is up, I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack, very anxious, and irritable. All I can say is that I hear you and I don't think there is much you can do, other that be gentle on yourself. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Gagingi, you must have been on it for quite a while now too its awful isn't it. I can't remember going through this with my first time on it but last FET was the same. I have been dreading it setting in this time with my higher dose. I sat in the car when I went to pick DD up earlier just felt so anxious O didn't want to get out of the car. Are you on it until you reach second trimester?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Thanks @Gagingi, you must have been on it for quite a while now too its awful isn't it. I can't remember going through this with my first time on it but last FET was the same. I have been dreading it setting in this time with my higher dose. I sat in the car when I went to pick DD up earlier just felt so anxious O didn't want to get out of the car. Are you on it until you reach second trimester?
    @Heyside I've been on it about 7-8 weeks and the symptoms are building. Today was the worst so far. I'm on 25mg and will be reducing 5mg every 5 days, so I can start to reduce at about 10 weeks. My OB was saying I need to still be on a decent dose for the last couple of weeks of the first trimester as the placenta takes over, as that is a time when rejection can occur (at least I think that was the gist of it). She knows I'm keen to get off it. Pre transfer, could you ask about taking some Valium or something? It's not safe if pregnant, but maybe would be okay/helpful now? Are you having a scan soon or ring them? Otherwise does massage, bath, exercise help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no @Gagingi the fact symptoms are building isn't good. Its good you will be reducing soon, I have no reason to complain in comparison 😳. The valium sounds like a nice plan I could role with the side effects of that lol. Af should be here next week and I will be phoning Warren's rooms so will see how I go between now and then. Thanks hun x

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-05-2016),Gagingi  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Muchulu1 I'm in Brisbane, but know patients do travel from around the country to see Wazza. He is awesome. Have you spoken to his office? They'd be able to let you know what is involved, what you can do from home, and when you'd need to be in Brisbane. He also has a long waitlist, so if you are going to go with him I'd get your name on the list.
    Thanks @Gagingi
    Will call the office Monday & see what is involved. Yeah I've heard there is a long wait list :/ Hopefully we will get our BFP before the appt. comes around. Don't want to be in the same boat in 12mths with no options. Keen to be on the front foot.
    All the best everyone

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-05-2016),Gagingi  (20-05-2016),Heyside  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #3

I've actually had symptoms weaning off from 25mg!!! Nothing major on it at all but now I'm weaning it's been crazy!! 🙃15 to 10 mg has been the worst so far- anxiety, paranoia, feelings of impending doom!!! Evil stuff!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I am from Perth.. And have been flying back and forward between Brisbane and Perth to see him. You will need to fly over to see him initially.. And collect any drugs you need. But if you are happy to have scans and bloods locally (which you will need to fully pay for) then you just return a day or two prior to pickup and then stay 5 more days for transfer if doing an ivf cycle). Waz and his team are great and very familiar with dealing with interstate patients. Ring up and explain yr location and if u are willing to go on a cancellation list.. You could be there in a week or two.. Good luck and message me if you require any more info.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-05-2016),Gagingi  (20-05-2016),Heyside  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    @Muchulu1 I am from Perth.. And have been flying back and forward between Brisbane and Perth to see him. You will need to fly over to see him initially.. And collect any drugs you need. But if you are happy to have scans and bloods locally (which you will need to fully pay for) then you just return a day or two prior to pickup and then stay 5 more days for transfer if doing an ivf cycle). Waz and his team are great and very familiar with dealing with interstate patients. Ring up and explain yr location and if u are willing to go on a cancellation list.. You could be there in a week or two.. Good luck and message me if you require any more info.
    Thanks @kylie764 all sounds promising. How are you handling the commute? I've still got to work out how I would juggle interstate IVF. Must be a very big commitment. How long have you been commuting? Were you at a local clinic for sometime before you started seeing Waz? Im at Hollywood on my 5th cycle. Everything is 'unexplained' & I seem to be met with a lot of resistance when i ask for more investigations. V frustrating! Don't feel like we're getting anywhere. Time to start looking elsewhere.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    I've actually had symptoms weaning off from 25mg!!! Nothing major on it at all but now I'm weaning it's been crazy!! ������15 to 10 mg has been the worst so far- anxiety, paranoia, feelings of impending doom!!! Evil stuff!
    @Tinachris it is very evil stuff. This is the worst I've been on it. I was on 50mg one cycle and aside from bloating/weight gain didn't really have any side effects. It's weird that I'm having more symptoms on a lower dose and you are also finding it worse as you reduce. I cannot wait to be off it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-05-2016),Tinachris  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread #3

@Muchulu1 My first cycle was successful with warren.. Giving me my 2 yr old. I had a laparoscopy prior to starting to rule out endo and a hysteriscopy endometrium scraping and lipoidal wash to prepare me for my first cycle. Have been trying for number 2.. 3 more cycles with him.. Flying back and forth and now onto donor eggs. I have been to South Africa twice for this. Was over in Qld about 3 weeks ago for another scraping and had transfer yesterday in Cape Town.. So I suppose I am saying the commute is much shorter to Qld than to South Africa. It is manageable to QLD.. Just depends on the lengths you are willing to go to to have a baby. Warren will tell you straight and is the best person to do what ever it takes to get you pregnant. I don't know anyone that has used Hollywood.. I know lots that have used concept or fertility north, but for me, with time against me and needing donor sperm.. Waz at QFG was the man for me to see. He is really lovely and has a passion for his job. Message me and I can chat with you on messager etc.. As just resting up in bed after yesterday's transfer!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (20-05-2016)