+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default WWYD - IPAD missing day of moving

So we moved on the weekend and my kids IPAD is missing.

It was the last thing I grabbed when I left for the new house... My husband handed me a backpack and said our electrical stuff was in there (laptop,dvd player) and I said 'I'll put the iPad in there so it's all together and take it in my car'

Which is what I did - I brought all the bags I brought into the lounge room and I was alone when the Removalists arrived at the new house and after 20 minutes - one of them said they needed water and the other asked to use the toilet... He was gone close to 10 minutes.... I had to stay out the front as my kids were in the backyard, with the garage open they could get to the front street...

So my issue is the next day the kids asked for their iPad and I opened the bag and it's not there. I didn't panic at first thinking I must have gotten it wrong but I've unpacked very thing I brought over and the only boxes left were sealed days earlier... No iPad.

I don't know what to do, I really don't want to call someone a thief but i know I put it in that bag and no one else has been to the house...not even family. The kids didn't know which bag had the iPad so I know it wasn't them.

I asked my husband to call and just aka if they could 'check the truck' (even though I know that it didn't go on the truck) in the hope that if they had taken it they might 'find' it and that would be the end of it....

Wwyd???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Belter  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First thing I'd do is Google the reviews on the company and see if others have had things go "missing".

Then I would call them in an non-accusatory tone and ask them to check their truck. Honestly, I don't think anything will come out of it. If they had the gall to steal it they sure as heck won't admit it or act like they "found it".

Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If they've nicked it I think it's gone unfortunately

They have individual serial numbers so if you can be arsed you can maybe ring your local police but I'm not sure how seriously they would take it.

Are they a reputable company? Maybe the boss would appreciate knowing if there is a thief in his ranks ruining their business- maybe flick a polite email saying you can't prove anything but your iPad is now missing and they should be aware of this?

Otherwise consider it an expensive lesson learnt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Do you have 'find my ipad/iphone installed on it? You could track it down. I would definitely chase it up,they could be ripping off alot of people. I would be more direct about it to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not a reputable company - it was recommended by friends who had used them but it changed owners before we moved. I only found out the day before we moved so no real time to swap over.

I'm really annoyed that I didn't check on that guy - I mean if I had been with them the whole time I would know it wasn't them - it's the fact I know they had access that stresses me.

I don't have ' find my iPad' it does have a pin code.... I probably will report it to the police.... Annoying thing is it has all my kids games and stuff on it.... They are really upset about it and with the move we can't afford another one for a while 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a box with a very expensive drill inside go missing. This was through an interstate back loading company. So suspicious as they loaded the boxes onto their truck, unloaded them at our new place. Nothing else was missing. They were adamant they had unpacked everything but I knew it was packed onto the truck.

Since then, even though it's stressful we always try and move ourselves.

It totally sucks and I'm sorry it's happened to you. Word of mouth is a pretty powerful thing though if you can give bad review/ let people know you could save it happening to someone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would (sadly) think there's not much you can do.

I would probably try ringing the company, speaking to whoever is in charge and plead that you had some really precious family photos on your ipad and you are heartbroken that it's missing, and could someone please double check that it hasn't turned up. Do not accuse them, as you don't have proof.

If someone has a guilty conscience, maybe it'll 'turn up'?

Best of luck, it's an icky feeling when you suspect someone has stolen from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes id give them a call. Hopefully they will be more "aware" that people know items suddenly go missing.. And aren't exactly stupid. Hope they have a conscious and return it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't they automatically have find my iPad on them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
    Don't they automatically have find my iPad on them?
    Yes this! I thought they automatically had it unless you disabled it?
    I would call them and say you were just calling to see if they have found the iPad in their truck before you go to the police.